Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Run 2 exec commands
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Run 2 exec commands Post 302912809 by Joydeep Ghosh on Tuesday 12th of August 2014 04:35:59 AM
Old 08-12-2014
I have tried using the following
Code:
find / -name "IDMProv" -type d -exec /opt/novell/idm/jboss/bin/run.sh -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-01 -c IDMProv -b 0.0.0.0 \; 
find / -name "reporting_module" -type d -exec /opt/novell/idm/jboss/bin/run.sh -Djboss.service.binding.set=ports-02 -c reporting_module -b 0.0.0.0 \;

But it is not working either. Only the first instance is starting. Is there any way to execute without using find.

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use code tags next time for your code and data. Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exec. commands in python

How would i do if i'd want to execute a command in a python script or programme ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: J.P
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

exec unable to run via cronjob

Hi , I write a script like this\ and put it under / (root) : ref=88 df -k | grep /cbmdata/00/gdd | tr -d '%' | \ while read a b c d e other do if (( $e >= $ref )) then line=`find /cbmdata/00/gdd -name "LOGS*" |sort -nr |tail -1` # echo $line rm -f $line fi done ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: xramm
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cannot run commands

It would be helpful if someone could help me out here. The problem I have been having is that I cannot run some commands which are valid - whenever I try to run the command I get the message "command not found". Now, if I run the same command as root it executes. These commands do not have to be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTool4u2
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

anyone know if backup exec 11d agent run on solaris10 x86?

anyone ? i install and it just fail to startup. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a shell script from one host which connext to remote host and run the commands

I want to write a script which would run from one host say A and connect to other remote host B and then run rest of commands in that host. I tried connecting from A host to B with SSH but after connecting to host B it just getting me inside Host B command prompt. Rest of the script is not running... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: SN2009
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run two commands from a exec call in a c program

Hi, I have to run two commands one after another from a c program. How can i do this with exec system calls. i tried giving them as argument to execv but it is not working.please help thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: suryashikha
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to run multiple piped commands in a find -exec statement?

I can't get this to work. Running a single command works fine: find . -name "*.dat" -exec wc -l '{}' \; gives me the file name and number of lines in each .dat file in the directory. But what if I want to pipe commands, e.g. to grep something and get the number of lines with that pattern... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DJR
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find -exec with 2 commands doesn't work (error incomplete staement)

Hi Gurues, I need to modify an existing script that uses find to search a folder, and then move its contents to a folder. What I need to do is run gzip on each file after it's moved. So, I ran this little test: Put a ls.tar file on my $HOME, mkdir tmp, and then: virtuo@tnpmprd01: find .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: llagos
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using find -exec with multiple commands :(-

Hi all, Am wanting to do a ls -l of the files and do a cat of it at the same time, ideally, I am hoping that the following work but obvisouly it is not working to what I am wanting it to ... hu hu hu :wall: find . -name "BACKUP_TIMESTAMP.log" -exec "ls -l basename {} ; cat {}" \; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Two exec commands in one shell script?

Hi Folks - Is there a way to add two execs to one script? For instance, I need to redirect the stdout and stderr to two separate directories. I want to do this: #::-- Direct STDOUT and STDERROR to repositories --::# exec 2>"${_ERRORFILE}" > "${_LOGFILE}" exec 2>"/new/path/file.err" >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
7 Replies
sb2-show(1)							 sb2-show man page						       sb2-show(1)

NAME
sb2-show - sb2 diagnostics tool SYNOPSIS
sb2-show [-b binary_name ] [-m mode ] [-f function ] [-D ] [-v ] command [parameters] DESCRIPTION
sb2-show is a tool for querying and testing what scratchbox2 does "behind the scenes". The two most common uses are testing path mapping (commands path and which ) and finding out how programs are executed (the exec command). Additionally, there are some commands that are intended to be used internally by scratchbox2 itself, and not so useful for a normal user. sb2-show must be executed inside a scratchbox2 session (see sb2(1) for details about creating sessions) COMMANDS
Common commands: path [path1] [path2] [pathN] Show mapping results for listed pathnames which [path1] [path2].. Show mappings of pathnames, a less verbose variant of the path command (useful when using sb2-show from scripts) exec program_path [arg1] [arg2].. Show how a program would be executed, together with environment modifications. realcwd Show real current working directory (Inside a session /bin/pwd will usually report virtual paths, and this is the only way to deter- mine the real wroking directory). Commands for non-interactive use and debugging of scratchbox2: exec-cmdline file [argv1] [argv2].. show execve() modifications on a single line (does not show full details, useful when using sb2-show from scripts) log-error 'message' Add an error message to the logfile log-warning 'message' Add a warning message to the logfile verify-pathlist-mappings required-fix [ignorelist] Reads list of paths from stdin and checks that all paths will be mapped to a required prefix. This is used by sb2-check-pkg-map- pings, (an internal utility). execluafile filename Load and execute Lua code from file. binarytype realpath detect & show type of program at realpath (which is an already mapped path) var variablename show value of an internal string variable libraryinterface show preload library interface version (the Lua <-> C code interface) qemu-debug-exec file argv0 [argv1] [argv2].. show command line that can be used to start target binary under qemu gdbserver OPTIONS
-v verbose. -b binary_name show using binary_name as name of the calling program -f function show using function as callers name (full name of library or system call) -D Ignore directories while verifying path lists (effective only for the verify-pathlist-mappings command) -t report elapsed time (real time elapsed while executing the command) -x file Load and execute Lua code from file before executing the command. Useful for debugging and tuning lua scripts of sb2. -X file Load and execute Lua code from file after executing the command. Useful for debugging and tuning lua scripts of sb2. -g port use port as qemu gdbserver listening port (default port is 1234). See command qemu-debug-exec EXAMPLES
Show where the /etc directory gets mapped: $ sb2 sb2-show path /etc /etc => /opt/maemo/tools/etc (readonly) (exact results depend on how sb2-init was executed; what mapping mode is the default, etc.) Typically, home directories are not mapped: $ sb2 sb2-show path /home/yourname /home/yourname => /home/yourname In development modes, host-compatible versions of tools are executed: $ sb2 sb2-show exec /bin/ls File /bin/ls Mapped /opt/maemo/tools/bin/ls (readonly) argv[0] /bin/ls ... But in the emulation mode, only target's executables are used. Try also: $ sb2 -e sb2-show exec /bin/ls SEE ALSO
sb2(1), sb2-config(1), sb2-logz(1), sb2-init(1) AUTHOR
Lauri Aarnio 2.2 17 December 2010 sb2-show(1)