Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk to store in a list the values of certain fileds Post 302912419 by pilnet101 on Friday 8th of August 2014 05:45:53 AM
Old 08-08-2014
Please try the updated code.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how do I store the values in array using shell

Hi, Is is possible to get the value using shell script? x=1 y1 = 10 y2 = 15 y3 = 7 echo $y$x is giving y1 (variable name) but I need the value of y1 (i.e. 10 dynamically) Is there any solution? if so, please mail me at kkodava@maxis.com.my ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store values in an Array

Hi all. Well, I have the next code: I need to make an array with the values I have in the bucle, but just don't get it... Question is, how can I store in an array that values, and how can I display them with echo? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: crcbad
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store the output values in array

Hi, How to store the values in array from output result, EG: I have the result like this, ps, google, 1.txt, 1 sam, google, 2.txt, 2 These are the four values followed by comma in two sets. I need to store these values set by set. One set contains four values followed by comma. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KarthikPS
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read values and store in array?

I am reading a value from a file and want to store the value in a dynamic array as i don't know the number of occurrences of the value in that file. How can i do that and then later fetch that value from array (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
25 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Re: using AWK to compare fileds

I have following text: NAME=ora.LISTENER.lsnr TYPE=ora.listener.type TARGET=ONLINE , ONLINE , ONLINE , ONLINE STATE=ONLINE on host1, ONLINE on host2, ONLINE on host3, ONLINE on host4 NAME=ora.LISTENER_1525.lsnr TYPE=ora.listener.type TARGET=ONLINE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcc50886
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Specific values from a list, awk

Hello together! I have a list like this 1 3 2 5 3 7 4 2 Now I want to take the average of the second column and multiply it by the difference of the first and last value of the first column. I posted an similar thread, but now I wonder how I can tell awk in an easy way to take specific... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjoern456
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add two more fileds to awk command

This is what I was trying but failed to do so need help. cat 1.sql | awk '{printf("%s",NR%4 ? $0",":$0"\n")}' Output :- I want to add 2 more values for each line (hostname,user name) so the output should have hostname & username (testsrv01,test1) Output should be like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies
ODBC_SPECIALCOLUMNS(3)							 1						    ODBC_SPECIALCOLUMNS(3)

odbc_specialcolumns - Retrieves special columns

SYNOPSIS
resource odbc_specialcolumns (resource $connection_id, int $type, string $qualifier, string $owner, string $table, int $scope, int $nullable) DESCRIPTION
Retrieves either the optimal set of columns that uniquely identifies a row in the table, or columns that are automatically updated when any value in the row is updated by a transaction. PARAMETERS
o $connection_id -The ODBC connection identifier, see odbc_connect(3) for details. o $type - When the type argument is SQL_BEST_ROWID, odbc_specialcolumns(3) returns the column or columns that uniquely identify each row in the table. When the type argument is SQL_ROWVER, odbc_specialcolumns(3) returns the column or columns in the specified table, if any, that are automatically updated by the data source when any value in the row is updated by any transaction. o $qualifier - The qualifier. o $owner - The owner. o $table - The table. o $scope - The scope, which orders the result set. o $nullable - The nullable option. RETURN VALUES
Returns an ODBC result identifier or FALSE on failure. The result set has the following columns: oSCOPE oCOLUMN_NAME oDATA_TYPE oTYPE_NAME oPRECISION oLENGTH oSCALE oPSEUDO_COLUMN PHP Documentation Group ODBC_SPECIALCOLUMNS(3)