Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed Post 302912225 by little_ball on Wednesday 6th of August 2014 02:39:35 PM
Old 08-06-2014
AIX 4.2 increase ethernet speed

Hello.

I have a server RS/6000 with AIX 4.2. The server have a network card with 10/100mbps speed, but for some reason, the ethernet only runs at 10Mbps, it doesn,t matter if I put the net cable on a 100Mbps switch, it keeps running at 10Mbps speed....

I know how to view/change ethernet speed on AIX 5.2 (with the "media_speed") but on AIX 4.2 what are the command line to increase the ethernet speed from 10Mbps to 100Mbps?. Or under AIX 4.2 there,s some limitation that ethernet only works with 10Mbps speed?.

Thanks in advanced.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Anybody Notice a Speed Increase?

Hi. I moved this site to a T3 facility and wanted to know if any of the long time users noticed a performance improvement? Thanks, Neo. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

determining ethernet port speed in solaris

i purchased, what was labeled as a 4-port fast ethernet sbus card from ebay. i installed it in my ultra1, and it seems to be working fine. how can i determine if the card is infact a fast ethernet card vs. the standard ethernet 4-port card? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
7 Replies

3. AIX

AIX - Determining link speed

I am trying to find a command to return the "link" speed of the networks installed on AIX. ifconfig - gives me where the link is up and the duplex setting. I need to determine for example if the ethernet connection is 10, 100, 1000 Mbs or what the current speed is based on the network media... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlgo
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can i see ethernet card speed in solars

hai this is nagesh when i was doing practical , i find some dought. iam using solaris 9. how can i see the ethernet card speed , wheather it is halfduplex or full duplex.any body please help me (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag.mi2000
4 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

how to increase the speed of sftp

hi , i have to tranfer some 12 - 13 gb of files from one server to anothier presently i m using the SFTP but it is taking to much time to trafer the files is there any way to use increase the efficiency of SFTP. i cant use the FTP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
4 Replies

6. Red Hat

Duplicating ethernet speed

Hi guys, Suppose you have a server with two ethernet cards (1GB each) and each cards are connecting to two different switches cisco 3750. My question is: How can I setup my server's network interfaces to increase the throughput up to 2GB? is it possible? If not, do you know another way to up... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Determine the ethernet (NIC) card speed.

Hi, Does anyone know how can I determine the maximum capable speed on a network interface card for different OS like HP, Sun, AIX and Linux. I am aware of the tool "ethtool" which can be used for Linux. Are there any handly commands or /proc files where I can get this info depending on the OS.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: devtakh
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

Increase speed in linux server

Hi, Will removing space from the server increases the speed/performance. how are they related? please explain the relationship. thanks in advance regards, Pradeep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradebban
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to increase executions speed of loops.?

(2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Venkatesh1
2 Replies

10. Solaris

How to increase the e1000g0 interface speed in Solaris?

Hi All, Please let me know the step by step process to set the e1000g0 interface speed to 1000mbps with full duplex from 100fdx and how to disable the auto negotiation with switch?. Thanks and Regards, Ganesh. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsrungav
7 Replies
DE(4)                                                      BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual                                                      DE(4)

NAME
de -- DEC DC21x4x Ethernet device driver SYNOPSIS
To compile this driver into the kernel, place the following line in your kernel configuration file: device de Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_de_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The de driver provides support for the Ethernet adapters based on the Digital Equipment DC21x4x based self-contained Ethernet and Fast Ether- net chips. The de driver supports the following media types: autoselect Enable autoselection of the media type and options 10baseT/UTP Set 10Mbps operation on the 10baseT port 10base2/BNC Set 10Mbps operation on the BNC port 10base5/AUI Set 10Mbps operation on the AUI port 100baseTX Set 100Mbps (Fast Ethernet) operation 100baseFX Set 100Mbps operation 100baseT4 Set 100Mbps operation (4-pair cat-3 cable) The de driver supports the following media options: full-duplex Set full duplex operation Note that the media types available depend on the particular card in use. Some cards are explicitly programmed to a particular media type by a setup utility and are not changeable. Use the ifconfig(8) command and in particular the -m flag to list the supported media types for your particular card. The old ``ifconfig linkN'' method of configuration is not supported. HARDWARE
Adapters supported by the de driver include: o Adaptec ANA-6944/TX o Cogent EM100FX and EM440TX o Corega FastEther PCI-TX o D-Link DFE-500TX o DEC DE435, DEC DE450, and DEC DE500 o ELECOM LD-PCI2T, LD-PCITS o I-O DATA LA2/T-PCI o SMC Etherpower 8432, 9332 and 9334 o ZNYX ZX3xx DIAGNOSTICS
de%d: waking device from sleep/snooze mode The 21041 and 21140A chips support suspending the operation of the card. de%d: error: desired IRQ of %d does not match device's actual IRQ of %d The device probe detected that the board is configured for a differ- ent interrupt than the one specified in the kernel configuration file. de%d: not configured; limit of %d reached or exceeded There is a limit of 32 de devices allowed in a single machine. de%d: not configured; 21040 pass 2.0 required (%d.%d found) de%d: not configured; 21140 pass 1.1 required (%d.%d found) Certain revisions of the chipset are not supported by this driver. SEE ALSO
altq(4), arp(4), netintro(4), ng_ether(4), ifconfig(8) AUTHORS
The de device driver was written by Matt Thomas. This manual page was written by David E. O'Brien. BSD July 16, 2005 BSD