Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Merging two year files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Merging two year files Post 302911527 by rbatte1 on Friday 1st of August 2014 07:54:51 AM
Old 08-01-2014
It's a bit unclear what you want. Do you have a fixed list of input files? you could try:-
Code:
for identifier in WFX QTFX MAFX AVFX FWX
do
   cat ABC_NYF${identifier}.txt ABC_CYF${identifier}.txt  >  ABC_TYF${identifier}.txt
done

Does that do what you need? If not, can you answer these:-
  • Is this homework/assignment? There are specific forums for these.
  • What have you tried so far?
  • What output/errors do you get?
  • What OS and version are you using?
  • What are your preferred tools? (C, shell, perl, awk, etc.)
  • What logical process have you considered? (to help steer us to follow what you are trying to achieve)
Most importantly, What have you tried so far?

There are probably many ways to achieve most tasks, so giving us an idea of your style and thoughts will help us guide you to an answer most suitable to you so you can adjust it to suit your needs in future.

We're all here to learn and getting the relevant information will help us all.

Regards,
Robin
This User Gave Thanks to rbatte1 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know year create/modified files?

Dear all, how to know created file time, include the year created/last modified? if using #ls -al only month date and time Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

delete compressed files from year 2005

I'm trying to delete files that were created/modified in the year 2005 that we compressed and have the .Z extension on them. I tried using the awk utility but the syntax is incorrect. I don't know how to use a wildcard to capture all the compressed files. Here's the code I used ( ls -lR |... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move files based on year

I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003. I want to move only the 2003 files to another directory. Please help in doing this. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: IHK
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move files based on year

Hi All, I have a directory which has crores of files since from 2003. I want to move ony the 2003 files to another directory. Please help (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: IHK
9 Replies

5. Solaris

Number of files - in start of year

Is there any way to find "Number of files" that exists on my solaris parition in the starting of 2009 year ? I know ctime or mtime will not help and unix wouldnt store creation time. Only hope i can see ( and i am not sure if that will help ) is that my system is up from last 2 years without... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajwinder
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

Move files of a certain year to other directory

Hi all, I have a massive amount of recording files in .WAV format stored in a directory, files dating back to 2006. It is a huge amount of files as Linux cannot even do a listing of it all, it states: "argument list too long" What I would like to do is the following: Find all the files of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: codenjanod
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete files by year

can someone provide a command to delete files by year? I have several files created last year 2009. Im trying to list first ls -lrt | grep '/2009/ {print $10}' by it returns no result. Pls advise (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files older than 1 year through FTP

Hi All, I want to login to a remote server using FTP command and then check for files older than 1 year and delete those files. Please let me know how can i achieve this using Unix Commands. Thanks in Advance, (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: HemaV
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files for same month and year?

Hi All, I find all files for same month and year lets say there are following files in directory -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 19 2012 c.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 21 2012 d.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1 user userg 1596 Mar 22 2012 f.txt -rwxr-xr-x 1... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Makarand Dodmis
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete files using year

Hi All, how can i delete files from my Unix directory on the basis of year, i have files from 2001 to till 2014, but from their, i have to delete only 2013 file.Below is my file name rwxrwxrwx 1 guopt users 5169 Jul 12 00:30 grt592_20130712003000.SAP Thanks Kki (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kki
2 Replies
FLARE(6)							 flare User Manual							  FLARE(6)

NAME
flare - diablo like rpg game DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the game flare and the files it uses. flare is a diablo like rpg game. FILES
settings.txt flare does not have a settings dialogue yet. You can manipulate flare's settings in the settings.txt instead. It is located in one of the following paths: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/flare $HOME/.config/flare ./config keybindings.txt You can manipulate flare's default key bindings in this file. It is located in one of the following paths: $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/flare $HOME/.config/flare ./config save[0-9]{?}.txt Savegames are simple txt files in flare. You can find them at one of these places: $XDG_DATA_HOME/flare $HOME/.local/share/flare ./saves If permissions are correct, the game is automatically saved when you exit. ENVIONMENT
XDG_CONFIG_HOME, $XDG_DATA_HOME flare follows the XDG stanard, see FILES section above. BUGS
If you should find a bug in flare, please report it at the official BTS at: https://github.com/clintbellanger/flare/issues. AUTHOR
Jan-Hendrik Peters <hennr@hennr.name> Wrote this manpage for the Debian system. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Jan-Hendrik Peters This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 3 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. flare 12/26/2011 FLARE(6)