Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Hd6 is in stale condition
Operating Systems AIX Hd6 is in stale condition Post 302912615 by Mohamed Thamim on Sunday 10th of August 2014 11:02:03 PM
Old 08-11-2014
Hd6 is in stale condition

Hi friends,

the paging lv hd6 is in stale condition

Code:
hd6                 paging     48    96    2    open/stale    N/A

And i'am getting the following alerts in the server
Code:
333BD283   0811044814 U S LVDD           Bad block detected with no relocation al
333BD283   0811041114 U S LVDD           Bad block detected with no relocation al
333BD283   0811040614 U S LVDD           Bad block detected with no relocation al
03913B94   0810230414 U H LVDD           HARDWARE DISK BLOCK RELOCATION ACHIEVED
E86653C3   0810230414 P H LVDD           I/O ERROR DETECTED BY LVM
49A83216   0810230414 T H hdisk1         DISK OPERATION ERROR
03913B94   0810200614 U H LVDD           HARDWARE DISK BLOCK RELOCATION ACHIEVED
E86653C3   0810200614 P H LVDD           I/O ERROR DETECTED BY LVM
49A83216   0810200614 T H hdisk1         DISK OPERATION ERROR

Also when i'am doing syncvg -v rootvg i'am getting the below error,

Code:
0516-1296 lresynclv: Unable to completely resynchronize volume.
        The logical volume has bad-block relocation policy turned off.
        This may have caused the command to fail.
0516-934 /usr/sbin/syncvg: Unable to synchronize logical volume hd6.

kindly suggest what i have to do to bring the hd6 to syncronized state.

Code:
sysdumpdev -l
primary              /dev/sysdmp_a
secondary            /dev/sysdmp_b
copy directory       /var/adm/ras
forced copy flag     TRUE
always allow dump    FALSE
dump compression     ON

The rootvg is in mirrored state.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 08-11-2014 at 01:27 AM.. Reason: Add CODE and ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Stale NFS file handle

Hi, I get an error saying "Stale NFS file handle" how can I solve this? Is it possible to do this with a umount/ mount command? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Stale Mounts

Is there an easy way to find all stale mounts on a system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: derf912
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

removing stale partitions

hi, i was trying to mirror root volume group and the command i was using didnt respond for a long time mirrorvg -m rootvg hdisk1 I was checking rootvg and it gives below. how do i fix stale partitions?? it seems to be on hdisk1 LV NAME TYPE LPs PPs PVs LV STATE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikosu
2 Replies

4. HP-UX

lov4 stale found in lvdisplay

hi All I have one RP 3410 server with hp-ux 11.23 mirror disk it's lvdislay -v /dev/vg00/lvol4 shows stale in some location Actual is current pls help me to resolve the probem I have check with lvsync command and vgsync but not working re Rajesh (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajeshtt32
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Stale NFS file handle

There are a filesystem /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB Under this filesystem there is a directory called backup. But When I am trying to access the backup directory ,it is showing me the following error: # cd /GWD/appbase/projects/GRIDDB # cd backup -bash: cd: backup: Stale NFS file handle ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alphasahoo
3 Replies

6. AIX

how to remove the stale entry without a reboot??

my AIX server used to have scsi disk hdisk4. Now i removed that disk. But still it is still listed in lspv. So how can i remove the stale entry of it ? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: navadeep
6 Replies

7. HP-UX

Stale users and no process

HP-UX B.11.23 U ia64 I've got two users that show in "w" with long idle times but if I search for their processes I find nothing (ps -ef | grep username ) I'm not sure why "w" still sees them and if there is anything (short of a reboot) that I can do to clean them out. Ideas? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
8 Replies

8. Solaris

Stale lock installed for pkgadd

Any package that I try to install, is giving an error of 'lock': # pkgadd -d openssl-1.0.0g-sol10-sparc-local The following packages are available: 1 SMCossl openssl (sparc) 1.0.0g Select package(s) you wish to process (or 'all' to process all packages).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: poyato
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Bypass stale PE ?

Hello, I have an ancient HP-UX 11.11 system where I have a logical volume marked stale and I can't get it sync'd. I have tried lvsync and lvreduce/lvextend to no avail. It is just one 4Mb PE on the disk that I can't get current. # lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol5 | grep stale LV Status ... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: port43
17 Replies

10. AIX

AIX - stale partition

Hi everybody, I have a little problem with my AIX 6.1, PowerHA 6.1 LVM mirror. After problem with SAN pathing of our one Datacenter, I have LV at stale state. # lsvg cpsdata2vg VOLUME GROUP: cpsdata2vg VG IDENTIFIER: 00fb518c00004c0000000169445f4c2c VG STATE: ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Necronomic
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)