Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cached account info
Operating Systems Linux SuSE Cached account info Post 302912716 by blackrageous on Monday 11th of August 2014 01:48:17 PM
Old 08-11-2014
What makes you think the accounts are cached (this really isn't a valid concept)? Make sure of the type of authentication...it could be directory based (like ldap).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to remove cached squid??

hi, how do i remove the cache from squid automatically every day?/ ie., from /var/spool/squid/ all the directories which has been cached here and restart ONLY squid without rebooting the system, including the swap.state files thanx in advance cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: balu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there any way to know info about who else in the account

except the 'who' command ? i mean to know if someone doing actions in my account ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Account to not lock account if password expires

I have access to 15+ UNIX boxes at work, and I do not consistently log onto all of them over time. When I do try to access one I havent been on in awhile, my account is locked as the password has expired. I need to request to the UNIX SA's that the password expiration is 90 days and that if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stringzz
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Release the memory which is cached.

Hi, Can any one suggest me the way how can get mamory which has been cached during a process execution without rebooting the machine? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

5. Linux

Apply disk quota to account(dedicate 3 GB to account).

Hi , I am faceing lot of problem due to "disk space is not enough". senerio is like as, In system has 5 account. a,b,c,d,e say account c if very critical. Due to other user's data, user 'c' is faceing disk space issue. I want to dedicate 3 GB for user 'c'. No user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashokd009
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is process data cached somewhere?

hi When I search a file with find, the subsequent search process takes relatively less time. Is it cached somewhere in RAM altough the process died? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GID mappings cached?

We had a mapping to one UNIX box just fine, the server was changed to another UNIX box and now when mapping drives from Windows box to new UNIX box, we get the old GID associated with our Windows user. When checking on new UNIX box, we see GID of 108, which is what we want, but when we map the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bd4021
0 Replies

8. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

Simultaneously try to execute commands after connecting to remote account to one account

I have made password less connection to my remote account. and i tried to execute commands at a time. but i am unable to execute the commands. ssh $ACCOUNT_DETAILS@$HOST_DETAILS cd ~/JEE/*/logs/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kishored005
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

What happens to your skype account if you close outlook.com email account?

Hello, Does anyone know what happens to your skype account if you close the outlook.com email account which are linked together? As you know they are both owned by Microsoft. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: milhan
0 Replies
IDMAP_LDAP(8)						    System Administration tools 					     IDMAP_LDAP(8)

NAME
idmap_ldap - Samba's idmap_ldap Backend for Winbind DESCRIPTION
The idmap_ldap plugin provides a means for Winbind to store and retrieve SID/uid/gid mapping tables in an LDAP directory service. In contrast to read only backends like idmap_rid, it is an allocating backend: This means that it needs to allocate new user and group IDs in order to create new mappings. IDMAP OPTIONS
ldap_base_dn = DN Defines the directory base suffix to use for SID/uid/gid mapping entries. If not defined, idmap_ldap will default to using the "ldap idmap suffix" option from smb.conf. ldap_user_dn = DN Defines the user DN to be used for authentication. The secret for authenticating this user should be stored with net idmap secret (see net(8)). If absent, the ldap credentials from the ldap passdb configuration are used, and if these are also absent, an anonymous bind will be performed as last fallback. ldap_url = ldap://server/ Specifies the LDAP server to use for SID/uid/gid map entries. If not defined, idmap_ldap will assume that ldap://localhost/ should be used. range = low - high Defines the available matching uid and gid range for which the backend is authoritative. EXAMPLES
The following example shows how an ldap directory is used as the default idmap backend. It also configures the idmap range and base directory suffix. The secret for the ldap_user_dn has to be set with "net idmap secret '*' password". [global] idmap config * : backend = ldap idmap config * : range = 1000000-1999999 idmap config * : ldap_url = ldap://localhost/ idmap config * : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=example,dc=com idmap config * : ldap_user_dn = cn=idmap_admin,dc=example,dc=com This example shows how ldap can be used as a readonly backend while tdb is the default backend used to store the mappings. It adds an explicit configuration for some domain DOM1, that uses the ldap idmap backend. Note that a range disjoint from the default range is used. [global] # "backend = tdb" is redundant here since it is the default idmap config * : backend = tdb idmap config * : range = 1000000-1999999 idmap config DOM1 : backend = ldap idmap config DOM1 : range = 2000000-2999999 idmap config DOM1 : read only = yes idmap config DOM1 : ldap_url = ldap://server/ idmap config DOM1 : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=dom1,dc=example,dc=com idmap config DOM1 : ldap_user_dn = cn=idmap_admin,dc=dom1,dc=example,dc=com NOTE
In order to use authentication against ldap servers you may need to provide a DN and a password. To avoid exposing the password in plain text in the configuration file we store it into a security store. The "net idmap " command is used to store a secret for the DN specified in a specific idmap domain. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. Samba 4.0 06/17/2014 IDMAP_LDAP(8)