Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users How to check number of threads running per processor in Linux machine? Post 302911375 by blackrageous on Thursday 31st of July 2014 11:45:15 AM
Old 07-31-2014
See man page for ps and top. Try
Code:
ps -eLf
ps -eLf | wc -l

#you can toggle thread display, see http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/javasdk/tools/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.java.doc.igaa%2F_1vg0001475cb4a-1190e2e0f74-8000_1007.html

top -H

#also  press 1 (toggle), will show break down of cpu usage

top - 11:05:53 up 1 day,  1:57,  3 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.16, 0.11
Tasks: 281 total,   1 running, 277 sleeping,   0 stopped,   3 zombie
Cpu0  : 14.7%us,  8.0%sy,  0.0%ni, 76.9%id,  0.0%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Cpu1  : 11.1%us,  5.9%sy,  0.0%ni, 82.9%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Cpu2  :  6.2%us, 10.6%sy,  0.0%ni, 83.2%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Cpu3  :  3.4%us,  3.8%sy,  0.0%ni, 92.8%id,  0.0%wa,  0.0%hi,  0.0%si,  0.0%st
Mem:   8011456k total,  7841028k used,   170428k free,    40824k buffers
Swap:  8388600k total,   233920k used,  8154680k free,  1220248k cached

PID USER      PR  NI  VIRT  RES  SHR S %CPU %MEM    TIME+  COMMAND                                                                                                                 
 3716 qemu      20   0 4821m 4.1g 1668 S 32.8 53.8 511:41.44 qemu-kvm                                                                                                                
28028 josephgr  20   0 1589m 498m  27m S 14.3  6.4  84:11.67 firefox                                                                                                                 
 3810 root      20   0  258m  85m  11m S  4.0  1.1  34:13.66 Xorg

Last edited by blackrageous; 07-31-2014 at 01:07 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check both the processores running or not in redhat linux

Hi, We have dual processor dell machine loaded with redhat linux 7.2. It was working fine without any problem but recently power went off so suddenly system switched off. From then onwards system is running very slow. My suspect is on processor. How to check both the processors running properly or... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bache_gowda
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Number of threads running

Is there any command to find 1) the number of threads running 2) kernel boot mode in solaris box (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickylife
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check web server running on local and on remote machine

Hi , How to check whether web server is running from remote machine How to check whether web server is running on web server itself Can any one help me soon (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satheeshkr_cse
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to determine the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system

Hi, Anyone can tell me how to get the number of NFS threads RUNNING on the system for Solaris 10? Someone told me for Solaris 9, the method is "echo "*svc$<svcpool" | adb -k. But, I've tried to google the method for Solaris 10 and did not find the corresponding method, please help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wang.caiqi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root

I have a requirement to check whose accounts are expired in Linux machine and send a mail to root user about the accounts. How can i achieve this in Linux? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mnmonu
1 Replies

6. Hardware

Nodes/Processor/CPU's/threads/packages

Hello, can anyone explain me this jargon "Nodes/Processor/CPU's/threads/packages":confused: and what's the relation between these, I need to work on a cluster and I can not figure out the terminology. Thanks! any good link to read about these would also be very helpful Thanks! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nonothing
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How a process can check if a particular process is running on different machine?

I have process1 running on one machine and generating some log file. Now another process which can be launched on any machine wants to know if process1 is running or not and also in case it is running it wants to stream the logs file generated by process1 on terminal from which process2 is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabhnsit2001
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Machine/Hardware platform/Processor type

Hi, I am just confused about these three things which are shown in the output of uname command. I am running RH lINUX 9.0 on hardware having Intel HT CPU. My uname shows uname -p i686 (processor) uname -m i686 (machine) uname -i i386 (hardware) I was about to ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dextergenious
1 Replies

9. Linux

How to check a particular service is running on Linux?

We are using TeamSite application. Its a content management system application. How can I check if TeamSite service is running or not using ksh onn Linux platform ? On Windows its easy, I can do services.msc and entire list will come up. How to check it in Linux ? I tried using 'ps -ef', it... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: paramshamnani
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How do we check the Linux machine OS?

I have IBM Z-Linux machine as well as RedHat Linux. Where do I see that the particular machine is z-Linux? below output from zlinux. $ uname -a Linux xxxxxxxHostname 2.6.18-406.el5 #1 SMP Fri May 1 10:42:26 EDT 2015 s390x s390x s390x GNU/Linux below output from redhat. $ uname -a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies
hostinfo(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       hostinfo(8)

NAME
hostinfo -- host information SYNOPSIS
hostinfo DESCRIPTION
The hostinfo command displays information about the host system on which the command is executing. The output includes a kernel version description, processor configuration data, available physical memory, and various scheduling statistics. OPTIONS
There are no options. DISPLAY
Mach kernel version: The version string compiled into the kernel executing on the host system. Processor Configuration: The maximum possible processors for which the kernel is configured, followed by the number of physical and logical processors avail- able. Note: on Intel architectures, physical processors are referred to as cores, and logical processors are referred to as hardware threads; there may be multiple logical processors per core and multiple cores per processor package. This command does not report the number of processor packages. Processor type: The host's processor type and subtype. Processor active: A list of active processors on the host system. Active processors are members of a processor set and are ready to dispatch threads. On a single processor system, the active processor, is processor 0. Primary memory available: The amount of physical memory that is configured for use on the host system. Default processor set: Displays the number of tasks currently assigned to the host processor set, the number of threads currently assigned to the host proces- sor set, and the number of processors included in the host processor set. Load average: Measures the average number of threads in the run queue. Mach factor: A variant of the load average which measures the processing resources available to a new thread. Mach factor is based on the number of CPUs divided by (1 + the number of runnablethreads) or the number of CPUs minus the number of runnable threads when the number of runnable threads is less than the number of CPUs. The closer the Mach factor value is to zero, the higher the load. On an idle system with a fixed number of active processors, the mach factor will be equal to the number of CPUs. SEE ALSO
sysctl(8) Mac OS X October 30, 2003 Mac OS X