Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to convert Text data to xls? Post 302912145 by srkmish on Wednesday 6th of August 2014 08:09:58 AM
Old 08-06-2014
How to convert Text data to xls?

Hi Team,

I have created a script to output DB Query data to a text file. It displays output as follows for 2 different queries appended to same file.

I want help to convert this data to xls format so that the output of first query is in 1 tab and the other in second tab. Please help.

Code:
BATCHID     STARTDATE                  FINDATE                   
----------- -------------------------- --------------------------
    2000001 2014-08-06-02.37.35.786000 -                         
    2000002 2014-08-06-02.37.07.833000 -                         
    2000003 2014-08-06-02.37.02.705000 -                         
    2000004 2014-08-06-02.36.53.644000 -                         

4 record(s) selected.

1          2           3          
---------- ----------- -----------
07/30/2014           3          33
07/30/2014           3          28
07/30/2014           3          21
07/30/2014           3          24

4 record(s) selected.

Last edited by zaxxon; 08-06-2014 at 11:30 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

trying to convert binary data to text using C++

i hav tried to convert binary 2D data into text using binreader and writing into text file using streamwriter. i use ReadSingle() function to convert from binary to ascii, although it works good in 1D data but not in more dimensions. the kind of values i get are -1.265369923E+038 and like ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: geet
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a csv file to an xls format

Hi, I have a file coming in xxx.txt(csv format) i do some work on it and i need to send out as a .xls format. Is there any way there is some code i can use in my script to convert this? I'm struggling on this. Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pablo_beezo
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell convert xls to csv

Hi does anybody know how to convert xls to csv undex linux. I need only data (that is log from test, dont need any macro and so on) from xls. Any idea how to do that? Perl? shell? Could you give me any example? Thanks in advance for answer. Gracjan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gracjan
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert .xls to .csv

Hi, I have problem..How to convert .xls file to .csv.. Plz help me for this problem.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varma457
1 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Tool for Convert XLS into CSV in UNIX

Hi I wanted to convert some XLS files into CSV format in my UNIX box. Unix box is handling very important data which are related to data warehouse.It is fully optimized by installing minimum packages since server need more resources to handle reports generating. Just for convert XLS files... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: luke_devon
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert a xls file to csv?

Hi, My requirement is to convert the xls to csv file with utf-8 conversion. Is there any way please suggest me. Thanks, Raja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnraja
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to convert Excel Files to Xls?

Hi All, I have created a BI Publisher report in Oracle apps R12. It has generated the output with *.EXCEL file extension. I have a shell script to mail this output. in my shell script I have copied this file and saved as *.xls file. But the R12 generated *.EXCEL file is not a real excel... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalidoss
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting text files to xls through awk script for specific data format

Dear Friends, I am in urgent need for awk/sed/sh script for converting a specific data format (.txt) to .xls. The input is as follows: >gi|1234|ref| Query = 1 - 65, Target = 1677 - 1733 Score = 8.38, E = 0.6529, P = 0.0001513, GC = 46 fd sdfsdfsdfsdf fsdfdsfdfdfdfdfdf... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit1
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to convert xlsx to xls file

Hi I am trying one perl script to convert xlsx to xls file but could not able to get all the rows and columns in the xls file . This scriptFILE is basically to convert XLSX to CSV .. I am tweaking the script to convert XLSX to XLS file also #######################FILE... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Excel File (xls) to tab delimited text file on AIX

Hi i have a problem in my job i try to convert an excel file (xls extention) to text file (tab delimited), but no result with this comand cat xxx.xls > xxx.txt Do you have eny idea? PS: sorry for my english Thanks!! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frisso
4 Replies
ED(1)                                                              User Commands                                                             ED(1)

NAME
Ed - line-oriented text editor SYNOPSIS
ed [options] [file] DESCRIPTION
GNU Ed - The GNU line editor. OPTIONS
-h, --help display this help and exit -V, --version output version information and exit -G, --traditional run in compatibility mode -l, --loose-exit-status exit with 0 status even if a command fails -p, --prompt=STRING use STRING as an interactive prompt -r, --restricted run in restricted mode -s, --quiet, --silent suppress diagnostics -v, --verbose be verbose Start edit by reading in 'file' if given. If 'file' begins with a '!', read output of shell command. Exit status: 0 for a normal exit, 1 for environmental problems (file not found, invalid flags, I/O errors, etc), 2 to indicate a corrupt or invalid input file, 3 for an internal consistency error (eg, bug) which caused ed to panic. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to bug-ed@gnu.org Ed home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/ed/ed.html General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1994 Andrew L. Moore. Copyright (C) 2014 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for Ed is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and Ed programs are properly installed at your site, the com- mand info Ed should give you access to the complete manual. Ed 1.10 January 2014 ED(1)