Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Move part of a sequence
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Move part of a sequence Post 302912092 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 5th of August 2014 06:53:19 PM
Old 08-05-2014
I must be missing the point:
Code:
mv file.00200.jpg file.00010.jpg

Last edited by Don Cragun; 08-06-2014 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: fix typo in filename (jpb -> jpg)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

STOP A sequence

Hi, I have a sun sparc system. I don't have a sun keyboard, hence i connected a pc keyboard. I would like to know the "STOP A" equivalent command to be used on pc keyboard. Regards, Raja (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: RajaRC
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

CVS: move part of repository (branch) to SVN server

Hi all, We have CVS server running for few years with absolutely no problems. Because of conditions not depending on me, I'm forced to move some part of our repository to another server (SVN). I need to move ONLY one branch from CVS server to SVN server. The branch must be moved with all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: +Yan
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

escape sequence for $

Hi all, I have a requirement where the variable name starts with $, like $Amd=/home/student/test/ How to work wit it? can some one help me, am in gr8 confusion:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shreekrishnagd
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing part of header with part of detailed records.

Hi there, I am lil confused with the following issue. I have a File, which has the following header: IMSHRATE_043008_101016 a sample detailed record is :9820101 A982005000CAVG030108000000000000010169000MAR 2008 9820102 MAR 2008 D030108 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Printing a part of the last line of the specific part of a file

Hi, I have 80 large files, from which I want to get a specific value to run a Bash script. Firstly, I want to get the part of a file which contains this: Name =A xxxxxx yyyyyy zzzzzz aaaaaa bbbbbb Value = 57 This is necessary because in a file there are written more lines which... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sequence generator

Thanks Guys This really helped (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robert89
5 Replies

8. Red Hat

Rm -rf * sequence

If I run rm -rf * command under one parent directory. /data > rm -rf * Is there anyway to know which files will be deleted first ? Start using code tags please, ty. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameermohite
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to move files with first part as new filenamevia bash shell scripting?

I am on linux red hat, want to use the logic within bash shell script file. I have the following type, named files in folder /staging, want to move with new filename just the firstpart upto underscore, example 20180904105056.dat, how can i get upto first part of filename and validate to chk if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cplusplus1
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to make a loop to read the input from a file part by part?

Hi All, We've a VDI infrastructure in AWS (AWS workspaces) and we're planning to automate the process of provisioning workspaces. Instead of going to GUI console, and launching workspaces by selecting individual users is little time consuming. Thus, I want to create them in bunches from AWS CLI... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun_adm
6 Replies
nseq(1openssl)							      OpenSSL							    nseq(1openssl)

NAME
nseq - create or examine a netscape certificate sequence SYNOPSIS
openssl nseq [-in filename] [-out filename] [-toseq] DESCRIPTION
The nseq command takes a file containing a Netscape certificate sequence and prints out the certificates contained in it or takes a file of certificates and converts it into a Netscape certificate sequence. COMMAND OPTIONS
-in filename This specifies the input filename to read or standard input if this option is not specified. -out filename specifies the output filename or standard output by default. -toseq normally a Netscape certificate sequence will be input and the output is the certificates contained in it. With the -toseq option the situation is reversed: a Netscape certificate sequence is created from a file of certificates. EXAMPLES
Output the certificates in a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in nseq.pem -out certs.pem Create a Netscape certificate sequence openssl nseq -in certs.pem -toseq -out nseq.pem NOTES
The PEM encoded form uses the same headers and footers as a certificate: -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- -----END CERTIFICATE----- A Netscape certificate sequence is a Netscape specific form that can be sent to browsers as an alternative to the standard PKCS#7 format when several certificates are sent to the browser: for example during certificate enrollment. It is used by Netscape certificate server for example. BUGS
This program needs a few more options: like allowing DER or PEM input and output files and allowing multiple certificate files to be used. OpenSSL-0.9.8 Oct 11 2005 nseq(1openssl)