Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Finding the right file with multiple sort criteria Post 302911935 by RudiC on Monday 4th of August 2014 04:34:13 PM
Old 08-04-2014
Assigning an array would (in bash) require to embrace the term with ( ... ). See the differences:
Code:
FILES=($(ls))
echo ${#FILES[@]}
echo ${!FILES[@]}
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

as opposed to
Code:
FILES=$(ls)
echo ${#FILES[@]}
echo ${!FILES[@]}

This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

finding multiple file types with "-o"

i was just wondering if any one had a good example of finding mutliple file types with the -o option or any other alternatives. find . \( -name "*.txt" -o -name "*.tag" \) for some reason i'm not having much luck and the man page isn't very descriptive. what i am trying to do is find all... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shakey21
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for multiple criteria in log files?

I would like a simple shell script that will allow me to display to screen all unsuccessful su attempts in my sulog file, for the present date. I have been trying several different combinations of commands, but I can't quite get the syntax correct. The mess I have right now (don't laugh) is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Relykk
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help needed to sort multiple columns in one file

Hi, I would like to know given that I have 3 columns. Let say I have first 3 columns to do operation and these operation output is printed out each line by line using AWK and associative array.Currently in the output file, I do a sort by -r for the operation output. The problem comes to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to sort alphabetically after finding values

I have a list of people in a usage log and need to print the names and phone numbers of people with over 500 logins. I'd also like to display these names alphabetically. I have their total logins set to a variable named total. So far, I have very little in my awk script to do this: FS=":"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: doubleminus
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine multiple string into 1 string group by certain criteria

Hi all, I am newbie in unix. Just have some doubts on how to join multiple lines into single line. I have 1 file with following contents. R96087641 HostName-kul480My This is no use any more %% E78343970 LocalPath-/app/usr/SG (Blank in this line) %% E73615740... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whchee
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with egrep or grep command to meet multiple criteria

Hello, I"m a newbie :). I hope I can learn from the scripting expert. I'm trying to use egrep and grep commands to get the total count by meeting both criteria. So far, I haven't been able to do it. if robot = TLD and barcode = AA, then final count should be 2 if robot = TLD and... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MinBee
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding multiple column values and match in a fixed length file

Hi, I have a fixed length file where I need to verify the values of 3 different fields, where each field will have a different value. How can I do that in a single step. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveen_sangam
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding multiple zero's in a file

Hi all, i have a text file like the below example--- 146 7600 147 23996 43024 50700581 28998 1767165 10 3784 12 1344 0 0 0 545 641 166646 723 90136 24 1046 46 2948 OR 4340 ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: gemnian.g
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Globbling with multiple criteria (UNIX Shell)

I am new to UNIX Shell. I want to list the files names in the current directory that are not start with 'AB' and have at least two characters. For example, say I have those files in the current directory: AB, AC, AD, AE, B, C. After executing the command, AC, AD, AE will be listed on the screen. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ray Sun
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to sort file with certain criteria (bash)?

I am running a command that is part of a script and this is what I am getting when it is sorted by the command: command: ls /tmp/test/*NDMP*.z /tmp/test/CARS-GOLD-NET_CHROMJOB-01-XZ-ARCHIVE-NDMP.z /tmp/test/CARS-GOLD-NET_CHROMJOB-01-XZ-NDMP.z... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie2010
2 Replies
cfourcc(1)							   User Commands							cfourcc(1)

NAME
cfourcc - tool for changing FourCC in Microsoft RIFF AVI files SYNOPSIS
cfourcc [-i] <file.avi> cfourcc -u <CODE> <file.avi> OPTIONS
-h Show summary of options. -d CODE Sets FOURCC codec decription string. -f Force changing FOURCC on unsupported file -i Display FOURCC information (default). -u CODE Set FOURCC codec. None. DESCRIPTION
Program identifies the codec used in AVI files (*.avi) and allows the user to change the FourCC description code (like fourcc-changer in Windows). Useful for people working with Microsoft AVI file. A Linux clone of AviC fourcc changer tool. EXAMPLES
Note that you only need to change the -u codec field most of the time and not touch the -d description: cfourcc -u DIVX -d DIVX file.avi ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
None. SEE ALSO
ffmpeg(1) mplayer(1) AUTHORS
cfourcc was written by Mohammad Hafiz bin Ismail aka "mypapit" <info@mypapit.net>. This manual page was written by Jarno Elonen <elonen@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Updated by Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>. Released under license GNU GPL v2 or (at your option) any later version. For more information about license, visit <http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html>. cfourcc 2012-04-02 cfourcc(1)