Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Realtime monitoring of files in a directory Post 302913067 by Corona688 on Wednesday 13th of August 2014 03:00:32 PM
Old 08-13-2014
What is your system?

What have you tried?

Will these files always be complete, or might you catch them in the middle of being generated?

We are not a free scriptwriting service. If you come here with nothing but requirements we can't help you.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring file in a directory

Hi I need the commands that will enable me to monitor the files in a directory, preferably by date of the file and copy those files that have changed to a new directory. Please can someone help? Many thnaks in advance Kind regards from Pete (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pete_leon
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitoring a directory for new files with .xx and executing command if found

Hi Guys. I am a complete shell scripting newbie with some syntax and commands understanding. I'm more of a win admin. With that said: I need to write a shell script to monitor a directory '/Mon_Dir' for new occurrences of files with .xx extension. Once a new file is detected in the directory, a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: krkan
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

monitoring a directory for changes

hi i need to monitor a directory for changes .. when ever a file is modified or created newly then the name of the file along with the user id and the ip address of the person who has created the file or modified it should be logged into a user specific file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sais
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring specific files and folders

I want a mechanism to monitor a folder full of files that are sensitive. I want to log all accesses,modifications and changes to any file within the folder in a log file which should give me access/modify/change times,the user id of the process which tried and the pid. Even some idea of what to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
1 Replies

5. Solaris

realtime monitoring to Sunstorage 3310

Hi all, I have Sun storage 3310 and i have installed CAM to make real time monitor, but unfortunately CAM not supported to 3000 model. is there is any application like CAM and support to 3310 model i can use.. please ur advice?? Thx Regards, Ahmad (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahmad_wa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Advice on monitoring gziped files

so, every 5 minutes, i monitor some data files based on their line numbers. so if i checked now and there are 100 lines in the file, i will scan the 100 lines for specific errors. if i check again 5 minutes later and there are 150 lines in the file, i will monitor the file from line 100 to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files realtime

I have a primary server where certain files are created real time. These files have varying file sizes. I want to FTP or copy them over to a different server server as soon a file gets created. I have to ensure that only full file is copied. The receiving end process expects a FULL file. I am ok... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vskr72
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
MWRAP(1)							   MWRAP manpage							  MWRAP(1)

NAME
mwrap - Octave/MATLAB mex generator SYNOPSIS
mwrap [-mex outputmex] [-m output.m] [-c outputmex.c] [-mb] [-list] [-catch] [-c99complex] [-cppcomplex] infile1 infile2 ... DESCRIPTION
mwrap is an interface generation system in the spirit of SWIG or matwrap. From a set of augmented Octave/MATLAB script files, mwrap will generate a MEX gateway to desired C/C++ function calls and .m function files to access that gateway. The details of converting to and from Octave's or MATLAB's data structures, and of allocating and freeing temporary storage, are hidden from the user. OPTIONS
-mex specifies the name of the MEX function that the generated functions will call. This name will generally be the same as the prefix for the C/C++ output file name. -m specifies the name of the Octave/MATLAB script to be generated. -c specifies the name of the C MEX file to be generated. The MEX file may contain stubs corresponding to several different generated files. -mb redirect Octave/MATLAB function output to files named in the input. In this mode, the processor will change Octave/MATLAB function output files whenever it encounters a line beginning with @. If @ occurs alone on a line, the output will be turned off; if the line begins with @function, the line will be treated as the first line of a function, and the m-file name will be deduced from the function name; and otherwise, the characters after @ (up to the next set of white space) will be treated as a filename, and mwrap will try to write to that file. -list print to the standard output the names of all files that would be generated from redirect output by the -mb flag. -catch surround library calls in try/catch blocks in order to intercept C++ exceptions. -c99complex use the C99 complex floating point types as the default dcomplex and fcomplex types. -cppcomplex use the C++ complex floating point types as the default dcomplex and fcomplex types. mwrap 2012 MWRAP(1)