Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE OpenSUSE 13.1: Starters Guide Post 302912707 by Corona688 on Monday 11th of August 2014 01:04:26 PM
Old 08-11-2014
Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment We are not a promotional vehicle for your external content. Do not make substanceless posts containing nothing but outlinks to your own material.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Opensuse installation

I have never installed unix, after going through forum i realised opensuse is one of the goodoptions. I have downloaded iso image and burned DVD and took installation print out. I have created a partition (g)of 10gb, but my question is how do i make unix to get installed on my partitioned... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: striker1
0 Replies

2. SuSE

Opensuse mt command

do not have lock and unlock function, is any way to lock the tape drive under opensuse 10? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijiajin
4 Replies

3. SuSE

openSUSE support

does Novell support openSUSE as it does for it's server packages, or is openSUSE's support the same as every other distribution of linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bcbotha
1 Replies

4. SuSE

novell client for opensuse 10.2 and 11.1

hi i am a network techy and have been given the task of trying to get an opensuse 10.2 laptop and 11.1 laptop the work on our network. we have an open enterprise server for netware 6.5. i would like some help to finding out if there are clients for the 2 releases and how to set them up. ALL info... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brendanb
1 Replies

5. SuSE

openSuse 11.1 RAID 0 Question

Hello, I have a file server running openSuse 11.1, that has two HDDs running in RAID 0 (mirroring) using the md software RAID linux driver. I was considering removing this RAID, using one of the drives as the OS and the other as a data drive. Is there any way to stop using this as a RAID set to do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vwgtiturbo
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unis for starters

Hi to all, I've been a member of this forum before but this is the first time that I will be posting. I just want to ask since I'm very interested in learning Unix, may I know any resources as in reliable resources for dummies like me :D thanks in advance!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeco
3 Replies
strace(1M)																strace(1M)

NAME
strace - write STREAMS event trace messages to standard output SYNOPSIS
mod sub pri DESCRIPTION
gets STREAMS event trace messages from STREAMS drivers and modules via the STREAMS log driver and writes these messages to standard output. By default, without arguments writes all STREAMS trace messages from all drivers and modules. with command-line arguments limits the trace messages received. The arguments, which must be specified in groups of three, are: mod Specifies the STREAMS module identification number from the streamtab entry. sub Specifies a subidentification number (often corresponding to a minor device). pri Specifies a tracing priority level. gets messages of a level equal to or less than the value specified by pri. Only posi- tive integer values are allowed. The value can be used for any argument in the command line to indicate that there are no restrictions for that argument. Multiple sets of the three arguments can be specified to obtain the messages from more than one driver or module. Only one process can open the STREAMS log driver at a time. When is invoked, the log driver compares the sets of command line arguments with actual trace messages, returning only messages that sat- isfy the specified criteria. STREAMS event trace messages have the following format: seq time tick pri ind mod sub text Components are interpreted as follows: seq Trace event sequence number. time Time the message was sent expressed in hh:mm:ss. tick Time the message was sent expressed in machine ticks since the last boot. pri Tracing priority level as defined by the STREAMS driver or module that originates the messages. ind Can be any combination of the following three message indicators: The message has also been saved in the error log. The message signaled a fatal error. The message has also been mailed to the system administrator. mod Module identification number of the trace message source. sub Subidentification number of the trace message source. text Trace message text. runs until terminated by the user. EXAMPLES
Display all trace messages received from the driver or module identified by mod Display trace messages of any tracing priority level from the driver or module identified by mod and its minor devices identified by the sub or Display the trace messages from the same driver or module and subs but limit the priority levels to 0 for subs 2 and 3; 1 for sub 4, driver or module WARNINGS
Running with several sets of arguments can impair STREAMS performance, particularly for those modules and drivers that are sending the mes- sages. Also be aware that may not be able to handle a large number of messages. If drivers and modules return messages to too quickly, some may be lost. FILES
NLS catalog for SEE ALSO
strclean(1M), strerr(1M), strlog(7). strace(1M)