Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Foreach loop through subdirectories in csh Post 302910916 by MadeInGermany on Tuesday 29th of July 2014 04:20:41 AM
Old 07-29-2014
Please give the shebang (1st line) of your script!
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop

What am I doing wrong with this foreach loop? foreach var ($argv) @sum = $sum + $var (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haze21
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi Guys, I have a loop which uses a wildcard i.e. foreach f (*) but when I execute the tcsh file in unix then it gives me an error ->>>>>>>foreach: words not parenthesized<<<<<<<<<<- Any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abch624
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi everyone Does anyone know what is wrong with this script. i keep getting errors foreach filename (`cat testing1`) set string=$filename set depth=`echo "$string" echo $depth end the error is the following testing: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `(' testing: line 1:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach in csh

I have a foreach loop in a csh script and I noticed that it tries to find the files with the pattern *$searchpt* in the file name. I'm confused as I never specified checking for the files. foreach f ( *$searchpt* ) set fnew = `echo $f | awk -v searchpat=$searchpt \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop(Iterate) through List with foreach(csh)

Hey all,, I know cshell is harmful:) but I am using this just "to know" - for educational purposes!... not for a long-term use. lets say i have a list.. set arr=(x y z e f) I wanna iterate the list with foreach ,, not with while.!! foreach i $arr echo $i end does not work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop that skips the header line of a file (csh)

Hello all, I'm working on a foreach loop to compare a couple sets of data. However, each datafile includes a header row. I'm wondering if it is possible to tell the foreach loop to skip the first line of data. I've been using the basic code as follows: foreach line ("`file.csv`") set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meteorologistks
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Foreach loop, Needing help

I am trying to make a script for my Counter-Strike: Source servers. What i am wanting it to do is for it to restart each server, the only way i can think of doing this in through for each. Years what i have at the moment. server_start() { START=`ps x | grep SCREEN | grep $SRV | cut -d '?' -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahamn95
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop problem

Dear all, I wrote a script to download files and move files in directories according to their name. Now here is the problem: Both p101 and p360 data download successfully, but when I move them according to the year and month, only p101 data can be placed at the right location, p360,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach loop in csh

Hi everyone I'm new to unix and encountered a small problem i couldnt find out a reason why it doesn't work..please help.. in my csh script when i tried to use the foreach loop like this: foreach x ( ls ) echo $x end when i tried to run it, it printed out 'ls' to the std out instead of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach: Words not parenthesized. csh

Just started shell scripting for the first time today :D Can anyone tell me why I get the error "foreach: Words not parenthesized." for my following code? The program takes in a list of arguments. foreach card ($argv) echo Hello end (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkuebler
3 Replies
TAP::Parser::Source(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    TAP::Parser::Source(3)

NAME
TAP::Parser::Source - a TAP source & meta data about it VERSION
Version 3.28 SYNOPSIS
use TAP::Parser::Source; my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new; $source->raw( 'reference to raw TAP source' ) ->config( \%config ) ->merge( $boolean ) ->switches( @switches ) ->test_args( @args ) ->assemble_meta; do { ... } if $source->meta->{is_file}; # see assemble_meta for a full list of data available DESCRIPTION
A TAP source is something that produces a stream of TAP for the parser to consume, such as an executable file, a text file, an archive, an IO handle, a database, etc. "TAP::Parser::Source"s encapsulate these raw sources, and provide some useful meta data about them. They are used by TAP::Parser::SourceHandlers, which do whatever is required to produce & capture a stream of TAP from the raw source, and package it up in a TAP::Parser::Iterator for the parser to consume. Unless you're writing a new TAP::Parser::SourceHandler, a plugin or subclassing TAP::Parser, you probably won't need to use this module directly. METHODS
Class Methods "new" my $source = TAP::Parser::Source->new; Returns a new "TAP::Parser::Source" object. Instance Methods "raw" my $raw = $source->raw; $source->raw( $some_value ); Chaining getter/setter for the raw TAP source. This is a reference, as it may contain large amounts of data (eg: raw TAP). "meta" my $meta = $source->meta; $source->meta({ %some_value }); Chaining getter/setter for meta data about the source. This defaults to an empty hashref. See "assemble_meta" for more info. "has_meta" True if the source has meta data. "config" my $config = $source->config; $source->config({ %some_value }); Chaining getter/setter for the source's configuration, if any has been provided by the user. How it's used is up to you. This defaults to an empty hashref. See "config_for" for more info. "merge" my $merge = $source->merge; $source->config( $bool ); Chaining getter/setter for the flag that dictates whether STDOUT and STDERR should be merged (where appropriate). Defaults to undef. "switches" my $switches = $source->switches; $source->config([ @switches ]); Chaining getter/setter for the list of command-line switches that should be passed to the source (where appropriate). Defaults to undef. "test_args" my $test_args = $source->test_args; $source->config([ @test_args ]); Chaining getter/setter for the list of command-line arguments that should be passed to the source (where appropriate). Defaults to undef. "assemble_meta" my $meta = $source->assemble_meta; Gathers meta data about the "raw" source, stashes it in "meta" and returns it as a hashref. This is done so that the TAP::Parser::SourceHandlers don't have to repeat common checks. Currently this includes: is_scalar => $bool, is_hash => $bool, is_array => $bool, # for scalars: length => $n has_newlines => $bool # only done if the scalar looks like a filename is_file => $bool, is_dir => $bool, is_symlink => $bool, file => { # only done if the scalar looks like a filename basename => $string, # including ext dir => $string, ext => $string, lc_ext => $string, # system checks exists => $bool, stat => [ ... ], # perldoc -f stat empty => $bool, size => $n, text => $bool, binary => $bool, read => $bool, write => $bool, execute => $bool, setuid => $bool, setgid => $bool, sticky => $bool, is_file => $bool, is_dir => $bool, is_symlink => $bool, # only done if the file's a symlink lstat => [ ... ], # perldoc -f lstat # only done if the file's a readable text file shebang => $first_line, } # for arrays: size => $n, "shebang" Get the shebang line for a script file. my $shebang = TAP::Parser::Source->shebang( $some_script ); May be called as a class method "config_for" my $config = $source->config_for( $class ); Returns "config" for the $class given. Class names may be fully qualified or abbreviated, eg: # these are equivalent $source->config_for( 'Perl' ); $source->config_for( 'TAP::Parser::SourceHandler::Perl' ); If a fully qualified $class is given, its abbreviated version is checked first. AUTHORS
Steve Purkis. SEE ALSO
TAP::Object, TAP::Parser, TAP::Parser::IteratorFactory, TAP::Parser::SourceHandler perl v5.16.3 2013-05-02 TAP::Parser::Source(3)