Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Different output for awk command on Linux & HP-UX Post 302911360 by SriniShoo on Thursday 31st of July 2014 10:30:00 AM
Old 07-31-2014
When you are printing the entire line, even though you make changes to the number of fields, you have to make changes within the line to reflect new number of fields
Here, $1=$1 is assigning the value of first field to the first field...
You can replace that part with $2=$2 as well

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

manipulate & format the output of spool command

Hi All, I am spooling the data some sql queries into a single file but wanted to know how to format the data of the file generated by spool. #!/bin/sh unset -f USAGE USAGE () { clear echo "############################USAGE#######################\n" echo "Incorrect number of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ss_ss
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk & sed query for output

Hello, I have a file. its content are like below. mdn:87439842 imsi:23082038203 Ctime:12082010 01:20:10 mdn:9324783783 imsi:402349823322 Ctime: 12072010 01:20:10 mdn:87439842 imsi:23082038203 Ctime: 23072010 01:20:10 mdn:87439842 imsi:23082038203 Ctime:18072010 01:20:10 mdn:87439842... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanket11
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required output

Hi All, Need Suggestion, Want to sort a file using awk & sed to get required, output as below, such that each LUN shows correct WWPN and FA port Numbers correctly: Required output: 01FB 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 01FB 10000000c96fb279 9C 0 22AF 10000000c97843a2 8C 0 22AF 10000000c975adbd ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk help: Match data fields from 2 files & output results from both into 1 file

I need to take 2 input files and create 1 output based on matches from each file. I am looking to match field #1 in both files (Userid) and create an output file that will be a combination of fields from both file1 and file2 if there are any differences in the fields 2,3,4,5,or 6. Below is an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ambroze
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check & use output of svcs command

Hello Dear Friends, I need to check output of svcs command and so the status of some instances. -bash-3.00$ svcs -a | grep rfe online Aug_04 svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_3:default online Aug_04 svc:/application/rfe/rfe_master_4:default as you can see there are two... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

If && command giving wrong output

Hi All, I am trying to run a script which will search for 2 strings(stopped,started) in a text file and echo an output depending on below condition -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.txt v ggg f -bash-3.2$ cat trial1.sh VAR9=` grep 'stopped' /tmp/trial1.txt` VAR10=` grep 'started'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srkmish
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux csh script going to Suspended (tty output) when running with & (bg)

i have strange behavior i have csh file that run java process something like this : run_server.csh #!/usr/bin/tcsh java -Dtest=testparam -cp ${TEST}/lib/device.jar:${TEST}/conf:${TEST}/lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar com.device.server when i run it like this :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Xalan & Xerces issues for Oracle Linux 6.6 & Solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux

Hi Team, I am facing issue while using Xalan & Xerces for my application. Below are my environment details i am using :- Platform:- Oracle Linux 6.6 Compiler :- solarisstudio12.3 C++ compiler for Linux Below are the versions of Xalan & Xerces source code used to build the shared object... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: agrachirag
0 Replies
ACTIVE(5)							File Formats Manual							 ACTIVE(5)

NAME
active, active.times - list of active Usenet newsgroups DESCRIPTION
The file /var/lib/news/active lists the newsgroups that the local site receives. Each newsgroup should be listed only once. Each line specifies one group; their order in the file does not matter. Within each newsgroup, articles are assigned unique names, which are mono- tonically increasing numbers. If an article is posted to newsgroups not mentioned in this file, those newsgroups are ignored. If no valid newsgroups are specified, the article is filed into the newsgroup ``junk'' and only propagated to sites that receive the ``junk'' newsgroup. Each line consists of four fields specified by a space: name himark lomark flags The first field is the name of the newsgroup. The second field is the highest article number that has been used in that newsgroup. The third field is the lowest article number in the group; this number is not guaranteed to be accurate, and should only be taken to be a hint. Note that because of article cancellations, there may be gaps in the numbering sequence. If the lowest article number is greater then the highest article number, then there are no articles in the newsgroup. In order to make it possible to update an entry in-place without rewriting the entire file, the second and third fields are padded out with leading zeros to make them a fixed width. The fourth field can contain one of the following flags: y Local postings are allowed n No local postings are allowed, only remote ones m The group is moderated and all postings must be approved j Articles in this group are not kept, but only passed on x Articles cannot be posted to this newsgroup =foo.bar Articles are locally filed into the ``foo.bar'' group If a newsgroup has the ``j'' flag, then no articles will be filed into that newsgroup and local postings to that group should not be gener- ated. If an article for such a newsgroup is received from a remote site, it will be filed into the ``junk'' newsgroup if it is not cross- posted. This is different from not having a newsgroup listed in the file because sites can subscribe to ``j'' newsgroups and the article will be propagated to them. If the fourth field of a newsgroup starts with an equal sign, then the newsgroup is an alias. Articles can be posted to the group, but will be treated as if they were posted to the group named after the equal sign. The second and third fields are ignored. Note that the Newsgroup header is not modified (Alias groups are typically used during a transition, and are typically created with ctlinnd(8)). An alias newsgroup should not point to another alias. The file /var/lib/news/active.times provides a chronological record of when newsgroups are created. This file is normally updated by innd(8) whenever a ctlinnd ``newgroup'' command is done. Each line consist of three fields: name time creator The first field is the name of the newsgroup. The second field is the time it was created, expressed as the number of seconds since the epoch -- i.e., a time_t; see gettimeofday(2). The third field is the electronic mail address of the person who created the group. HISTORY
Written by Rich $alz <rsalz@uunet.uu.net> for InterNetNews. This is revision 1.13, dated 1996/10/29. SEE ALSO
ctlinnd(8), innd(8). ACTIVE(5)