Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VXVM in POWERHA 6.1
Operating Systems AIX VXVM in POWERHA 6.1 Post 302911201 by ibmtech on Wednesday 30th of July 2014 01:51:06 PM
Old 07-30-2014
I am wondering why in the world are you using vxvm with HACMP? veritas has is own clustering software.

Since its not using native logical volume manager, I doubt it will work smoothly.

You may need to install some additional software packages for HACMP to undertake vxvm as its local LVM.

Best is open a call with IBM and ask them.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

strange route issue in powerha 5.4?

hi all we upgraded hacmp(powerha) from 5.2 to 5.4 recently . during the failover testing, we found a strange network issue. after standby node took service ip address (172.15.100.8) online at standby NIC, we were able to log in the standby node by telnet 172.15.100.8 which stays at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
1 Replies

2. AIX

PowerHA - assistant can't find network

I've configured multiple clusters using PowerHA 5.5, but never using the 'Two-node cluster configuration assistant'. I removed all the clusters, clean setup, and gave the assistant a try. I've filled in all the necessary options: Communication Path to Takeover Node Application Server ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koen87
11 Replies

3. AIX

PowerHA, same subnet for persistent and service ip

I am new in AIX and please forgive my poor english. I know that AIX allow same subnet IPs for different interfaces, which result in multipath routing / route striping. My question is, is there any best practice for the persistent and service IP with same subnet to stay on same interface, or... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: skeyeung
5 Replies

4. AIX

PowerHA Disk on VIO Server

Hello AIX GURU's Can anybody tell me the steps to crate shared VG (enhanced concurent) for my Lpars from VIO server? my questions are: 1. Should I crate Enhanced Concurent VG in VIO and map it using virtual Scsi to Lpar? or 2. Can I just create virtual SCSI in VIO and map to Lpar and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

5. AIX

PowerHA with 3rd node for communication

Looking to find PowerHA with 3rd node used for communication (voting node) only. Does anyone use such configuration with IBM products? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
2 Replies

6. AIX

PowerHA HACMP on VIOS servers

Few questions regarding Power HA ( previously known as HACMP) and VIOS POWERVM IVM ( IBM Virtualization I/O Server ) Is it possible to create HACMP cluster between two VIOS servers Physical Machine_1 VIOS_SERVER_1 LPAR_1 SHARED_DISK_XX VIOS_SERVER_2 Physical Machine_2 LPAR_2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
6 Replies

7. AIX

Powerha on AIX 6.1.9

hello ive installed powerha 7.1.3 on two servers aix 6.1.9 6100-09-03-1415 work with dmx4 EMC storgae. after sync cluster ( terminate with OK ) ive see that the repository disk upper only in one machine : hdiskpower60 00c7f6b59fc60d9d caavg_private active... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

8. AIX

PowerHA; Import flash copy of VG?

Hey guys, wondering if this is possible to accomplish. PowerHA SystemMirror7.1 active/passive cluster. Restored a clustered system in test and upgraded to the latest version of PowerHA. Things are working great. However in the interest of time during cut over to the new system, I was hoping to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
4 Replies

9. AIX

PowerHa 7.1 Migration check failed

Hello Guys, I was trying to upgrade the PowerHA from 6.1.0.9 to 7.1.3 in prod cluster. Have snapshot migration and run climgcheck. 1. Run climgcheck on node1(kul1pqcmur01) and it success 2. Upgrade the cluster sw 3. Run climgcheck on node2(kul1pqcmur02) and it failed with below errors ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: novaothers
6 Replies

10. AIX

Upgrading PowerHA from 7.1.0 to 7.1.3

Hi All, As per the IBM upgrade/support matrix IBM Techdocs Technote: PowerHA for AIX Version Compatibility Matrix we can't do online upgrade or rolling migration from powerha v7.1.0 to v7.1.3. on AIX61_TL9_SP4, So we are following the steps as below ... 1 ) Bring down the cluster 2 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
2 Replies
LVDISPLAY(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LVDISPLAY(8)

NAME
lvdisplay - display attributes of a logical volume SYNOPSIS
lvdisplay [-c|--colon] [-d|--debug] [-h|-?|--help] [--ignorelockingfailure] [--maps] [-P|--partial] [-v|--verbose] LogicalVolumePath [Logi- calVolumePath...] DESCRIPTION
lvdisplay allows you to see the attributes of a logical volume like size, read/write status, snapshot information etc. lvs (8) is an alternative that provides the same information in the style of ps (1). lvs is recommended over lvdisplay. OPTIONS
See lvm for common options. -c, --colon Generate colon separated output for easier parsing in scripts or programs. N.B. lvs (8) provides considerably more control over the output. The values are: * logical volume name * volume group name * logical volume access * logical volume status * internal logical volume number * open count of logical volume * logical volume size in sectors * current logical extents associated to logical volume * allocated logical extents of logical volume * allocation policy of logical volume * read ahead sectors of logical volume * major device number of logical volume * minor device number of logical volume -m, --maps Display the mapping of logical extents to physical volumes and physical extents. Examples "lvdisplay -v /dev/vg00/lvol2" shows attributes of that logical volume. If snapshot logical volumes have been created for this original logical volume, this command shows a list of all snapshot logical volumes and their status (active or inactive) as well. "lvdisplay /dev/vg00/snapshot" shows the attributes of this snapshot logical volume and also which original logical volume it is associated with. SEE ALSO
lvm(8), lvcreate(8), lvscan(8) Sistina Software UK LVM TOOLS 2.02.44-cvs (02-17-09) LVDISPLAY(8)