Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk script to find duplicate values Post 302912132 by RudiC on Wednesday 6th of August 2014 06:21:51 AM
Old 08-06-2014
... if you tell me what you are struggling with ... my crystal ball needs some polishing, you know.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace duplicate column values in a row

I have file which as 12 columns and values like this 1,2,3,4,5 a,b,c,d,e b,c,a,e,f a,b,e,a,h if you see the first column has duplicate values, I need to identify (print it to console) the duplicate value (which is 'a') and also remove duplicate values like below. I could be in two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuthalapati
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate based on 'n' fields and mark the duplicate as 'D'

Hi, In a file, I have to mark duplicate records as 'D' and the latest record alone as 'C'. In the below file, I have to identify if duplicate records are there or not based on Man_ID, Man_DT, Ship_ID and I have to mark the record with latest Ship_DT as "C" and other as "D" (I have to create... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Find duplicate and add pattern in sed/awk

<Update> I have the solution: sed 's/\{3\}/&;&;---;4/' The thread can be marked as solved! </Update> Hi There, I'm working on a script processing some data from a website into cvs format. There is only one final problem left I can't find a solution. I've processed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lolworlds
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the X highest values in a list depending on the values of another list with bash/awk?

Hi everyone, This is an exemple of inpout.txt file (a "," delimited text file which can be open as csv file): ID, Code, Value, Store SP|01, AABBCDE, 15, 3 SP|01, AABBCDE, 14, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 13, 2 SP|01, AABBCDE, 16, 3 SP|02, AABBCED, 15, 2 SP|01, AABBCDF, 12, 3 SP|01, AABBCDD,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeremy589
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicate values in specific column and delete all the duplicate values

Dear folks I have a map file of around 54K lines and some of the values in the second column have the same value and I want to find them and delete all of the same values. I looked over duplicate commands but my case is not to keep one of the duplicate values. I want to remove all of the same... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sajmar
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sum duplicate values in text file through awk between dates

I need to sum values in text file in case duplicate row are present with same name and different value below is example of data in file i have and format i need. Data in text file 20170308 PM,U,2 PM,U,113 PM,I,123 DA,U,135 DA,I,113 DA,I,1 20170309 PM,U,2 PM,U,1 PM,I,123 PM,I,1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Adfire
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do replace operation and awk to sum multiple columns if another column has duplicate values

Hi Experts, Please bear with me, i need help I am learning AWk and stuck up in one issue. First point : I want to sum up column value for column 7, 9, 11,13 and column15 if rows in column 5 are duplicates.No action to be taken for rows where value in column 5 is unique. Second point : For... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: as7951
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find lines with duplicate values in a particular column

I have a file with 5 columns. I want to pull out all records where the value in column 4 is not unique. For example in the sample below, I would want it to print out all lines except for the last two. 40991764 2419 724 47182 Cand A 40992936 3591 724 47182 Cand B 40993016 3671 724 47182 Cand C... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaktus
5 Replies
crystal(6x)							XScreenSaver manual						       crystal(6x)

NAME
crystal - kaleidescope. SYNOPSIS
crystal [-display host:display.screen] [-visual visual] [-window] [-root] [-grid] [-no-cell] [-centre] [-nx number] [-ny number] [-count number] [-delay number] [-ncolors number] [-fps] DESCRIPTION
Moving polygons, similar to a kaleidescope (more like a kaleidescope than the hack called `kaleid,' actually.) OPTIONS
-visual visual Specify which visual to use. Legal values are the name of a visual class, or the id number (decimal or hex) of a specific visual. -window Draw on a newly-created window. This is the default. -root Draw on the root window. -grid | -no-grid Whether to draw grid. -cell | -no-cell Whether to draw the cell. -centre | -no-centre Whether to center on screen -nx number Horizontal Symmetries. -10 - 10. Default: -3. -ny number Vertical Symmetries. -10 - 10. Default: -3. -count number Count. -5000 - 5000. Default: -500. -delay number Per-frame delay, in microseconds. Default: 60000 (0.06 seconds.). -ncolors number Number of Colors. Default: 100. -fps Display the current frame rate and CPU load. ENVIRONMENT
DISPLAY to get the default host and display number. XENVIRONMENT to get the name of a resource file that overrides the global resources stored in the RESOURCE_MANAGER property. SEE ALSO
X(1), xscreensaver(1) COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 by Jouk Jansen. Permission to use, copy, modify, distribute, and sell this software and its documentation for any pur- pose is hereby granted without fee, provided that the above copyright notice appear in all copies and that both that copyright notice and this permission notice appear in supporting documentation. No representations are made about the suitability of this software for any pur- pose. It is provided "as is" without express or implied warranty. AUTHOR
Jouk Jansen. X Version 11 5.15 (28-Sep-2011) crystal(6x)