Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Array Issue In Bash
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Array Issue In Bash Post 302912287 by bakunin on Thursday 7th of August 2014 04:41:58 AM
Old 08-07-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by siramitsharma
Error:
Code:
CDRFILE[7][7]=SS_RAJ_MMSC_CDR_20140807125243.txt: command not found
./vastest.sh: line 1199: CDRFILE[7][8]=SS_KTK_MMSC_CDR_20140807125243.txt: command not found

From the man page of bash:

Quote:
6.7 Arrays

Bash provides one-dimensional indexed and associative array variables.
What you try to do is to use a two-dimensional array, which simply doesn't exist in bash.

I hope this helps.

bakunin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic Array Issue

Could one of you, please, provide some input regarding my problem below and it is as follows: I have 2 files that I need to make sure are identical before processing: First, I sort both files Second, I do a diff file1 file2 > File 3 This provides me with the difference. Now, I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddedic
6 Replies

2. Solaris

V880 and T3 array issue

We're trying to install a third T3 array onto our V880. The other two T3's are connected to a qlogic fibre card. We can see this connection fine when we do a luxadm probe -p command. The full device paths are shown etc. ie: the first T3's logical name is c2t1d0 and the second one is c3t1d0. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjl927
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash Script: Issue with iterating Directory and store into array

Hi all, I am working on a backup based script, in which it enters to a directory and check the sub-directories and copy the names into an array. cd $CPFs k=0 for i in * do if then ARRs="$i" k=$(($k+1)) #echo "$i" ... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: canishk
19 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripting array issue

Hi guys, I'm a scripting noob in need of some help :) I am creating a script that checks the filesystems and will alert based upon if the percent full is greater than the threshold set. The problem that I am having is that when I set the 'filesystem' variable, all of the output is treated as... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: tank126
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with array in shell

So i have used arrays for a while now but I just notice in one of my arrays when using an array with 9+ items in it that after running a for loop on the array it was replacing the first array with what ever was last and I cant figure out why. Here is my code. #!/bin/bash vm=( 0 1 2 3 4 5 6... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: snptuning
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash 3.2 - Array / Regex - IF 3rd member in array ends in 5 digits then do somthing...

Trying to do some control flow parsing based on the index postion of an array member. Here is the pseudo code I am trying to write in (preferably in pure bash) where possible. I am thinking regex with do the trick, but need a little help. pesudo code if == ENDSINFIVEINTS ]]; then do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: briandanielz
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with bash array

Hi, I would like to remove audio tracks from several video clips contained in a single directory using the command files=(*.mpg); ffmpeg -i "${files}" -vcodec copy -an na/output.mpg I want each processed file outputted to the sub-directory na retaining the original file name, how do I do that?... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeppe83
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash arrays: rebin/interpolate smaller array to large array

hello, i need a bit of help on how to do this effectively in bash without a lot of extra looping or massive switch/case i have a long array of M elements and a short array of N elements, so M > N always. M is not a multiple of N. for case 1, I want to stretch N to fit M arrayHuge H = (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: f77hack
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk array next issue

Hi, Here's an example of what I my issue, a file list.txt, which looks like: a b c d e I have been trying to use the following code to simply print the list using awk and next: awk 'FNR==NR{a=$1;next}{print a}' list.txt this give no output, even though I would expect it to type out... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hexy
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Array connectin to another Array

Hello, i have a script that i need account_number to match a name. for exsample : ACCOUNT_ID=(IatHG8DC7mZbdymSoOr11w KbnlG2j-KRQ0-1_Xk356s8) and i run a loop curl requst with this the issue is that i want to know on which account were talking about so bash will know this : ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: batchenr
4 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)