Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running q-shell commands( on IBM-i Series) from cygwin terminal (on windows) Post 302912915 by gaurav99 on Tuesday 12th of August 2014 03:11:30 PM
Old 08-12-2014
Just a clarification so we are on the same page

ImageImage
Attached figure showing the windows 2003 machine and the IBM-i machine.

I use the ibm-client to login to IBM-i and it works

then I use the cygwin terminal to run the same command I get an error
Running q-shell commands( on IBM-i Series) from cygwin terminal (on windows)-cygwin-path-ibm-ijpg

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Ibm Mq Series

hi everybody, My name is Raj i work in GE Global Software Solutions As Siebel Analyst. Can any one help in writing the code in Ansi C on HP-Unix platform to get data from IBM MQ-Series Server. IBM MQ-series client will be installed on the client machine which is on WIN NT platform. And MQ-series... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garimella
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Terminal and/or X-Windows in Mac OS X

Quick question: When I load up Terminal or X-Windows on my Mac, and the prompt comes up...what folder am I starting in? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidcross
2 Replies

3. AIX

installation of 5.2 on iBM p series system

Hi all, we have iBM p series server on that 4. 3 operating system is runing.but i need ti install 5.2 or 5.3 then i ahve to install oracle 10g release 2 .but we have only 1 GB of RAM.can i install 5.2 or 5.3 with same RAM and please send me a document which discribe about how to install... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
5 Replies

4. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] Running shell code in AppleScript without Terminal

What I want my script to do is to run a command in Terminal and close that same Terminal window when the process is complete. Of course I could ad a delay of 6 seconds to complete the process, but it may not be enough every time. To simplify my question, this is what I want to achieve.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShadowofLight
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in Cygwin terminal

I am new to shell scripting. I tried to run a simple shell script using Cygwin terminal in Win XP env. The script I have written is as follows - #!/bin/bash a=5 ] && echo "true" || echo "false" But when I execute the script, getting some confusing error. The error I am getting are - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_learner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save and execute terminal commands in shell?

I frequently use some commands, which I want to save in some file say myregularshell.shthese are the commands I use, I tried saving and executing, but couldn't get the preview of execution, and result is also not coming if I copy same commands and paste it on terminal result is coming cd go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to Login Bios Server IBM p series?

Hii guys, I have IBM server power series, how to login BIOS at server IBM Power7 750, 730, 720, 520 and 550 ? and if I will new Install AIX, How I config " First Boot DVD" ?? I use command " # mount -V cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /mnt " ( not work after reboot system). I need your help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
2 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IBM ServeRAID M5100 Series

Hi, Is it possible to check progress when replace a faulty disk without reboot server? OS is RHEL 5. Please advice. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzainal
1 Replies