Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP the whole file structure
Operating Systems HP-UX FTP the whole file structure Post 302911318 by MadeInGermany on Thursday 31st of July 2014 06:46:40 AM
Old 07-31-2014
Get Norton Commander or Midnight Commander,
it handles FTP file system like native file systems - a recursive copy between them is one mouse click.
Did you try it with the Windows Explorer by using a ftp://server/folder location?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copying a Directory Structure to a new structure

Hi all Is it possible to copy a structure of a directory only. e.g. I have a file with the following entries that is a result of a find :- /dir1/dir2/file.dbf /dir1/dir2/dir3/file1.dbf /dir1/file.dbf I want to copy these to a directory and keep the structure however starting at a new dir... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhansrod
8 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file structure

Hi, Is there a command that can help me to determain a unix file structure ? Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yoavbe
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why cant i find my ftp directories in the unix structure

Hi, I'm new here so hello to everyone...i'm also new to linux/unix but got my first dedicated server about 2 weeks ago and have been using ssh to configure it on ubuntu linux. I have a question about something i can't work out....if i use ftp to transfer files ( php, html, javascript files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: elduderino
2 Replies

4. Programming

Search attributes in one structure using the values from another structure

Hello Groups I am trying to find out ways of comparing a value from a 'c' structure to a value in another 'C' structure. the 'C' structure can be a List or liked list as it contains lot many records. if we loop it in both the structures it is going to consume time. I am looking for a simple... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

File structure comparison

To test server migration, we need to compare files under a directory in source and target servers. I need to verify if the below two directories on two servers are identical (i.e., contains same directories and files with same size. They may have multiple level sub-directories) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishmaths
3 Replies

6. Programming

compare XML/flat file with UNIX file system structure

Before i start doing something, I wanted to know whether the approach to compare XML file with UNIX file system structure. I have a pre-configured file(contains a list of paths to executables) and i need to check against the UNIX directory structure. what are the various approches should i use ? I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

drop down structure in file

I have file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, d40 113, begum, d40 I want to group this file like this 120, rahim, d40 115, rahul, 113, begum, can any one help me on this thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: trichyselva
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

case structure in .sh file

Hi, while true do printf "$FBOLD\nPlease enter the minutes (0-59): $FREG" read MIN case "$MIN" in ||s) break 2;; *) echo "" echo "Invalid minutes, please try again.";; esac done In the above... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: milink
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Copy certain file types recursively while maintaining file structure on destination?

Hi guys, I have just been bothered by a fairly small issue for some time now. I am trying to search (using find -name) for some .jpg files recursively. This is a Redhat environment with bash. I get this job done though I need to copy ALL of them and put them in a separate folder BUT I also... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rockf1bull
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maintaining file structure

Hi guys, I am trying to store some output in a file and then compare it to another file. I am gathering information from 2 commands: cat /opt/jbin/server.log.tmp > A grep "ephemeral" /opt/jbin/log/server.log.2015-05-02-18 > B The contents of both file are the same. This means if I do a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies
tuxcmd(1)						      General Commands Manual							 tuxcmd(1)

NAME
tuxcmd - Tux Commander, a GTK2 based File Manager SYNOPSIS
tuxcmd [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the tuxcmd command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the orig- inal program does not have a manual page. Tux Commander is a GTK2 based two panel file manager. OPTIONS
Tux Commander follows the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --debug Enable debug messages --profile=<profilename> Use different configuration profile --delete-history Delete command-line, selection and search history (use in case of locale problems) --disable-gnome Don't loead GNOME libraries --disable-plugins Don't load VFS modules --left=<path> Start left panel at <path> --right=<path> Start right panel at <path> --lang=<language> Force GUI language (the string <language> is standard two-char language id --help Show a summary of options. SEE ALSO
Tux Commander has a website at http://tuxcmd.sourceforge.net/ which lists some of the key shortcuts. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Salvatore Bonaccorso <salvatore.bonaccorso@gmail.com> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). 07 Dec 2008 tuxcmd(1)