Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Has Python Lost The Plot?
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Has Python Lost The Plot? Post 302912058 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 5th of August 2014 12:41:47 PM
Old 08-05-2014
I haven't used Python yet.
Maybe it suffers from software bloat? Or creeping featurism?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Lost Data Lost Admin

First time so excuse my ignorance please. I may not be accurately describing the issue. I have inherited a small lab mostly SUN V120s. We lost power and are trying to recover. Nope no backups... The primary issue I have is 1 box is an Oracle Server. It has 2 36Gb harddrives. I am able to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: murphsr
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to plot graph using AWK or CSH?

Hi , i need to plot a x-y axis graph using AWK or CSH. Pls help. The data is as follows: 1 3 2 1 3 4 4 2 5 4 where 1st column refers to x-coordinate and 2nd column refers to y-coordinate. Note that x-coordinate may not be in sequence and the no of set of coordinates is unknown... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to start working with GNU PLOT??

Dear Experts, I wanted to plot a graph with respect to values from a file. I'm doing it with Excel 2007, but I want to create the chart in script itself. I searched in internet for GNUPLOt. But I couldn't understand anything. Here is my situation. I have a file having values separated by "|".... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naga06
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell output with plot a tree structure.

Hi All, i am in need of plotting graph ( tree structure ) depends upon my shell script output. For this requirement, what kind of open source avail in market. For example: (my script output will be like below ) Parent:A process-name:child-processes A:B,C B: D expecting... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ponmuthu
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

A Freebie Text Mode Plot, (Drawing), Function...

This is probably common knowledge to the big guns but this is for newbies... This is a demo using simple plot function using bash. In a default Terminal... It clears the window, sets the cursor to the top left hand corner, draws a triangle inside the window, writes a string inside the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Plot python script output to file

Hi all, I`m trying to generate some plots using a python package named splicegrapher. I have access to a cluster which does not allow X11 forwarding and as a result I get RuntimeError: could not open display error when I use one of the plotting scripts (attached). How do I modify the script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newbie83
1 Replies

7. Programming

R script - Print legend outside plot box

Can you please help ? My R script produced the attached graph. The legend is messy and I will want it outside the box (outside plotting area). How do I do this Part of the script for legend is shown below: par(new=TRUE) o=-log10(sort(d22$V1, decreasing=F)) e=-log10(ppoints(length(o)))... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fat
0 Replies

8. Programming

Learning python, lost with script

Hi there, im just having a hard time understanding why this code does not print anything that is suppose to print: score = raw_input ('what is your score? \n') try: if 1.0 == float(score) >= 0.9: print "A" elif 0.9 > float(score) >= 0.8: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: la2015
1 Replies
BTI-SHRINK-URLS(1)						  bti-shrink-urls						BTI-SHRINK-URLS(1)

NAME
bti-shrink-urls - convert URLs to a shorter form using a web service SYNOPSIS
bti [--escaped] [--help] [URL] DESCRIPTION
bti-shrink-urls converts URLs to a shorter form using a web service. Currently http://2tu.us/ (default) and http://bit.ly / http://j.mp are supported. OPTIONS
--escaped Don't escape special characters in the URL any more, they are already percent encoded. --help Print help text. URL Specify the URL to be converted. If no URL is given bti-shrink-urls waits for input on stdin. CONFIGURATION
bti-shrink-urls is configured by setting some values in ~/.bti: shrink_host Possible values: 2tu.us (default), bit.ly, j.mp shrink_bitly_login API login for bit.ly, j.mp, required if shrink_host is set to bit.ly or j.mp. See https://code.google.com/p/bitly-api/wiki/ApiDocumentation shrink_bitly_key API key for bit.ly, j.mp, required if shrink_host is set to bit.ly or j.mp. See https://code.google.com/p/bitly-api/wiki/ApiDocumentation AUTHOR
Written by Bart Trojanowski bart@jukie.net. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 Bart Trojanowski bart@jukie.net. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation version 2 of the License. bti-shrink-urls March 2009 BTI-SHRINK-URLS(1)