Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Foreach loop through subdirectories in csh Post 302910878 by saleheen on Monday 28th of July 2014 05:56:35 PM
Old 07-28-2014
No, that's the same script :/

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop

What am I doing wrong with this foreach loop? foreach var ($argv) @sum = $sum + $var (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haze21
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi Guys, I have a loop which uses a wildcard i.e. foreach f (*) but when I execute the tcsh file in unix then it gives me an error ->>>>>>>foreach: words not parenthesized<<<<<<<<<<- Any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abch624
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi everyone Does anyone know what is wrong with this script. i keep getting errors foreach filename (`cat testing1`) set string=$filename set depth=`echo "$string" echo $depth end the error is the following testing: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `(' testing: line 1:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach in csh

I have a foreach loop in a csh script and I noticed that it tries to find the files with the pattern *$searchpt* in the file name. I'm confused as I never specified checking for the files. foreach f ( *$searchpt* ) set fnew = `echo $f | awk -v searchpat=$searchpt \ ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to loop(Iterate) through List with foreach(csh)

Hey all,, I know cshell is harmful:) but I am using this just "to know" - for educational purposes!... not for a long-term use. lets say i have a list.. set arr=(x y z e f) I wanna iterate the list with foreach ,, not with while.!! foreach i $arr echo $i end does not work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eawedat
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop that skips the header line of a file (csh)

Hello all, I'm working on a foreach loop to compare a couple sets of data. However, each datafile includes a header row. I'm wondering if it is possible to tell the foreach loop to skip the first line of data. I've been using the basic code as follows: foreach line ("`file.csv`") set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meteorologistks
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Using the Foreach loop, Needing help

I am trying to make a script for my Counter-Strike: Source servers. What i am wanting it to do is for it to restart each server, the only way i can think of doing this in through for each. Years what i have at the moment. server_start() { START=`ps x | grep SCREEN | grep $SRV | cut -d '?' -f... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahamn95
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop problem

Dear all, I wrote a script to download files and move files in directories according to their name. Now here is the problem: Both p101 and p360 data download successfully, but when I move them according to the year and month, only p101 data can be placed at the right location, p360,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handsonzhao
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

foreach loop in csh

Hi everyone I'm new to unix and encountered a small problem i couldnt find out a reason why it doesn't work..please help.. in my csh script when i tried to use the foreach loop like this: foreach x ( ls ) echo $x end when i tried to run it, it printed out 'ls' to the std out instead of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ymc1g11
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach: Words not parenthesized. csh

Just started shell scripting for the first time today :D Can anyone tell me why I get the error "foreach: Words not parenthesized." for my following code? The program takes in a list of arguments. foreach card ($argv) echo Hello end (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkuebler
3 Replies
Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures					    Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_AllowExceptions - allow all exceptions in next script evaluation SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> Tcl_AllowExceptions(interp) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter in which script will be evaluated. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
If a script is evaluated at top-level (i.e. no other scripts are pending evaluation when the script is invoked), and if the script termi- nates with a completion code other than TCL_OK, TCL_ERROR or TCL_RETURN, then Tcl normally converts this into a TCL_ERROR return with an appropriate message. The particular script evaluation procedures of Tcl that act in the manner are Tcl_EvalObjEx, Tcl_EvalObjv, Tcl_Eval, Tcl_EvalEx, Tcl_GlobalEval, Tcl_GlobalEvalObj, Tcl_VarEval and Tcl_VarEvalVA. However, if Tcl_AllowExceptions is invoked immediately before calling one of those a procedures, then arbitrary completion codes are per- mitted from the script, and they are returned without modification. This is useful in cases where the caller can deal with exceptions such as TCL_BREAK or TCL_CONTINUE in a meaningful way. KEYWORDS
continue, break, exception, interpreter Tcl 7.4 Tcl_AllowExceptions(3)