Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Set autolist permanently
Operating Systems Solaris Set autolist permanently Post 302911981 by ankit.padhiyar on Tuesday 5th of August 2014 03:47:36 AM
Old 08-05-2014
Set autolist permanently

Hi ,
How to set autolist permanently in Solaris 10

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unmounting /home Permanently

Hi! I got tired of running out of disk space on the different partitions on my Solaris 8 Ultra 5 computer so I tried to make just a big / partition and install everything on that. But somehow I managed to get a 0 byte /home partition :-) I tried to delete this (By just clicking it in X-Windows and... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alfabetman
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

numbers on permanently through .bash_profile

Hi Can anyone tell me if it is at all possible to edit ones .bash_profile, to make the setting on of line numbers (in vi/vim), permanent? I've been to a few IRC channels and people keep telling me it is more of a vi/vim thing and to use something called ".vimrc", however I heard that it is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrokan
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change IP permanently without Yast?

Folks; i have a SUSE 10 box and i need to change the IP/GW & Netmask on it but without Yast tool. Which files/services needed to be edited or restarted to make it happen? Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Katkota
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace permanently

i have a few scripts in which i need to find string"ali1@abcd.com" and replace it with "ali@abcd.com" i used 2 below commands but none of them is permanently replacing the old string in the script s.sh perl -pi -e 's/ali1@abcd.com/ali@abcd.com/g' s.sh sed 's/ali1@abcd.com/ali@abcd.com/g'... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

lynx browser set permanently option

hi all, is there somebody that know how can I set an permanently option for the lynx text browser? The reason is if I open some URL's and type my login infos then lynx show follow message: P)roceed, use G)ET or C)ancel Server asked for 301 redirection of POST content to URL: The UNIX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: research3
1 Replies

6. IP Networking

Changing the Ip adress permanently

well i'm trying to change the ip adress on an old alphaserver runing tru64 4.0F using the ifconfig hme0 IP_ADDRESS mask MASK broadcast BROADCAST and when i check it using ifconfig -a it shows the new ip and all is well but when the server is rebooted it reverts back to the old ip (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: randUSR()
3 Replies

7. Solaris

How do i permanently set bash profile??

Hi all, I don't want to enter below command on solaris every time. How do i permanently set this command on Solaris. I know that this operation is a piece of cake on redhat because there is a /etc/rc.local file on it. But Solaris ???? bash-3.00#export PS1="\e (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: getrue
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

set device mode permanently with udev rule

On a test server running CentOS 6, I try to permanently set the owner, group and mode of disk devices for use with a DB2 database. For this I created an udev rule file /etc/udev/rules.d/99-db2.rules: KERNEL=="sdb*", OWNER="db2usrl1", GROUP="db2adml1", MODE="0600" After a reboot, the owner and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hergp
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Change service name permanently

Hi, Since everything is doable in Linux so far, what is the ability of changing a spicifc service name permanently. e.g. I want to change the network service name to connection, so I can use chkconfig command as follow: chkconfig connection off --level 5 # for disabling network service in... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
7 Replies

10. AIX

Permanently set maxdata to maximum

Hi, I've a 32-bit program running on AIX. By default the memory limit of the process is 256 MB as per the 32-bit AIX OS behavior. This can be changed using the LDR_CNTRL=maxdata environment variable. Baseed on the value that we set in terms of increments of segments the process... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kprajesh
6 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)