Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Telnet Bash Script (Connection closed by foreign host.) Post 302911680 by jeetz on Saturday 2nd of August 2014 12:35:23 PM
Old 08-02-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudiC
Try reducing the sleep periods to 1 sec, and add a sleep after the exit command.
Lovely, it works! Smilie

But I have no clue as to why would it work with sleep duration reduced.

Code:
echo open 192.168.1.1 
sleep 1
echo admin
sleep 1
echo pass
sleep 0
echo show adsl
echo exit
sleep 1

Last edited by Scott; 08-02-2014 at 02:01 PM.. Reason: ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

FTP - Connection Closed By Remote Host

Hi, I am having a problem with our AIX 4.3.3 Server accessing FTP. The error is " Connection Closed By Remote Host". Scenario: Since i put a default gateway on the server FTP connection is having a problem but when i remove the default gateway it will works fine.. Is there any way not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mouglybean
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

hi i am trying to connect the frontend server using ssh i got the following error ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host can anyone help please (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

3. Linux

ssh_ exchange-identification: Connection closed by remote host

Dear All, Recently our server has been giving the error: "ssh_ exchange-identification: Connection closed by remote host" The error causes the server to become in accessible via ssh and the services are stopped/hung. The server has to be restarted to make it working normal again. The... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vguleria
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host Connection closed

Hi Everyone, Good day. Scenario: 2 unix servers -- A (SunOS) and B (AIX) I have an ftp script to sftp 30 files from A to B which happen almost instantaneously i.e 30 sftp's happen at the same time. Some of these sftp's fail with the following error: ssh_exchange_identification: Connection... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jeevan_fimare
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script/telnet - Remove/Control "Connection closed by foreign host"

How do I gain control of the "Connection closed by foreign host" message telnet yields when you connect to it in a shell script? I'm using the output: #!/usr/local/bin/bash count=$(ping -c 1 $1 | grep 'received' | awk -F',' '{ print $2 }' | awk '{ print $1 }') if ; then echo "$1 PING "... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpfreak
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

Connection closed by foreign host

I am trying to connect to my HP server from remote machine. It gets connected but once credential are provided the connection is closed. adroit:/home/seo/hitendra 32 ] telnet myserv1 Trying... Connected to myserv1. Escape character is '^]'. Local flow control on Telnet TERMINAL-SPEED... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
4 Replies

7. Solaris

"Connection closed by foreign host error" in Solaris 10

Version Details Solaris version : Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 s10x_u10wos_17b X86 $ uname -a SunOS tippy178 5.10 Generic_147441-01 i86pc i386 i86pcThe Issue +++++++++ I have two solaris 10 Virtual Machines created using Virtual Box. One of my applications running on Source was trying to connect... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

Connection closed by host error in rhel 6 Linux

Hi All, I am new to Redhat Enterprise Linux 6 version. I am facing an issue with my lab server which is having RHEL6 lab1:root> uname -a Linux lab1 2.6.32-358.18.1.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Aug 2 17:04:38 EDT 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I am getting this error for every 18 minutes 30... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: go2suresh1979
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet error- Escape character is '^]' and connection closed by foreign host

In program, I want to telnet the ports present in telnet.txt file and capture screenshot of open port which is opened on new terminal. Problems: Escape character is '^]' and Connection closed by foreign host. Loop is not working properly. It only take one ports and closed the connection. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
9 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Telnet in script Connection closed by foreign host

Hello, I'm trying to learn and automate some tasks via a script, but my first ever script failed with "connection closed by foreign host" error. I checked the other discussions but it didn't help. Could you please help? #!/bin/bash ( sleep 2 echo open x.x.x.x 23 sleep 2 echo user sleep 2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Myrtle
1 Replies
RXTELNET(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 					       RXTELNET(1)

NAME
rxtelnet -- start a telnet and forward X-connections. SYNOPSIS
rxtelnet [-l username] [-k] [-t telnet_args] [-x xterm_args] [-K kx_args] [-w term_emulator] [-b telnet_program] [-n] [-v] host [port] DESCRIPTION
The rxtelnet program starts an xterm window with a telnet to host host. From this window you will also be able to run X clients that will be able to connect securely to your X server. If port is given, that port will be used instead of the default. If setting up the X forwarding failes, rxtelnet will still telnet in to the remote host, but without X forwarding. The supported options are: -l Log in on the remote host as user username. -k Disables keep-alives. -t Send telnet_args as arguments to telnet. -x Send xterm_args as arguments to xterm. -X Send kx_args as arguments to kx. -w Use term_emulator instead of xterm. -b Use telnet_program instead of telnet. -n Do not start any terminal emulator. -v Be verbose. EXAMPLE
To login from host foo (where your display is) to host bar, you might do the following. 1. On foo: rxtelnet bar 2. You will get a new window with a telnet to bar. In this window you will be able to start X clients. SEE ALSO
kx(1), rxterm(1), telnet(1), tenletxr(1), kxd(8) KTH_KRB March 7, 2004 KTH_KRB