Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris IPMP over aggregate in Solaris 11 Post 302911842 by sylvain on Monday 4th of August 2014 04:25:49 AM
Old 08-04-2014
IPMP over aggregate in Solaris 11

hi all,

i start with solaris 11 and i am disapointed by the change on ip managing.

i want to set a ipmp over tow aggregate but i dont find any doc and i am lost with the new commande
Code:

switch1
net0  aggregate1     |
net1  aggregate1     |-----|
                                      |
switch2                           |---> ipmp
net2  aggregate2     |-----|
net3  aggregate2     |

for the tow aggregate it's ok but ipmp dont acepte the aggregated device.

if u have some good link or exemple.

thank's in advance
sylvain

Last edited by Scott; 08-04-2014 at 05:03 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

aggregate ethernet ports under Solaris

I have been looking for info on how to aggregate 2 ore 3 NIC's into into one big pipe. Any advice would be appreciated. -Chuck (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris IP Multipathing (IPMP) Help

Hello All, I work for a Health care company at a local trauma hospital. I maintain a Picture Archiving and Communication System (PAC's). Basically, any medical images (X-Ray, CT, MRI, Mammo, etc) are stored digitally on the servers for viewing and dictation from diagnostic stations. I took over... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mainegeek
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10?

Does Veritas Cluster work with IPMP on Solaris 10? If anyone has set it up do you have a doc or tips? I have heard several different statements ranging from , not working at all to Yes it works! Great How? * Test and Base IPs???? * configure the MultiNICB agent ? I can give details... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dfezz1
1 Replies

4. Solaris

how to configure IPMP in solaris 9

Hi friends , can anyone provide me the complete steps to configure IPMP in solaris 9 or 10 provided i have two NIC card ? regards jagan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
4 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris IPMP

Can any one please explain me the concept behind IPMP in solaris clustering.Basic explanation would be really appreciated... Thanks in Advance vks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Link Based IPMP on Shared IP Solaris Zone

Hi, This may have already been raised previously so sorry for the duplication. What I want to achieve is have a physical server using link based IPMP setup in the global zone (not problem doing that) and then create a zone set as Shared-IP so when the servers NIC has an issue the IP will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: giles.cardew
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris 10 branded zone with IPMP

All. I am trying to create a 10 branded zone on a Sol 11.1 T5. The Global is using IPMP...so aggregating is out of the question. Has anyone successfully created a branded zone with IPMP? If they have can you please show me the steps you took to get this to run. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aeroforce
4 Replies

8. Solaris

New to Solaris IPMP (conversion from Linux)

Hi all, I been reading examples of how to setup IPMP and how it differs from Etherchannel. However, i am still unsure of how it really works and i hope gurus here can shed some light on the questions I have below while i will lab it up for my own test -> q1) for IPMP, there is no such thing... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
23 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10 IPMP - failback=no

Hi all, Just a few questions -> Is an "OFFLINE" interface going back to "ONLINE" consider as a failback by IPMP ? I have "FAILBACK=no" in my /etc/default/mpathd; however when i do the following (igb0 and igb7 are in the same ipmp link based group) q1) why does "if_mpadm -r igb7" cause... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
0 Replies

10. Solaris

IPMP group failed on Solaris 9

Hi, I have Solaris-9 server, V240. I got alert that one of the interface on IPMP configuration, is failed. Found that two IPs (192.168.120.32 and 192.168.120.35) are not pingable from this server. These two IPs were plumbed on another server and that is decommissioned now. That is the reason,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
5 Replies
TAP::Parser::Aggregator(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			      TAP::Parser::Aggregator(3pm)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Aggregator - Aggregate TAP::Parser results VERSION
Version 3.26 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Aggregator; my $aggregate = TAP::Parser::Aggregator->new; $aggregate->add( 't/00-load.t', $load_parser ); $aggregate->add( 't/10-lex.t', $lex_parser ); my $summary = <<'END_SUMMARY'; Passed: %s Failed: %s Unexpectedly succeeded: %s END_SUMMARY printf $summary, scalar $aggregate->passed, scalar $aggregate->failed, scalar $aggregate->todo_passed; DESCRIPTION
"TAP::Parser::Aggregator" collects parser objects and allows reporting/querying their aggregate results. METHODS
Class Methods "new" my $aggregate = TAP::Parser::Aggregator->new; Returns a new "TAP::Parser::Aggregator" object. Instance Methods "add" $aggregate->add( $description => $parser ); The $description is usually a test file name (but only by convention.) It is used as a unique identifier (see e.g. "parsers".) Reusing a description is a fatal error. The $parser is a TAP::Parser object. "parsers" my $count = $aggregate->parsers; my @parsers = $aggregate->parsers; my @parsers = $aggregate->parsers(@descriptions); In scalar context without arguments, this method returns the number of parsers aggregated. In list context without arguments, returns the parsers in the order they were added. If @descriptions is given, these correspond to the keys used in each call to the add() method. Returns an array of the requested parsers (in the requested order) in list context or an array reference in scalar context. Requesting an unknown identifier is a fatal error. "descriptions" Get an array of descriptions in the order in which they were added to the aggregator. "start" Call "start" immediately before adding any results to the aggregator. Among other times it records the start time for the test run. "stop" Call "stop" immediately after adding all test results to the aggregator. "elapsed" Elapsed returns a Benchmark object that represents the running time of the aggregated tests. In order for "elapsed" to be valid you must call "start" before running the tests and "stop" immediately afterwards. "elapsed_timestr" Returns a formatted string representing the runtime returned by "elapsed()". This lets the caller not worry about Benchmark. "all_passed" Return true if all the tests passed and no parse errors were detected. "get_status" Get a single word describing the status of the aggregated tests. Depending on the outcome of the tests returns 'PASS', 'FAIL' or 'NOTESTS'. This token is understood by CPAN::Reporter. Summary methods Each of the following methods will return the total number of corresponding tests if called in scalar context. If called in list context, returns the descriptions of the parsers which contain the corresponding tests (see "add" for an explanation of description. o failed o parse_errors o passed o planned o skipped o todo o todo_passed o wait o exit For example, to find out how many tests unexpectedly succeeded (TODO tests which passed when they shouldn't): my $count = $aggregate->todo_passed; my @descriptions = $aggregate->todo_passed; Note that "wait" and "exit" are the totals of the wait and exit statuses of each of the tests. These values are totalled only to provide a true value if any of them are non-zero. "total" my $tests_run = $aggregate->total; Returns the total number of tests run. "has_problems" if ( $parser->has_problems ) { ... } Identical to "has_errors", but also returns true if any TODO tests unexpectedly succeeded. This is more akin to "warnings". "has_errors" if ( $parser->has_errors ) { ... } Returns true if any of the parsers failed. This includes: o Failed tests o Parse errors o Bad exit or wait status "todo_failed" # deprecated in favor of 'todo_passed'. This method was horribly misnamed. This was a badly misnamed method. It indicates which TODO tests unexpectedly succeeded. Will now issue a warning and call "todo_passed". See Also TAP::Parser TAP::Harness perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 TAP::Parser::Aggregator(3pm)