Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Send/receive file through serial using minicom Post 302912864 by linuxmember on Tuesday 12th of August 2014 08:48:20 AM
Old 08-12-2014
yes it does. but i need to load the rs232 interface in some so that the hardware is tested for maximum load

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Tcp Ip Send Receive Server Program

Requirements: A server program should read a file and send the message to the client . if the file is not there, then switch to the receive part of the same program and receive any messages from the socket. If no messages to receive then switch to send part of the program to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
2 Replies

2. Programming

how i can transfer and receive file in any format over serial port

helo i m using fedora core 6 o.s. i want to develop application using c,c++ which transfer file in any format(like pdf,txt,doc etc) over the serial port and i want to receive the same file from the serial port please guide me. amit (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
4 Replies

3. Linux

how to test for serial commonication??(minicom)

I am testing for serial comm.......... I got suggestion of minicom.... but when i fire minicom... then i get the following error... minicom minicom: WARNING: configuration file not found, using defaults Device /dev/modem access failed: No such file or directory. I am using fedora 6 ,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Minicom runscript: How to send escape character ( \ )

Please can any of you address my query which I dont find in the runscript MAN page and other results on google. I am using minicom scripts to configure my uboot environment. I have to send a string which contains the escape character ( \ ) itself as follows send "set bootcmd bootm cp.b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkhanna
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I can send but cannot receive mail with unix?

Hi all, First post! I have just discovered that I can use unix to send mail to a mail address. I normally use entourage for my mail. This unix mail is very intriguing to me, but something is not working... I tried the search, but could not find the answer... This works: (in terminal)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bjorn
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Can send but not receive email

Hi, One of the users in our company can send but not receive email. We are using SENDMAIL in conjunction with procmail. The funny thing is that all his sent email is in his /var/spool/mail but the email client does not pick anything up! He is using IMAP. Anyone see have any ideas? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

7. Programming

Send/Receive buffer size??

Dear friends, How do I find the TCP send and receive buffer size? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to monitor send/receive bytes

Hello, I need to create a script to monitor sent/received packets for a period of time (the period of time will be a users input) and write the result to some txt file. Is there any command (don`t want to use any 3rd party sw) what I can use? I`m using Solaris 10. Thank you (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: msojka77
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Send Receive Mails

Hi All, I am writing one script to automate one long process. In this process we need to upload some input files and download some output files. So , I want to automate this upload and download by using mail functionality. I want to trigger this script when I am sending mail to server. I know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NirajThakar
0 Replies

10. Solaris

zfs send receive performance issues

I 'm trying to clone a zfs file system pool/u01 to a new file system called newpool/u01 using following commands zfs list zfs snapshot pool/u01@new zfs send pool/u01@new | zfs -F receive newpool/u01 Its a 100G file system snapshot and copied to same server on different pool and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies
UARK(4) 						   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						   UARK(4)

NAME
uark -- Arkmicro Technologies ARK3116 based USB serial adapter SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following lines in your kernel configuration file: device uark device ucom Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): uark_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The uark driver supports Arkmicro Technologies ARK3116 based serial adapters. HARDWARE
The uark driver supports the following adapters: o HL USB-RS232 o HugePine USB-UART o KQ-U8A Data Cable o Skymaster USB to RS232 SEE ALSO
tty(4), ucom(4), usb(4) HISTORY
The uark device driver first appeared in OpenBSD 4.0. The first FreeBSD release to include it was FreeBSD 7.0. AUTHORS
The uark driver was written by Jonathan Gray <jsg@openbsd.org>. CAVEATS
Setting hardware flow control is not currently supported. It is not yet known how to ask the hardware to send a break. Arkmicro Technologies do not reply to requests of documentation for their products. BSD
November 15, 2006 BSD