Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Unmirror and machine not booted after restart Post 302913165 by bakunin on Thursday 14th of August 2014 08:24:08 AM
Old 08-14-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by reply.ravi
I have checked my AIX CD, but there is no diag CD.
This is not part of the AIX CD-set but a separate CD. If you do not have one you need to get it from your IBM SP. Note that you need a version which is at least at the firmware level of your system.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dual booted RHL 7.3 with Win XP..

Hello all, I'm a no Linux expert! But I perfectly dual booted Win XP with RHL 7.3 on a hp pavilion notebook (model ze5170). All working fantastic now. But I have a minor problem now. I can't get RHL probe the modem, so could not get the internet connection working. The modem is a Conexant... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vishnu
1 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Bush Gets booted!!

EmaBhHJbbes maybe next time they will ask journalists to take off their shoes before going for press conference :D (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcguy
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Unmirror and Remirror for Solaris 10

Happy New Year to all. I am working on Solaris 10 testing as we are moving from Solaris 8. When I JumpStart Solaris 10, SW mirroring (RAID1) is enabled by default and metastat -p shows: d10 -m d11 d12 1 d11 1 1 c1t0d0s0 d12 1 1 c1t1d0s0 d20 -m d21 d22 1 d21 1 1 c1t0d0s1 d22 1 1 c1t1d0s1... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
9 Replies

4. Linux

accessing a Debial home doc when booted ob Ubuntu

Sure it's been covered before my key words probably wrong for search, but I have a triple boot operate mostly in Ubuntu and would like to access debian files to see them without re-booting My first post and great to be here Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: worthamtx
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To find when is the system last re-booted

Hi, What is the command to find when is the system last re-booted? Appreciate your help in this regard. Regards, Venkatesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatesht
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FNG Question: Test if remote server has booted

Hello again, I have a script on my media server that wakes up my backup server, performs an 'rsync' backup, then shuts the backup server down. Currently, I have it send the Wake on LAN packet, and sleep for 5 minutes, just to give the backup server time to boot (of course it doesn't take that long,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vwgtiturbo
11 Replies

7. Solaris

physical device name when booted different then at ok prompt

Hi all, I am experimenting with solaris. I noticed that when the machine is booted the physical device name of the root device is different then when I am at the ok prompt: # mount | head -1 / on /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 # ls -l /dev/dsk/c1t1d0s0 lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deadeyes
2 Replies

8. AIX

Booted to old_rootvg

Our offshore team tried to do some patching for me over the weekend, and while I'm not completely sure of how we got into this state, I know it started with them forgetting to put the alt_rootvg back to sleep before rebooting the server. Our process is this: Clone/update_all using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sdiehr00
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Users get booted

Hello....weird problem but hoping someone can help! Server: PowerEdge 2850 - 8 core - 12gb ram - 32 bit processor OS: Redhat ES 6 Setting: University setting .. use server for Computer Science student accounts (350 users) Every so often the system just boots you, no matter what you are... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: cookdl
14 Replies
SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)				     systemd-machine-id-setup				       SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)

NAME
systemd-machine-id-setup - Initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id SYNOPSIS
systemd-machine-id-setup DESCRIPTION
systemd-machine-id-setup may be used by system installer tools to initialize the machine ID stored in /etc/machine-id at install time, with a provisioned or randomly generated ID. See machine-id(5) for more information about this file. If the tool is invoked without the --commit switch, /etc/machine-id is initialized with a valid, new machined ID if it is missing or empty. The new machine ID will be acquired in the following fashion: 1. If a valid D-Bus machine ID is already configured for the system, the D-Bus machine ID is copied and used to initialize the machine ID in /etc/machine-id. 2. If run inside a KVM virtual machine and a UUID is configured (via the -uuid option), this UUID is used to initialize the machine ID. The caller must ensure that the UUID passed is sufficiently unique and is different for every booted instance of the VM. 3. Similarly, if run inside a Linux container environment and a UUID is configured for the container, this is used to initialize the machine ID. For details, see the documentation of the Container Interface[1]. 4. Otherwise, a new ID is randomly generated. The --commit switch may be used to commit a transient machined ID to disk, making it persistent. For details, see below. Use systemd-firstboot(1) to initialize the machine ID on mounted (but not booted) system images. OPTIONS
The following options are understood: --root=root Takes a directory path as argument. All paths operated will be prefixed with the given alternate root path, including the path for /etc/machine-id itself. --commit Commit a transient machine ID to disk. This command may be used to convert a transient machine ID into a persistent one. A transient machine ID file is one that was bind mounted from a memory file system (usually "tmpfs") to /etc/machine-id during the early phase of the boot process. This may happen because /etc is initially read-only and was missing a valid machine ID file at that point. This command will execute no operation if /etc/machine-id is not mounted from a memory file system, or if /etc is read-only. The command will write the current transient machine ID to disk and unmount the /etc/machine-id mount point in a race-free manner to ensure that this file is always valid and accessible for other processes. This command is primarily used by the systemd-machine-id-commit.service(8) early boot service. --print Print the machine ID generated or committed after the operation is complete. -h, --help Print a short help text and exit. --version Print a short version string and exit. EXIT STATUS
On success, 0 is returned, a non-zero failure code otherwise. SEE ALSO
systemd(1), machine-id(5), systemd-machine-id-commit.service(8), dbus-uuidgen(1), systemd-firstboot(1) NOTES
1. Container Interface https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/ContainerInterface systemd 237 SYSTEMD-MACHINE-ID-SETUP(1)