Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Execute Shell script via Plink Post 302912732 by Corona688 on Monday 11th of August 2014 02:58:49 PM
Old 08-11-2014
Why not login as devuser in the first place, instead of ssh-ing into the wrong user? Then you'd be logged in as the right user with the right password and not have to deal with any cramming-a-bruteforced-password-into-su nonsense -- which is even more difficult than it sounds, because a UNIX password prompt is designed to prevent passwords being typed into it automatically. 'interactive password authentication' means 'password typed by a human being in realtime' authentication and no program pretending to be a human is acceptable...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to execute shell Script?

I am new to UNIX , Can any one let me know how to execute shell script (i.e which command I have to use for the same). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks siva mymvs999@yahoo.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Execute Shell Script

Hi all, I am begginer of UNIX . I dont know if i have a script written in korn shell with .ksh extention . If i want to execute that how can i do that? Can anybody suggest the best book to learn korn shell scripting. Thanks sam71 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam71
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

plink and shell script

This is my shell script... test.sh DIRECTORY=/XYZ/PQR if ; then echo "In test.." else echo "lno.." fi when i run this script through a putty its output is: ./test.sh: line 2: [: too many arguments lno.. But when i run the same script using plink its running fine and its... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: praveen.1
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

not able to execute shell script

HI, bash-2.05# more mysqlstoporaclestart.sh #!/bin/sh mysqladmin -u root -pengineer shutdown su - oracle -c "bash /export/home/oracle/oracle.sh" bash-2.05# more /export/home/oracle/oracle.sh /oracle/bin/sqlplus "/as sysdba"<< EOF startup nomount... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute unix shell script to text file using the script

Hi all, I am beginner in UNIX...I want to use unix shell script to create text.file...I know how to use using by command...can anybody tell me for the script? Thanks i changed the threads title from "tex file" to "text file", because "tex" would probably be misunderstood as reference to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mastercar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can't execute a shell script

Hi all, As i want to know how the shell command "nohup" worked.I logged in as the user named vincent through Gnome.Then i press ctrl+atl+F1 changed into a console and logged in as another user named kinsley.The user "kinsley" is added by me with "useradd",and now there's no HOME directory for... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dos batch script to execute unix shell script

Can anyone help me with a dos batch script to execute a shell script residing in an unix server. I am not able to use ssh. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shri123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute shell script without using sh

Hi Experts, I want to execute shell script(on HP-UX) wihout specifying interpreter. For e.g generally we use following command to execute shell sh test.sh but I want to execute it as test.sh currently if I execute directly it as test.sh it is giving error Commnd Not... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai_2507
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch script to execute shell script in UNIX server

Hi team, My requirement is to transfer pdf files from windows machine to unix server and then from that unix server we should sftp to another server. I have completed the first part i.e From windows to using to unix server with the help of psftp.exe code: psftp user@host -pw password <... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhupeshchavan
1 Replies
pam_pwcheck(8)                                                   Reference Manual                                                   pam_pwcheck(8)

NAME
pam_pwcheck - PAM module for password strength checking DESCRIPTION
The pam_pwcheck is a PAM module for password strength checking. It makes additional checks upon password changes, but does not perform the change itself. It only provides functionality for one PAM management group: password changing. This module works in the following manner: if enabled, it first calls the Cracklib routine to check the strength of the password; if crack likes the password, the module does an additional set of strength checks. These checks are: Palindrome Is the new password a palindrome of the old one? Case Change Only Is the new password the old one with only a change of case? Similar Is the new password too similar to old one? Simple Is the new password too short? Rotated Is the new password a rotated version of the old password? Already used Was the password used in the past? Previously used passwords are to be found in /etc/security/opasswd. OPTIONS
The following options may be passed to the module: cracklib=<path to dictionaries> Use cracklib library for password checks. This parameter also contains the path to the cracklib dictionaries. The default is /usr/lib/cracklib_dict. debug A lot of debug information is printed with syslog(3). maxlen=number Number of significant characters in the password for crypt(3). A value of zero suppresses this check. The default is 0. minlen=number The minimum number of characters in an acceptable password. A new password with fewer characters will be rejected. A value of zero suppresses this check. The default is 5. no_obscure_checks No additional checks will be performed before a new password is accepted. Since the checks performed are fairly simple, their usage is recommended. not_set_pass If this option is given, pam_pwcheck will not make the new password available for other modules. nullok Normally the account is disabled if no password is set or if the length of the password is zero. With this option you can allow the user to change his password for such accounts. This option does not overwrite a hardcoded default by the calling process. tries=number Maximum number of attempts to change a password if the new ones are rejected because they are too easy. use_authtok Set the new password to the one provided by the previously stacked password module. If this option is not set, pam_pwcheck will ask the user for the new password. use_first_pass By default pam_pwcheck tries to get the authentication token from a previous module. If no token is available, the user is asked for the old password. With this option, pam_pwcheck aborts with an error if no authentication token from a previous module is available. remember=XX Remember the last XX passwords and do not allow the user to reuse any of these for the next XX password changes. XX is a number between 1 and 400. enforce_for_root If this option is set, most of the password check rules are enforced for root, too. Never use this option if you don't know what you are doing, since it could be as result that root is no longer allowed to login at all. FILES
/etc/security/opasswd SEE ALSO
passwd(1), pam.conf(8), pam.d(8), pam(8), rpasswd(1), rpasswdd(8), rpc.yppasswdd(8), yppasswd(1) pam_pwcheck September 2008 pam_pwcheck(8)