Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with fetching the data from remote machine from my jumpbox(local machine) Post 302912451 by whizkidash on Friday 8th of August 2014 10:41:23 AM
Old 08-08-2014
Hi Junior,

When you sudo su - abc , do you get prompted for a password?
No, I am already logged in, it does not prompt me.

Would ./home/abc/xyz.sh work?
No

Between, all the above commands are run from external box(jumpbox)

Last edited by Don Cragun; 08-08-2014 at 03:27 PM.. Reason: Add ICODE tags.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[FTP]opying of file from remote to local machine

Hi All, i wannna copy a file from the remote machine to my local machine using FTP protocol. i have made a connection to the remote machine , then i used the "get" cmd to copy the remote file as below :-> ftp> get (remote-file) /home/aruba/opmtools/was50/Was5Install.doc (local-file)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonbag_pspl
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

To find the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine and SCP to local machine?

Hi All, URGENT - Please help me form a scipt for this: I need the LATEST file from a dir on REMOTE machine to be SCP'd to a dir on local machine. (and I need to execute this from local server) I know that the below cmd is used to find the LATEST file from a dir. But this command is not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: me_ub
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check web server running on local and on remote machine

Hi , How to check whether web server is running from remote machine How to check whether web server is running on web server itself Can any one help me soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Define local variable on remote machine ?

Hello, I'm executing many commands using ssh and I want to define local vars on remote machine to ease my work: ssh remote1 <<-heredoc1 cmd1 cmd2 ... heredoc1 This one obviously defines variable on local machine: ssh remote1 "x=10" This one returns: ssh remote1 "'x=10'" bash: x=10:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vilius
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using local variable on a remote machine

Hi, I'm writing a korn shell script where the user enters a variable and I have to create a directory remotely which contains the name of that variable. Example. print 'Please enter variable:' read variable ssh user@host 'mkdir before_$variable;' Thank you. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jangozo
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer files from unix machine to local machine using shell script?

Hi All.. Am new to Unix!! Am creating a shell script in which a scenario is like i have transfer the output file from unix machine (Server) to local directory (Windows xp). And also i have to transfer the input file from the local directory to Unix machine (Server) Any help from you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vidhyaS
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Retrieve data from Remote machine

Hello Please I ask if it is possible to recover data that is stored on a remote machine that I access via ssh on a usb ? if so, how? Thank you so much (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur857
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP While transfering files to local machine to remote machine

Hi Am using unix Ksh Am getting the problem while transferring zero size files through the script . When i transfer zero size files from local machine to remote machine manually i can able to do it . My question its beause of zero size files am not able to transfer through script ? or its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

iptables applied in local machine, can't ssh remote machine after chain changed to DROP

I want to SSH to 192.168.1.15 Server from my machine, my ip was 192.168.1.99 Source Destination was UP, with IP 192.168.1.15. This is LAN Network there are 30 Machine's Connected to the network and working fine, I'm Playing around the local machine's because I need to apply the same rules in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I execute local script on remote machine and include arguments?

I have a script in local server cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir ./processchk po (here processchk is a script & po is passed as an argument) Now I want to execute this script from remote server ssh $username@$hostname "cd /home/dell/work/BOP/testdir; ./processchk po" But Its getting error... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manohar2013
9 Replies
dsh(1)							      Dancer Tools reference							    dsh(1)

NAME
dsh - Distributed shell, or dancer's shell SYNOPSIS
dsh [-m machinename | -a | -g groupname] [-r remoteshellname] [-c | -w | -i | -F forklimit ] -- commandline DESCRIPTION
dsh executes command remotely on several different machines at the same time. An utility to effectively do a for a in $(seq 1 10); do rsh $a command; done in bourne shell. OPTIONS
The options available are as follows. --verbose | -v Give verbose output of the execution process. --quiet | -q Makes output quieter. --machine | -m [machinename[,machinename]*] Adds machinename to the list of machines that the command is exeuted. The syntax of machinename allows username@machinename where remote shell is invoked with the option to make it of username. From version 0.21.4, it is possible to specify in the format of username@machinename,username@machinename,username@machinename so that multiple hosts can be specified with comma-delimited values. --all | -a Add all machines found in /etc/dsh/machines.list to the list of machines that the specified command is executed. --group groupname | -g groupname Add all machines found in /etc/dsh/group/groupname to the list of machines that the specified command is executed. If groupname is on the form @netgroup then the machines in the given netgroup is used to specify the list of machines to execute on. --file machinefile | -f machinefile Add all machines found in the specified file to the list of machines that the specified command is executed. The file should list one machine specification per line (with the same syntax as the machinename argument). Lines starting with "#" are ignored. From version 0.21.4, Specifying the same machine several times using any of the machine specification options will result in multi- ple invocations merged into one. --remoteshell shellname | -r shellname Execute remote shell shellname as the remote shell. Usually any of "rsh", "remsh" or "ssh" are available --remoteshellopt rshoption | -o rshoption Add one option rshoption to the list of options passed on to the remote shell. --help | -h Output help message and exits. --wait-shell | -w Executes on each machine and waits for the execution finishing before moving on to the next machine. --concurrent-shell | -c Executes shell concurrently. --show-machine-names | -M Prepends machine names on the standard output. Useful to be used in conjunction with the --concurrent-shell option so that the out- put is slightly more parsable. --hide-machine-names | -H Do not prepend machine names on the standard output. --duplicate-input | -i Duplicates the input to dsh process to individual process that are remotely invoked. Needs to have --concurrent-shell set. Due to limitations in current implementation, it is only useful for running shell. Terminate the shell session with ctrl-D. --bufsize | -b [buffer-size in bytes] Sets the buffer size used in replicating input for --duplicate-input option. --version | -V Outputs version information and exits. --num-topology | -N Changes the current topology from 1. 1 is the default behavior of spawning the shell from one node to every node. Changing the num- ber to a value greater than 2 would result in dsh being spawned on other machines as well. --forklimit | -F fork limit Similar to -c with a limit on the number of simultaneous connections. dsh will wait before creating new connection if the limit is reached. Useful when the number of nodes to be accessed is going somewhere above 200, and using -N option is not possible. EXIT STATUS
The first non-zero exit code of child processes is returned, or zero if none returned non-zero exit code. 1 if error is found in command-line specifications. 2 if signal is received from child processes. EXAMPLES
dsh -a w Shows list of users logged in on all workstations. dsh -r ssh -a -- w Shows list of users logged in on all workstations, and use ssh command to connect. (It should be of note that when using ssh, ssh- agent is handy.) dsh -r ssh -m node1 -m node2 -c -- 'echo $HOSTNAME $(cat/proc/loadavg )' Shows the load average of machines node1 and node2. FILES
/etc/dsh/machines.list | $(HOME)/.dsh/machines.list List of machine names to be used for when -a command-line option is specified. /etc/dsh/group/groupname | $(HOME)/.dsh/group/groupname List of machine names to be used for when -g groupname command-line option is specified. /etc/dsh/dsh.conf | $(HOME)/.dsh/dsh.conf Configuration file containing the day-to-day default. BUGS
There should be a dcp for copying files to remote systems. Configuration files should really be able to do something more than it does now. AUTHOR
Junichi Uekawa (dancer@debian.org) Upstream page is available at http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer/software/dsh.html SEE ALSO
rsh(1), ssh(1), remsh(1), dsh.conf(5) Debian-Beowulf/Dancer 2007 Aug 15 dsh(1)