Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to control a null output in EMC storage? Post 302911087 by prodigy06 on Wednesday 30th of July 2014 03:02:30 AM
Old 07-30-2014
How to control a null output in EMC storage?

I dont want to print the output in a EMC VMAX storage if it says "The specified device was not found", however it is not letting me do it.

I am trying to run this command:
symaccess -sid xxxx list -type storage -devs 1234

output:
The specified device was not found

I just want the script to do nothing when it encounters this output but continue when it is not. Please help. Thanks.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing Null data in output

Hello all, I have a script that has an infile with system package information. For the most part the script is looking well. The only thing i need help is in testing for null entries and removing null data. #!/usr/bin/ksh for i in `cat /mwncps/bin/eco_pack` do NAME=`pkginfo -l |... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: liketheshell
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Documentation on connecting EMC storage to Solaris servers

Hi Can anyone suggest me some documents for EMC clarion documents which I am going to use in the servers with solaris environments. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ningy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

redirect the audio output to /dev/null

I'm using an text-to-speech synthesis in a script, and I need to redirect it's output to /dev/null how can I do that ? And how to redirect the stream to his normal output then (sound card ) ? thankx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firelink
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find Special/Null/Control Chars and Print Line Numbers

Hi All, This might be a basic question... I need to write a script to find all/any Speacial/Null/Control Chars and Print Line Numbers from an input file. Output something like Null Characters in File Name at : Line Numbers Line = Print the line Control Characters in File Name at : Line... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kevin Tivoli
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Connectivity to EMC x4 storage

Hi All! I have a two x6270 solaris 10, blade, connected to a EMC x4 storage appliance via fibre. I have little knowledge of veritasfile system, and EMC x4, storage device, but I found out that one DG is in shared mode. I need to split the configuration, to use only one server (blade). The EMC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fretagi
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Parsing null or empty output

I am working an some if then statements for a script. I want to be able to check for alpha characters or empty out put then exit out. if ]]; echo "Serial Number Invaild" then exit 3; How do I account if the output is empty or null in this in this statement. Many thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andysensible
6 Replies
shell(1F)							   FMLI Commands							 shell(1F)

NAME
shell - run a command using shell SYNOPSIS
shell command [command] ... DESCRIPTION
The shell function concatenate its arguments, separating each by a space, and passes this string to the shell ($SHELL if set, otherwise /usr/bin/sh). EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample output of shell command. Since the Form and Menu Language does not directly support background processing, the shell function can be used instead. `shell "build prog > /dev/null &"` If you want the user to continue to be able to interact with the application while the background job is running, the output of an exe- cutable run by shell in the background must be redirected: to a file if you want to save the output, or to /dev/null if you don't want to save it (or if there is no output), otherwise your application may appear to be hung until the background job finishes processing. shell can also be used to execute a command that has the same name as an FMLI built-in function. NOTES
The arguments to shell will be concatenate using spaces, which may or may not do what is expected. The variables set in local environments will not be expanded by the shell because "local" means "local to the current process." ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 shell(1F)