Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merging two year files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging two year files Post 302911582 by RudiC on Friday 1st of August 2014 01:56:16 PM
Old 08-01-2014
Do you want the files to be merged (based on what criteria?) or just concatenated? For the latter, try
Code:
for i in ABC_C*; do echo cat $i ${i/_C/_N} ">" ${i/_C/_T}; done
cat ABC_CYBWFX.txt ABC_NYBWFX.txt > ABC_TYBWFX.txt
cat ABC_CYFAVFX.txt ABC_NYFAVFX.txt > ABC_TYFAVFX.txt
cat ABC_CYFMAFX.txt ABC_NYFMAFX.txt > ABC_TYFMAFX.txt
cat ABC_CYFQTFX.txt ABC_NYFQTFX.txt > ABC_TYFQTFX.txt
cat ABC_CYFWFX.txt ABC_NYFWFX.txt > ABC_TYFWFX.txt

If happy, remove the echo.
This User Gave Thanks to RudiC For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know year create/modified files?

Dear all, how to know created file time, include the year created/last modified? if using #ls -al only month date and time Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete compressed files from year 2005

I'm trying to delete files that were created/modified in the year 2005 that we compressed and have the .Z extension on them. I tried using the awk utility but the syntax is incorrect. I don't know how to use a wildcard to capture all the compressed files. Here's the code I used ( ls -lR |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move files based on year

I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003. I want to move only the 2003 files to another directory. Please help in doing this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IHK
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move files based on year

Hi All, I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003. I want to move ony the 2003 files to another directory. Please help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IHK
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Number of files - in start of year

Is there any way to find "Number of files" that exists on my solaris parition in the starting of 2009 year ? I know ctime or mtime will not help and unix wouldnt store creation time. Only hope i can see ( and i am not sure if that will help ) is that my system is up from last 2 years without... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Move files of a certain year to other directory

Hi all, I have a massive amount of recording files in .WAV format stored in a directory, files dating back to 2006. It is a huge amount of files as Linux cannot even do a listing of it all, it states: "argument list too long" What I would like to do is the following: Find all the files of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files by year

can someone provide a command to delete files by year? I have several files created last year 2009. Im trying to list first ls -lrt | grep '/2009/ {print $10}' by it returns no result. Pls advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 1 year through FTP

Hi All, I want to login to a remote server using FTP command and then check for files older than 1 year and delete those files. Please let me know how can i achieve this using Unix Commands. Thanks in Advance, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files for same month and year?

Hi All, I find all files for same month and year lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 c.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 21 2012 d.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 22 2012 f.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files using year

Hi All, how can i delete files from my Unix directory on the basis of year, i have files from 2001 to till 2014, but from their, i have to delete only 2013 file.Below is my file name rwxrwxrwx 1 guopt users 5169 Jul 12 00:30 grt592_20130712003000.SAP Thanks Kki (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kki
2 Replies
gnomevfs-cat(1) 						   User Commands						   gnomevfs-cat(1)

NAME
gnomevfs-cat - print a file to standard output using the VFS system SYNOPSIS
gnomevfs-cat URI DESCRIPTION
gnomevfs-cat prints a file to standard output using the virtual file system to access the file via a URI. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: URI Specifies the file location in standard URI format. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Cat a File From a Web Server example% gnomevfs-cat http://www.sun.com Example 2: Cat a Local File example% gnomevfs-cat file:///home/user/README.txt ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
See environ(5) for descriptions of the following environment variables: NLSPATH. EXIT STATUS
The exit value 0 is returned regardless of success or failure. FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/bin/gnomevfs-cat Executable to print a file to standard output using the VFS system ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-vfs | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |External | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
gnomevfs-copy(1), gnomevfs-info(1), gnomevfs-ls(1), gnomevfs-mkdir(1) NOTES
Written by Stephen Browne, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2004. SunOS 5.10 6 Sep 2004 gnomevfs-cat(1)