Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting **python** unable to read the background color in python Post 302911759 by giridhar276 on Saturday 2nd of August 2014 09:28:44 PM
Old 08-02-2014
**python** unable to read the background color in python

I am working on requirement on spreadsheet in python scripting.

I have a spreadsheet containing cell values and with background color.

I am able to read the value value but unable to get the background color of that particular cell.

Actually my requirement is to read the cell value along with the background color and display the same in html table.

Here I am able to display the cell value but not with background color.

Could you please suggest the required library which suits my requiremnet with some example code.

Code:
import openpyxl
wb = openpyxl.load_workbook(filename = r'empty.xlsx')
sheet_ranges = wb['range']
print sheet_ranges['D18'].value

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python- Changing background color on Button click

Hi, I am trying to write a python program which changes background color on click of button. However i am stuck up. Instead of changing the color currently it is creating a new frame every time. please look at the code and let me know how to correct it #!/usr/bin/env python from Tkinter... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python Binary File Read and Parse

Hi to everyone :), i have a challenge right now in python that for now needs a bit of help in one part of the c0de. The task is create a new file with the name of the file defined by the ASCII content between the 3 byte and the 16 byte that is parsed from the binary file, the file is over 20 Mb i... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: drd0spt
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Unable to call a python script from bash

Hi, I am trying to run a python script embedded in bash script. But is throwing me an error. Please help. Script: #!/bin/bash nohup /usr/bin/python /opt/web/http.py & Error: /usr/bin/python: can't open file '/opt/web/http.py': No such file or directory Please help me on this. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy26615
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need python script to read a file

more data.txt user1:psw1:Moni,Admi user2:psw2:Depl,Moni,Admi I wish to perform the following task on the data.txt in my python script 1. read line by line data.txt 2. Once you read the first line split it using delimiter ":" i.e "user1" "psw1" & "Moni,Admi" 3. split the 3rd string i.e... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How is html code read, compared to say python?

so, the first line of bash, perl, python, ruby, and similar languages must contain the path to the interpreter...i.e. #!/bin/perl, or #!/bin/python. so in the case of a perl script, for instance, a perl script cannot and will never run if the perl program is not installed/present on the system. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
9 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to execute python script on remote with python way..?

Hi all, I am trying to run below python code for connecting remote windows machine from unix to run an python file exist on that remote windows machine.. Below is the code I am trying: #!/usr/bin/env python import wmi c = wmi.WMI("xxxxx", user="xxxx", password="xxxxxxx")... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onenessboy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Feed python with read line in shell

Hello, I am running under ubuntu 14.04. I have a python file bringing requested data. When I run, it asks me to enter query info. After that, it gives the data if anything matched can be found. What I need to accomplish is, instead of entering the requested data from keyboard, to put all... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
11 Replies

8. Programming

Create a C source and compile inside Python 1.4.0 to 3.7.0 in Python for ALL? platforms...

Hi all... As you know I like making code backwards compatible for as many platforms as possible. This Python script was in fact dedicated for the AMIGA A1200 using Pythons 1.4.0, 1.5.2, 1.6.0, 2.0.1, and 2.4.6 as that is all we have for varying levels of upgrades from a HDD and 4MB FastRam... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wisecracker
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to print python array in shell script loop.

I am unable to loop print a python string array in my unix shell script: ~/readarr.sh '{{ myarr }}' more readarr.sh echo "Parameter 1:"$1 MYARRAY= $1 IFS= MYARRAY=`python <<< "print ' '.join($MYARRAY)"` for a in "$MYARRAY"; do echo "Printing Array: $a" done Can you... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
10 Replies
XcmsStoreColor()														  XcmsStoreColor()

Name
  XcmsStoreColor - store a specified color into a read/write colormap cell.

Synopsis
  Status XcmsStoreColor(display, colormap, color)
	Display *display;
	Colormap colormap;
	XcmsColor *color;

Arguments
  display   Specifies the connection to the X server.

colormap  Specifies the colormap.

color     Specifies the color cell and the color to store.  Values specified in this XcmsColor structure remain unchanged upon return.

Returns
  Zero on failure, non-zero on success.

Availability
  Release 5 and later.

Description
  XcmsStoreColor()  converts the color specified in the XcmsColor structure into RGB values and then uses this RGB specification in an XColor
  structure, whose three flags (DoRed, DoGreen, and DoBlue) are set, in a call to XStoreColor() to change the color  cell  specified  by  the
  pixel  member  of the XcmsColor structure.  This pixel value must be a valid index for the specified colormap, and the color cell specified
  by the pixel value must be a read/write cell.  If the pixel value is not a valid index, a BadValue error results.  If  the  color  cell  is
  unallocated or is allocated read-only, a BadAccess error results.  If the colormap is an installed map for its screen, the changes are vis-
  ible immediately.

Note that XStoreColor() does not return a Status therefore this function's return status can only indicate if a color conversion  was  suc-
  cessful and the call to XStoreColor() was made.  XcmsStoreColor() returns XcmsSuccess if it succeeded in converting the color specification
  and called XStoreColor().  It returns XcmsSuccessWithCompression if it converted the requested device-independent color to the  device  RGB
  color  space	with gamut compression and completed the call to XStoreColor().  It returns XcmsFailure if it could not convert the specified
  color at all.  To obtain the actual color stored, use XcmsQueryColor().  Due to the screen's hardware limitations or gamut compression, the
  color stored in the colormap may not be identical to the color specified.

Errors
  BadAccess The specified colormap cell was read-only.

BadColor  The colormap argument does not name a defined colormap.

BadValue  The specified pixel does not represent a valid color cell in the specified colormap.

Structures
  The XcmsColor structure and XcmsColorFormat type are shown on the XcmsColor reference page.

See Also
  XcmsAllocColor(),  XcmsAllocNamedColor(),  XcmsLookupColor(),  XcmsQueryColor(), XcmsQueryColors(), XcmsStoreColors(), XcmsStoreNamedColor,
  XAllocColor(), XAllocNamedColor(), XLookupColor(), XParseColor(), XQueryColor(), XQueryColors(), XStoreColor(), XStoreColors().

Xlib - Device-independent Color 												  XcmsStoreColor()