Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting First 4 Characters of a column in CSV file Post 302911841 by Chubler_XL on Monday 4th of August 2014 04:05:24 AM
Old 08-04-2014
Yes, your program won't support CSV files with imbedded CR characters, as there is no code in it to do this.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing characters in csv file

Hello all, This is my first post here, so please excuse me if this question is too obvious or has been asked before. I am new to Unix and although I tried to search your forum for the answer to my question, I could not find an answer that would help me. I have a 500MB csv file with numeric values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: finwhiz
1 Replies

2. Linux

Removing non printing characters from a csv file

Hi, I have an csv file and there are some non printable characters(extended ascii) so I am trying to create a clean copy of the csv file . I am using this command: tr -cd "" < /opt/informatica/PowerCenter8.6.0/server/infa_shared/SrcFiles/ThirdParty/locations.csv > ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gerkus
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Square like special characters in .csv file

Hi All - I am new to unix and scripting. I was asked to export a sql output into .csv format and email the attachment. I could do this however i see some square like boxes or special char at the end of the headings and data values in .csv file. I could not fix this and will need your help. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanchalla
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick the column value based on another column from .csv file

My scenario is that I need to pick value from third column based on fourth column value, if fourth column value is 1 then first value of third column.Third column (2|3|4|6|1) values are cancatenated. Main imp point, in my .csv file, third column is having price value with comma (1,20,300), it has... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove the values from a certain column without deleting the Column name in a .CSV file

(14 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
14 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to convert the following characters in some fields in a csv file?

I have a csv file which is produced out of a SED command sed 's/|/","/g; s/^/"/; s/$/"/' A4.txt > A5.csv and I need either an addition to the SED command or a separate command to convert the following characters which occur within the fields in multiple lines 1) "=" to =" and 2)""~ to " (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 files of csv file and match column data and create a new csv file of them

Hi, I am newbie in shell script. I need your help to solve my problem. Firstly, I have 2 files of csv and i want to compare of the contents then the output will be written in a new csv file. File1: SourceFile,DateTimeOriginal /home/intannf/foto/IMG_0713.JPG,2015:02:17 11:14:07... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: refrain
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get maximum per column from CSV file, based on date column

Hello everyone, I am using ksh on Solaris 10 and I'm gathering data in a CSV file that looks like this: 20170628-23:25:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,55,55,1 20170628-23:30:01,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,56,56,1 20170628-23:35:00,1,0,0,1,1,2,1,57,57,2 20170628-23:40:00,1,0,0,1,1,1,1,58,58,2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejianu
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Compare every column from one csv file to another csv file

1.csv contains following column- Empid code loc port 101 A xy 01 102 B zx 78 103 A cg 12 104 G xy 78 2.csv contains follwing data- Empid code loc port 101 A gf 01 102 B zx 78 103 C cg 32 104 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rishabh
1 Replies
pocount(1)						      Translate Toolkit 1.3.0							pocount(1)

NAME
pocount - Produces word counts and other statistics from a PO file. SYNOPSIS
pocount [--csv] [directory|file(s)] DESCRIPTION
pocount will count the number of strings and words in a PO file. If no files or directories argument are provided, pocount will recurse through all files from the current directory. Otherwise, it will recurse and count all files in the specified directory or in the specified PO files. OPTIONS
--csv changes the output format to CSV (Comma Seperated Values) for import into a spreadsheet. OUTPUT
In normal mode the following output is given: avmedia/source/viewer.po type strings words (source) words (translation) translated: 1 3 3 fuzzy: 0 0 n/a untranslated: 4 22 n/a Total: 5 25 3 review 1 3 n/a In CSV mode the following outut is shown: Filename, Translated Messages, Translated Source Words, Translated Target Words, Fuzzy Messages, Fuzzy Source Words, Untranslated Mes- sages, Untranslated Source Words, Review Messages, Review Source Words avmedia/source/viewer.po, 1, 3, 3, 0, 0, 4, 22, 1, 3 Totals are not provided in CSV mode. In normal mode a grand total and file count is provided if the number of files is greater than one. BUGS
There are some miscounts related to word breaks. Translate Toolkit 1.3.0 pocount(1)