Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Which are blocking and non-blocking api's in sockets in C ? Post 302911449 by DGPickett on Thursday 31st of July 2014 04:33:22 PM
Old 07-31-2014
Somewhere in fctl() is O_NONBLOCK, which changes your sockets or whatever fd so it does not block. https://www.unix.com/man-page/opensolaris/0/fcntl/ Blocking is the default. You can avoid blocking issues by using thread per fd/direction, poll()/select() to detect what is ready, aio (async IO) or nonblocking fd's.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

blocking domains

Dear All , Kindly note I have sun solaries 7 . I want to block a domain who keep sending emails to my domain and users . thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

School Blocking

I'm in highschool. They blocked my favorite site. How do I disable websense without getting caught on that particular webpage? Is it even possible? *twitch* I would also like to get as much UNIX for beginners information, so if someone might point me in the right direction so I don't have to read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satine
1 Replies

3. IP Networking

blocking DHCP

I've got a legit DHCP server on my network. I've got a 3550 as my VTP server providing 4 vlans to 4 2950 switches. If somebody were to plug into one of those vlans with a DHCP server configured then it would throw off my whole network. How could i block the DHCP server that could plug into the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: byblyk
2 Replies

4. Programming

Linux BSD sockets blocking issue

I am using BSD TCP sockets under Debian Linux 2.6 and no matter what I do, the socket blocks on recv. I have set O_NONBLOCK and O_NDELAY using fcntl to no effect. Any ideas ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnmb
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Non-blocking pipe

Hello, Would this be an acceptable way of creating a non-blocking pipe. Basically I want to create kind of a server client arch. This code would be in the server, and I don't want to have to wait for clients to read before moving on to the next client. One problem I can see is if... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdlaforc
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

blocking script help

sed -n '/robots.txt/!{s/\(\{1,\}\.*\.*\.*\).*\/\(.*\.txt\).*/\1 \2/p;}' myaapache.log Above command will search all txt except robots.txt from apache logs and show like 94.136.63.119 idsuper.txt 174.121.67.233 fx29id1.txt I want to block that ip address automatically, i need script... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learnbash
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ps blocking

Hi Folks I have been debugging a script that is called every thirty seconds. Basically it is doing a ps, well two actually, one to file (read by the getline below) and the other into a pipe. The one into the pipe is: - V_SYSVPS=/usr/sysv/bin/ps $V_SYSVPS -p$PIDLIST -o$PSARGS... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Blocking signals

I know how to add signal to a set. But what if I want to add 2 or 3 signals to the set. I know I can use sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS)....but what if I want to add SIGBUS and SIGALRM at once. Do i have to do it like this.. sigaddset (&set,SIGBUS); sigaddset (&set,SIGALRM); Is there another way to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker40
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

Blocking an IP address

Dear all, I am new to this forum.I need some assistant from you people. I have a server in which Linux 5 is installed and it is in the network. How i block any user to access my server.. Upto how many users i can block.. send me the procedure.... Thank you in advance...... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhansu
10 Replies

10. IP Networking

ping blocking

Hi I am starting to practice nmap for my own education. Now I created two host in virtual box. Bot are scientific linux, one in installed as web server and the other as developing station. I tried to run nmap on so I did nmap on their IP address, I got an answer that ip is down or that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: programAngel
8 Replies
socket_connect4(3)					     Library Functions Manual						socket_connect4(3)

NAME
socket_connect4 - attempt to make a TCP connection SYNTAX
#include <socket.h> int socket_connect4(int s,const char ip[4],uint16 port); DESCRIPTION
socket_connect4 attempts to make a connection from TCP socket s to TCP port port on IP address ip. socket_connect4 may return o 0, to indicate that the connection succeeded (and succeeded immediately, if the socket is non-blocking) o -1, setting errno to error_inprogress or error_wouldblock, to indicate that the socket is non-blocking o -1, setting errno to something else, to indicate that the connection failed (and failed immediately, if the socket is non-blocking). When a background connection succeeds or fails, s becomes writable; you can use socket_connected to see whether the connection succeeded. If the connection failed, socket_connected returns 0, setting errno appropriately. Once a TCP socket is connected, you can use the read and write system calls to transmit data. You can call socket_connect4 without calling socket_bind4. This has the effect as first calling socket_bind4 with IP address 0.0.0.0 and port 0. EXAMPLE
#include <socket.h> int s; char ip[4]; uint16 p; s = socket_tcp4(); socket_bind4(s,ip,p); socket_connect4(s,ip,p); SEE ALSO
socket_connect6(3) socket_connect4(3)