Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Logging the memory consumed by a process with c/C++ without using proc Post 302910774 by Manisha Paul on Monday 28th of July 2014 05:30:31 AM
Old 07-28-2014
Logging the memory consumed by a process with c/C++ without using proc

I need to log the size of physical/virtual memory consumed by any given given process using c/c++ code running on solaris and aix without using the proc filesystem. Please advise.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

1. To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time

hello I am new to the UNIX I want to know what command is used 1.To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time . 2.To know the How many CPU's in a server. 3.To know the RAM size. 4.To know the Hard Disk size. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshkoushik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

the amount of memory consumed per user

Hi, under UNIX AIX how determine the amount of memory consumed per user ? Many thanks before. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

3. Programming

serializing logging output mult. proc. inst deamon

Hello, i have an interresting topic today C++ on solaris. lgpl stuff applicable. My program is a deamon process wich takes input from network, then processes the data, and outputs reformatted to network. We're generating a lot of logging output. the logging is absolutely unbuffered at the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: heck
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Order process by consumed memory

Hi! I am new to HP-UX. :o By using the command glance, I found the user memory usage was very high. I would like to know is there any command can show the process which consume most available memory ? (Just like the command top, but order by memory, not CPU) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alfredo
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most time consumed process

Hi All, I have a simple question on unix command. Here, I need to find the most time consumed process running at present in my HP -UX server. Though it is possible through top command but to redirect the output I want the same done through some command like ps -aef. Also I need the user who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I obtain the consumed memory of a process?

Hi!!! how can I obtain the consumed memory of a process? nowadays i'm using ps -efo pid, pmem, comm,args .... but the information is in percentage, is that correct? so, i want to know how can obtain the consumed memory of a process in mb? thanks in advance! Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcrutz_18
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

does the pid of background process show in /proc?

Hi all, I'm reading <advanced bash scripting> and there is a example to kill a background process in a limited time,as shown below: #! /bin/bash #set -n TIMEOUT=$1 count=0 hanging_jobs & { while ((count < TIMEOUT));do eval ' && ((count = TIMEOUT))' ((count++)) sleep 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: homeboy
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for logging cpu and memory usage of a Linux process

I am looking for a way to log and graphically display cpu and RAM usage of linux processes over time. Since I couldn't find a simple tool to so (I tried zabbix and munin but installation failed) I started writing a shell script to do so The script file parses the output of top command through... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andy_dufresne
2 Replies

9. AIX

Process, PID and total memory consumed on AIX.

Hi, Below is the code snippet I use on Linux (Centos) to retrieve the Process Name, PID and memory consumed on Linux (Centos) host:- top -b -n 1 | awk -v date="$tdydate" -v ip="$ip" 'NR>7 {print date","ip","$12,","$1,","$10}' Any idea how the same can be retrieved on an AIX host? This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to check memory used or consumed by OS kernel

I am trying to check how much memory is consumed by OS Kernel using below command, Is this the correct command that I'm using grep Slab /proc/meminfo Output : Slab: 3106824 kB IF I convert KB to GB, It means 2.9 GB of RAM is consumed Below details for reference ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)