Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Removing duplicates from delimited file based on 2 columns Post 302912972 by Don Cragun on Wednesday 13th of August 2014 04:37:11 AM
Old 08-13-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SriniShoo
Code:
awk -F '|' '{split($4, d, "/"); dt=d[3] d[1] d[2]
  if($1 in a) {
    if(b[$1] < dt) {b[$1] = dt; a[$1] = $0}}
  else {a[$1] = $0; b[$1] = dt}}
END {for(x in a) {print a[x]}}' file

Although it looks like this will work for the small sample given, with the date formats being used (with no leading zeros on the month and day fields), this won't work reliably. I think you need to change:
Code:
dt=d[3] d[1] d[2]

to:
Code:
dt=sprintf("%d%02d%02d", d[3], d[1], d[2])

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

removing duplicates based on key

HI I am having a file like this 1234 12345678 1234567890123 4321 43215678 432156789028433435 I want to get ouput as 1234567890123 432156789028433435 based on key position 1-4 I am using ksh can anyone give me an idea Thanks pukars (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pukars4u
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates in columns and removing lines

I am trying to figure out how to scan a file like so: 1 ralphs office","555-555-5555","ralph@mail.com","www.ralph.com 2 margies office","555-555-5555","ralph@mail.com","www.ralph.com 3 kims office","555-555-5555","kims@mail.com","www.ralph.com 4 tims... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: totus
17 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove duplicates based on the two key columns

Hi All, I needs to fetch unique records based on a keycolumn(ie., first column1) and also I needs to get the records which are having max value on column2 in sorted manner... and duplicates have to store in another output file. Input : Input.txt 1234,0,x 1234,1,y 5678,10,z 9999,10,k... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search based on 1,2,4,5 columns and remove duplicates in the same file.

Hi, I am unable to search the duplicates in a file based on the 1st,2nd,4th,5th columns in a file and also remove the duplicates in the same file. Source filename: Filename.csv "1","ccc","information","5000","temp","concept","new" "1","ddd","information","6000","temp","concept","new"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing duplicates based on key

Hi, I have the input file with the below data: 12345|12|34 12345|13|23 3456|12|90 15670|12|13 12345|10|14 3456|12|13 I need to remove the duplicates based on the first field only. I need the output like: 12345|12|34 3456|12|90 15670|12|13 The first field needs to be unique . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicates in csv based on key columns

Hi team, I have 20 columns csv files. i want to find the duplicates in that file based on the column1 column10 column4 column6 coulnn8 coulunm2 . if those columns have same values . then it should be a duplicate record. can one help me on finding the duplicates, Thanks in advance. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baskivs
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates in fixed width file which has multiple key columns

Hi All , I have a requirement where I need to remove duplicates from a fixed width file which has multiple key columns .Also , need to capture the duplicate records into another file . File has 8 columns. Key columns are col1 and col2. Col1 has the length of 8 col 2 has the length of 3. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saj
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

To remove duplicates from pipe delimited file

Hi some one please help me to remove duplicates from a pipe delimited file based on first two columns. 123|asdf|sfsd|qwrer 431|yui|qwer|opws 123|asdf|pol|njio Here My first record and last record are duplicates.As per my requirement I want all the latest records into one file. I want the... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ginrkf
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing duplicates on a single "column" (delimited file)

Hello ! I'm quite new to linux but haven't found a script to do this task, unfortunately my knowledge is quite limited on shellscripts... Could you guys help me removing the duplicate lines of a file, based only on a single "column"? For example: M202034357;01/2008;J30RJ021;Ciclo 01... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rufinofr
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Sort and remove duplicates in directory based on first 5 columns:

I have /tmp dir with filename as: 010020001_S-FOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212101.marker 010020001_S-FOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212102.marker 010020001-S-XOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212104.marker 010020001-S-XOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212105.marker 010020001_S-ZOR-Sort-SYEXC_20160229_2212106.marker... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnnsprapa
4 Replies
DBIx::Class::Helper::Schema::LintContents(3pm)		User Contributed Perl Documentation	    DBIx::Class::Helper::Schema::LintContents(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Helper::Schema::LintContents - Check the data in your database match your constraints VERSION
version 2.013002 SYNOPSIS
package MyApp::Schema; use parent 'DBIx::Class::Schema'; __PACKAGE__->load_components('Helper::Schema::LintContents'); 1; And later, somewhere else: say "Incorrectly Null Users:"; for ($schema->null_check_source_auto('User')->all) { say '* ' . $_->id } say "Duplicate Users:"; my $duplicates = $schema->dup_check_source_auto('User'); for (keys %$duplicates) { say "Constraint: $_"; for ($duplicates->{$_}->all) { say '* ' . $_->id } } say "Users with invalid FK's:"; my $invalid_fks = $schema->fk_check_source_auto('User'); for (keys %$invalid_fks) { say "Rel: $_"; for ($invalid_fks->{$_}->all) { say '* ' . $_->id } } DESCRIPTION
Some people think that constraints make their databases slower. As silly as that is, I have been in a similar situation! I'm here to help you, dear developers! Basically this is a suite of methods that allow you to find violated "constraints." To be clear, the constraints I mean are the ones you tell DBIx::Class about, real constraints are fairly sure to be followed. METHODS
fk_check_source my $busted = $schema->fk_check_source( 'User', 'Group', { group_id => 'id' }, ); "fk_check_source" takes three arguments, the first is the from source moniker of a relationship. The second is the to source or source moniker of a relationship. The final argument is a hash reference representing the columns of the relationship. The return value is a resultset of the from source that do not have a corresponding to row. To be clear, the example given above would return a resultset of "User" rows that have a "group_id" that points to a "Group" that does not exist. fk_check_source_auto my $broken = $schema->fk_check_source_auto('User'); "fk_check_source_auto" takes a single argument: the source to check. It will check all the foreign key (that is, "belongs_to") relationships for missing... "foreign" rows. The return value will be a hashref where the keys are the relationship name and the values are resultsets of the respective violated relationship. dup_check_source my $smashed = $schema->fk_check_source( 'Group', ['id'] ); "dup_check_source" takes two arguments, the first is the source moniker to be checked. The second is an arrayref of columns that "should be" unique. The return value is a resultset of the source that duplicate the passed columns. So with the example above the resultset would return all groups that are "duplicates" of other groups based on "id". dup_check_source_auto my $ruined = $schema->dup_check_source_auto('Group'); "dup_check_source_auto" takes a single argument, which is the name of the resultsource in which to check for duplicates. It will return a hashref where they keys are the names of the unique constraints to be checked. The values will be resultsets of the respective duplicate rows. null_check_source my $blarg = $schema->null_check_source('Group', ['id']); "null_check_source" tales two arguments, the first is the name of the source to check. The second is an arrayref of columns that should contain no nulls. The return value is simply a resultset of rows that contain nulls where they shouldn't be. null_check_source_auto my $wrecked = $schema->null_check_source_auto('Group'); "null_check_source_auto" takes a single argument, which is the name of the resultsource in which to check for nulls. The return value is simply a resultset of rows that contain nulls where they shouldn't be. This method automatically uses the configured columns that have "is_nullable" set to false. AUTHOR
Arthur Axel "fREW" Schmidt <frioux+cpan@gmail.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Arthur Axel "fREW" Schmidt. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-18 DBIx::Class::Helper::Schema::LintContents(3pm)