Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find if a User exist if not create user Post 302911426 by GoBoyGo on Thursday 31st of July 2014 02:20:19 PM
Old 07-31-2014
@Corona688

To be honest it is but I rather not post the entire code since I already have a template for it and I just need someone to help with this part that way I can figure out the rest of my own.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Change password - User does not exist

When trying to change the password with the command "passwd" it returns that the user does not exist. passwd <USER> passwd: changing password for <USER> passwd: <USER> does not exist This is a Solaris 2.5.1 system. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryamada
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Other than root user .Normal user is unable to create files

Hi all, I am using Sun Solaris 9 .In this system normal users unable to create files from the command line.I added these users in bin,adm and even root group i found them unable to create a file. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mallesh
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Validate if user and group exist

I'm kinda new to unix programming so bear with me... I'm running a script prompting a user for an existing user and group and want to be able to validate if they valid. Is there any code available? Any help or push in the right direction would help. Thank you, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thedon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I create user but i cant login the user i created.

I created a user, i login as a root. I add him in the group where he can access and login as a root! I checked it in users' list and in group's list, he is there. My problem is this, I cant login using the username/account I just created! What should i do to use and login the user/account i've just... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

su: user x does not exist

somehow my user names and groups on one of our machines are changed to numbers 700, 701, etc. thus, i can only ssh into this machine as root. is there a way to migrate the user names and groups to this machine? thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: user23
3 Replies

6. Linux

Root user doest not exist

Hi All, I changed the root user home directory to /home/root for some testing purpose, afterwards the logged user name its showing "I have no name" instead of root and also when we want to su to root its giving root user doesnot exist, so I tried to add the root user then its giving root user... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasidarvarma
3 Replies

7. Ubuntu

Create New User with the same group nd privileges of the other user

Hi, Anyone can help me on how to duplicate privileges and group for useroradb01 to userrootdb01. I have currently using "useroradb01" and create a newly user "userrootdb01". I want both in the sames privileges and group. Please see the existing users list below; drwxr-xr-x 53 useroradb01... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing a user that doesnt exist from a group

Hi there, normally if I want to remove a user tht I have added to a specific group, i would do the following this is what my group2 looks like # grep group2 /etc/group group2:x:7777:user2,user1,user4 user1 has been defined in a few groups # id -nG user1 group1 group2 group3 So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
3 Replies

9. Solaris

User directory doesn't exist

Hii all, i create the user useradd -d /home/kk kk passwd kk when i tried to login to kk i get a error user directory doesn't exist then i tried useradd kkk passwd kkkwhen i tried to login to kkk i get the same error user directory doesn't exist. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipinkumarr89
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create user if UID not exist; else, exit the script

Hi, I want to write a script to check whether an user ID is used in my server and then create that user. If the user ID is not used, I will echo something like "OK, continue" and then continue to execute the script. Else, I will echo something like "Used, exit" and then exit the script. As... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dirkaulo
4 Replies
DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)					      Debconf						  DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)

NAME
debconf-mergetemplate - merge together multiple debconf template files SYNOPSIS
debconf-mergetemplate [options] [templates.ll ...] templates DESCRIPTION
Note: This utility is deprecated. You should switch to using po-debconf's po2debconf program. This program is useful if you have multiple debconf templates files which you want to merge together into one big file. All the specified files will be read in, merged, and output to standard output. This can be especially useful if you are dealing with translated template files. In this case, you might have your main template file, plus several other files provided by the translators. These files will have translated fields in them, and maybe the translators left in the english versions of the fields they translated, for their reference. So, you want to merge together all the translated templates files with your main templates file. Any fields that are unique to the translated files need to be added in to the correct templates, but any fields they have in common should be superseded by the fields in the main file (which might be more up-to-date). This program handles that case properly, just list each of the translated templates files, and then your main templates file last. OPTIONS
--outdated Merge in even outdated translations. The default is to drop them with a warning message. --drop-old-templates If a translation has an entire template that is not in the master file (and thus is probably an old template), drop that entire template. SEE ALSO
debconf-getlang(1) AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 2012-09-10 DEBCONF-MERGETEMPLATE(1)