Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Netezza query in UNIX script without headers Post 302911925 by maximus_jack on Monday 4th of August 2014 02:04:32 PM
Old 08-04-2014
thanks a lot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

isql query in unix shell script

Dear all I want to execute some isql command from unix shell script. Kindly suggest me. isql command mention below. isql -U -P use gdb_1 go select count (*) from table_x go (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaydeep_sadaria
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

A simple query on unix shell script

I want to write a script to go to particular path in file and run shell script from there. what will be shell script for the same. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shekhar_ssm
2 Replies

3. Programming

headers of the query

when we are spooling query o/p to certain txt file,in that file how we can get headers in the query.(through unix shell scripting). for exmple q1="slect * from XXXXXX;"; sqlplus XXX/XXXX@XXXXX spool XXXX.txt $q1 spool off in the text file i want the headers of the query..... ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhagya.puccha
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove text between headers while leaving headers intact

Hi, I'm trying to strip all lines between two headers in a file: ### BEGIN ### Text to remove, contains all kinds of characters ... Antispyware-Downloadserver.com (Germany)=http://www.antispyware-downloadserver.c om/updates/ Antispyware-Downloadserver.com #2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Trones
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to run a query

Hi , I need help in creating the shell script for querying using a loop. I haev written the code as follows . But i am getting an error : Line doesn't required '(' . i have chagned but am getting again #!/bin/ksh ##checking the Command Line Parameter if test $1 = "" then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramji_leo
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging of files with different headers to make combined headers file

Hi , I have a typical situation. I have 4 files and with different headers (number of headers is varible ). I need to make such a merged file which will have headers combined from all files (comman coluns should appear once only). For example - File 1 H1|H2|H3|H4 11|12|13|14 21|22|23|23... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute SQL query in unix script

Hi I am new in unix. oracle and unix are installed in my sytem.i need the script which could connect to the oracle using username ,password and schema and can run the select * from tab query. Thanks vijay (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijays3
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQLPLUS query in Unix script

Hi, I am using sqlplus query to get results in a csv format in unix. I am using ksh, and below is the query. echo "select r.num|| ',' || p.path ||',"' || r.issue_description ||'",' ||p.timestamp from events r, messagepath p;">> $QUERY_FILE sqlplus -s $LOGIN @ $QUERY_FILE>>$OUTFILE ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nutan
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

PROBLEM WITH ORACLE QUERY IN UNIX SCRIPT

hi Guys, i have a problem with oracle query in my unix script.. I'm getting the following error while executing.. ./logtab.sh: sqlplus -s "pmutv/pmutv1" << EOFSQL^Jset head off^Jinsert into... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apple2685
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract only the data from ksh script running netezza query

Hi I searched this forum before posting the question, but couldnt find it, the issue i'm facing is, i'm trying to select a column from a netezza table from a korn shell script, but the query runs var=$(nzodbcsql -q "select MAX(millcount) from table1";) echo $var it returns the value like... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: maximus_jack
10 Replies
pbmreduce(1)						      General Commands Manual						      pbmreduce(1)

NAME
pbmreduce - read a portable bitmap and reduce it N times SYNOPSIS
pbmreduce [-floyd|-fs|-threshold ] [-value val] N [pbmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable bitmap as input. Reduces it by a factor of N, and produces a portable bitmap as output. pbmreduce duplicates a lot of the functionality of pgmtopbm; you could do something like pnmscale | pgmtopbm, but pbmreduce is a lot faster. pbmreduce can be used to "re-halftone" an image. Let's say you have a scanner that only produces black&white, not grayscale, and it does a terrible job of halftoning (most b&w scanners fit this description). One way to fix the halftoning is to scan at the highest possible res- olution, say 300 dpi, and then reduce by a factor of three or so using pbmreduce. You can even correct the brightness of an image, by using the -value flag. OPTIONS
By default, the halftoning after the reduction is done via boustrophedonic Floyd-Steinberg error diffusion; however, the -threshold flag can be used to specify simple thresholding. This gives better results when reducing line drawings. The -value flag alters the thresholding value for all quantizations. It should be a real number between 0 and 1. Above 0.5 means darker images; below 0.5 means lighter. All flags can be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix. SEE ALSO
pnmenlarge(1), pnmscale(1), pgmtopbm(1), pbm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1988 by Jef Poskanzer. 02 August 1989 pbmreduce(1)