Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to check number of threads running per processor in Linux machine? Post 302911403 by Corona688 on Thursday 31st of July 2014 01:18:20 PM
Old 07-31-2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon1234
I have a machine which has 32 processor but i am really not sure how many threads are running. It has hyperthreading enabled.
Hyperthreading does not double your cores. Doubling your cores would double your cores.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check both the processores running or not in redhat linux

Hi, We have dual processor dell machine loaded with redhat linux 7.2. It was working fine without any problem but recently power went off so suddenly system switched off. From then onwards system is running very slow. My suspect is on processor. How to check both the processors running properly or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Number of threads running

Is there any command to find 1) the number of threads running 2) kernel boot mode in solaris box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check web server running on local and on remote machine

Hi , How to check whether web server is running from remote machine How to check whether web server is running on web server itself Can any one help me soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to determine the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system

Hi, Anyone can tell me how to get the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system for Solaris 10? Someone told me for Solaris 9, the method is "echo "*svc$<svcpool" | adb -k. But, I've tried to google the method for Solaris 10 and did not find the corresponding method, please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wang.caiqi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root user about the accounts. How can i achieve this in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

6. Hardware

Nodes/Processor/CPU's/threads/packages

Hello, can anyone explain me this jargon "Nodes/Processor/CPU's/threads/packages":confused: and what's the relation between these, I need to work on a cluster and I can not figure out the terminology. Thanks! any good link to read about these would also be very helpful Thanks! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nonothing
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How a process can check if a particular process is running on different machine?

I have process1 running on one machine and generating some log file. Now another process which can be launched on any machine wants to know if process1 is running or not and also in case it is running it wants to stream the logs file generated by process1 on terminal from which process2 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhnsit2001
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Machine/Hardware platform/Processor type

Hi, I am just confused about these three things which are shown in the output of uname command. I am running RH lINUX 9.0 on hardware having Intel HT CPU. My uname shows uname -p i686 (processor) uname -m i686 (machine) uname -i i386 (hardware) I was about to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
1 Replies

9. Linux

How to check a particular service is running on Linux?

We are using TeamSite application. Its a content management system application. How can I check if TeamSite service is running or not using ksh onn Linux platform ? On Windows its easy, I can do services.msc and entire list will come up. How to check it in Linux ? I tried using 'ps -ef', it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do we check the Linux machine OS?

I have IBM Z-Linux machine as well as RedHat Linux. Where do I see that the particular machine is z-Linux? below output from zlinux. $ uname -a Linux xxxxxxxHostname 2.6.18-406.el5 #1 SMP Fri May 1 10:42:26 EDT 2015 s390x s390x s390x GNU/Linux below output from redhat. $ uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies
pset_destroy(2) 						System Calls Manual						   pset_destroy(2)

NAME
pset_destroy() - destroy a processor set SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
The function destroys the processor set pset, releasing all constituent processors and processes by default. The processors and processes are reassigned to the system default processor set. Once destroyed, the pset identifier becomes available for new processor sets that may be created in the future. The behavior when attempting to destroy a non-empty processor set may be controlled by changing the attribute of the processor set through the function. See pset_getattr(2). The following values are supported for the attribute: Reassign all processors in the pset to the system default processor set. Migrate all threads and processes bound to the pset to the system default proces- sor set. Make the request fail with if there are any threads or processes bound to pset or if there are processors assigned to the pset. Make the request fail with only if there are active threads or processes bound to the processor set. Otherwise, perform the operation by reassigning the processors in the pset to the system default processor set. If the threads and processes being reassigned to the default processor set have some binding to a processor or a locality domain in the pset being destroyed, their binding is reassigned to a processor or a locality domain in the system default processor set. A user with the privilege or a user with WRITE permission on the pset may destroy the processor set pset. The system default processor set may never be destroyed. Security Restrictions Some or all of the actions associated with this system call require the privilege. Processes owned by the superuser have this privilege. Processes owned by other users may have this privilege, depending on system configuration. See privileges(5) for more information about privileged access on systems that support fine-grained privileges. Note on Logical Processor and Hyper-Threading Feature On systems with the Hyper-Threading (HT) feature enabled at the firmware level, each processor core may have more than one hyper-thread per physical processor core. Each hyper-thread is represented to the operating system and applications as a logical processor (LCPU). Due to the processor set contract, which specifies that applications bound to a processor set have complete and exclusive control of all processor cores within that processor set, migration of processors between two processor sets is done at the processor core granularity. For destruction of a processor set migrates a set of processor cores to the default processor set. Depending on the source processor set and the default processor set's the number of logical processors visible to the users and applications may change. EXAMPLES
Destroy a processor set with the processor set ID of pset. RETURN VALUE
returns zero on successful completion. Otherwise, -1 is returned and is set to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following is true: The attribute value for the processor set does not allow deletion of a non-empty processor set. The operation was interrupted. pset is not a valid processor set. The processor set functionality is not supported by the underlying HP-UX version. The user does not have necessary permissions to destroy a processor set or the system default processor set was specified. SEE ALSO
psrset(1M), pset_assign(2), pset_bind(2), pset_create(2), pset_ctl(2), pset_getattr(2), privgrp(4), privileges(5). pset_destroy(2)