Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Running q-shell commands( on IBM-i Series) from cygwin terminal (on windows) Post 302912912 by Corona688 on Tuesday 12th of August 2014 02:37:36 PM
Old 08-12-2014
Cygwin's user and shell shouldn't matter, once you log into the IBM server.

Cygwin's unusual terminal might cause issues, but I wouldn't expect it to cause that issue -- not recognizing the same script on the same local machine. Obviously the file itself hasn't changed. Maybe the interpreter, the environment, or your user credentials have.

I'm wondering what the difference is between how you log into the IBM server here, and how you would log in otherwise. I don't mean the ssh tunnel -- I mean things like username and credentials on the IBM machine. Things which would affect your profile, envirionment, etc on login.

I don't suppose it'd be as easy as running . /etc/profile first...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Ibm Mq Series

hi everybody, My name is Raj i work in GE Global Software Solutions As Siebel Analyst. Can any one help in writing the code in Ansi C on HP-Unix platform to get data from IBM MQ-Series Server. IBM MQ-series client will be installed on the client machine which is on WIN NT platform. And MQ-series... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: garimella
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running Terminal and/or X-Windows in Mac OS X

Quick question: When I load up Terminal or X-Windows on my Mac, and the prompt comes up...what folder am I starting in? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liquidcross
2 Replies

3. AIX

installation of 5.2 on iBM p series system

Hi all, we have iBM p series server on that 4. 3 operating system is runing.but i need ti install 5.2 or 5.3 then i ahve to install oracle 10g release 2 .but we have only 1 GB of RAM.can i install 5.2 or 5.3 with same RAM and please send me a document which discribe about how to install... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younusdba
5 Replies

4. AIX

IBM AIX on IBM Eseries & x series server

Hi, I want to know whether IBM AIX can be installed on the IBM e series and x series server hardware? Thanks & Regards Arun (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun.Kakarla
2 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] Running shell code in AppleScript without Terminal

What I want my script to do is to run a command in Terminal and close that same Terminal window when the process is complete. Of course I could ad a delay of 6 seconds to complete the process, but it may not be enough every time. To simplify my question, this is what I want to achieve.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShadowofLight
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running shell script in Cygwin terminal

I am new to shell scripting. I tried to run a simple shell script using Cygwin terminal in Win XP env. The script I have written is as follows - #!/bin/bash a=5 ] && echo "true" || echo "false" But when I execute the script, getting some confusing error. The error I am getting are - ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux_learner
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to save and execute terminal commands in shell?

I frequently use some commands, which I want to save in some file say myregularshell.shthese are the commands I use, I tried saving and executing, but couldn't get the preview of execution, and result is also not coming if I copy same commands and paste it on terminal result is coming cd go... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Akshay Hegde
2 Replies

8. AIX

How to Login Bios Server IBM p series?

Hii guys, I have IBM server power series, how to login BIOS at server IBM Power7 750, 730, 720, 520 and 550 ? and if I will new Install AIX, How I config " First Boot DVD" ?? I use command " # mount -V cdrfs -o ro /dev/cd0 /mnt " ( not work after reboot system). I need your help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: williamen
2 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

IBM ServeRAID M5100 Series

Hi, Is it possible to check progress when replace a faulty disk without reboot server? OS is RHEL 5. Please advice. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mzainal
1 Replies
FSTRACE_CLEAR(8)					       AFS Command Reference						  FSTRACE_CLEAR(8)

NAME
fstrace_clear - Clears the trace log SYNOPSIS
fstrace clear [-set <set name>+] [-log <log name>+] [-help] fstrace c [-s <set name>+] [-l <log name>+] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fstrace clear command erases the contents of the trace log from kernel memory, but leaves kernel memory allocated for the log. OPTIONS
-set <set name>+ Names the event set for which to clear the associated trace log. The only acceptable value is "cm" (for which the associated trace log is "cmfx"). Provide either this argument or the -log argument, or omit both to clear the "cmfx" log by default. -log <log name>+ Names the trace log to clear. The only acceptable value is "cmfx". Provide either this argument or the -set argument, or omit both to clear the "cmfx" log by default. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. EXAMPLES
The following command clears the "cmfx" trace log on the local machine: # fstrace clear PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must be logged in as the local superuser "root". SEE ALSO
fstrace(8), fstrace_lslog(8), fstrace_lsset(8) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FSTRACE_CLEAR(8)