Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Exclude certain folders
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Exclude certain folders Post 302912061 by rbatte1 on Tuesday 5th of August 2014 01:02:33 PM
Old 08-05-2014
Welcome arumugavelvelu ,

Firstly, you don't need -name '*' which says "only objects called anything" so leaving it out will ignore name matching and find objects that match the other criteria giving you the same result.

If you have a fixed set of input directories, then you could set your variables at the top to refer to them, e.g.:-
Code:
SRC_CDR_OUTBOUND="/omount/outbound/DIR1 /omount/outbound/DIR3 /omount/outbound/DIR4"
SRC_CDR_INBOUND="/omount/inbound/DIR1 /omount/inbound/DIR3 /omount/inbound/DIR4"

These will then get used by your find command as the directories to search.

If the directories may change over time and you don't want to recode them, you may need to do something a bit more elaborate like:
Code:
SRC_CDR_OUTBOUND="`ls -1d /omount/outbound/* | grep -v DIR2"
SRC_CDR_INBOUND="`ls -1d /omount/inbound/* | grep -v DIR2"

This will get you all the objects at that level, so if you want to exclude files, then you have to be more elaborate still:-
Code:
SRC_CDR_OUTBOUND="`find /omount/outbound -type d ! -name DIR2 | cut -f-4 -d\"\/\" |sort -u`"
SRC_CDR_INBOUND="`find /omount/inbound -type d ! -name DIR2 | cut -f-4 -d\"\/\" |sort -u`"

Do these achieve what you need, or have I missed the point somewhere?

Robin

Last edited by rbatte1; 08-05-2014 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Line spacing to make it easier to read

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Backing up Folders without some folders...;)

I am in a fix....... I have to write a backup script to backup say Folder A. Folder A contains n folders 1,2 ,3 .....n. my script should copy A without folder 2 & 3. Is there anyway I can do it without writing individual copy commands???? Please help.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chimpu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying Folders without some folders... ;-)

I am in a fix....... I have to write a backup script to backup say Folder A. Folder A contains n folders 1,2 ,3 .....n. my script should copy A without folder 2 & 3. Is there anyway I can do it without writing individual copy commands???? Please help.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chimpu
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to exclude folders/files in search?

I have a directory with about 20 folders and many different types of files. I need to search for files and gzip in all the directories except for 1 directory. How do you exclude a directory? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Making 99 folders 99 folders deep

I am trying to make a unix shell script that will make 99 folders 99 deep (counting the first level folders). So far i have made it make the first 99 folders and 99 more in all of the folders. The only problem is the only way i have found is copying and pasting part of the script over and over and... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: YukonAppleGeek
18 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching for folders/parent folders not files.

Hello again, A little while back I got help with creating a command to search all directories and sub directories for files from daystart of day x. I'm wondering if there is a command that I've overlooked that may be able to search for / write folder names to an output file which ideally... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

[Solved] Using Find with an exclude/exclude file

I am familiar with using tar and exclude/include files: tar zcf backup.dirs.tgz --files-from=include.mydirs --exclude-from=exclude.mydirs --no-recursion but was wondering if I could use find in the same way. I know that you can just specify the directories to exclude but my list is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: metallica1973
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep for a srting & exclude two folders

Hi, Below is the command to grep for a string under grep -r "redeem" /home/tom Need to make it case insensitive and exclude logs & tmp folders under /home/tom directory in my Search. Need this in Linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy between two different folders containing same sub-folders

I have a folder like this ls input1 dir1 dir2 dir3 file1 file2 file3 dir1, dir2 and dir3 are sub-folders inside the folder input1 ls input2 dir1 dir2 dir3 file1 file2 file3 My dir1 in input1 folder has files f1, f2, f3 and f4. My dir1 in input2 folder has file f4 and f5. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archive folders and sub folders

Hi Can i archive folder and folders in with the tar command My files are located in subfolders Eg: Folder1/Folder1_1/*.pdf Folder1/Folder1_2/*.pdf Folder1/Folder1_3/*.pdf so i would like to tar all the files in Folder1_1 and Folder1_2 only not Folder1_3 that should be done next... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cnrj
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy files/folders and show the files/folders?

Hi, So i know we use cp -r as a basic to copy folders/files. I would like this BUT i would like to show the output of the files being copied. With the amazing knowledge i have i have gone as far as this: 1) find source/* -exec cp -r {} target/ \; 2) for ObjectToBeCopied in `find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Imre
6 Replies
SENDINPATHS(8)						    InterNetNews Documentation						    SENDINPATHS(8)

NAME
sendinpaths - Send Usenet Path: statistics via e-mail SYNOPSIS
sendinpaths [-cdhn] [-k keep-days] [-r report-days] [address [address ...]] DESCRIPTION
sendinpaths checks pathlog/path for ninpaths dump files, finds dump files generated in the past report-days days, makes sure they are valid by running ninpaths on each one and making sure the exit status is zero, and passes them to ninpaths to generate a cumulative report. By default, that report is mailed to the e-mail addresses configured at the beginning of this script (by default, only one address is configured: <top1000@anthologeek.net>) in order to supply the TOP1000 project with useful statistics. See <http://top1000.anthologeek.net/> for more information. When finished, sendinpaths deletes all dump files in pathlog/path that are older than keep-days days. For more information on how to set up ninpaths, see ninpaths(8). OPTIONS
-c When this flag is used, the report is also e-mailed, besides the default submission addresses or those given as command-line arguments, to the newsmaster's address set at configure time. -d Enables debug messages. -h Gives usage information. -k keep-days After having processed dump files, sendinpaths removes those that are older than keep-days days. The default is 0, that is to say to remove all dump files. Setting keep-days to another value can be useful for debugging purpose because it permits to keep a few dump files. -n Don't e-mail the report; instead, just print it to standard output. Don't delete old dump files. -r report-days Process dump files generated during the last report-days days. The default is 32, that is to say to process all the dump files that have been generated during the last 32 days (if, of course, they have not been deleted yet by a previous run of sendinpaths according to the value set by the -k flag). address ... E-mail the report to the mentioned address or addresses, instead of the default one. Several addresses can be used, separated by whitespace. For instance, for two adresses: sendinpaths pathsurvey@top1000.org top1000@anthologeek.net HISTORY
sendinpaths was written by Olaf Titz <olaf@bigred.inka.de>. $Id: sendinpaths.pod 9384 2011-12-25 20:57:03Z iulius $ SEE ALSO
ninpaths(8). INN 2.5.3 2012-06-15 SENDINPATHS(8)