Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Is my iptables fine?
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Is my iptables fine? Post 302910759 by ajax20 on Monday 28th of July 2014 04:03:05 AM
Old 07-28-2014
Thanks

Hi Smiling Dragon

Thanks for the neat explanation. Actually, I have installed CSF now it seems to kind of automatically write iptables rules and add rules to it. It is not flawless, but for me it is good enough for now.

Thanks again.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

which linux products is used(fine) to me ?

which linux products is used(fine) to me ? I am learning linux now ,and a new memeber of linux ,hoping to know it more . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsxymn
4 Replies

2. IP Networking

recv() not workin fine.....

hi ! In my program I have a structure as shown below: struct data { int a; char *b; long c; }str; i have assigned the following values to it: strcpy(str.b,"John"); str.a=10; str.c=123435; The client is tryin to send struct data to the server using send(sock,(char *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works fine until I | more

Hello all, This beats me. I have a script that executes some commands and redirects their output to some text files that I will parse. The commands are along the lines of: dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=admin -outfile=/home/tools/qlog.txt q log f=d If I just run the script it works. If I execute... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Skovian
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

NAWK Script not working fine

Hello to all can any one help me out with a nawk script. Actually i am having a shell script which uses nawk pattern searching and it is not parsing the file properly. I have been debugging it since long time, but nt able 2 find the root cause.. If any one can help me out with this one .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dheeraj19584
3 Replies

5. AIX

fine grained audit control

I'm working with the audit system on aix 5.1 and 5.3 . But after lots of googling and RTFM, I can't figure out how to audit all files in a given directory rather than specifying each file individually like /etc. And how can I exclude a directory such as /var/tmp so I don't get records for every... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaporlock
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to know whether my perodic thread is working fine

Dear All, I am using xenomai-2.4 along with linux kernel 2.6 In my application having following threads. 8ms perodic thread (RT TASK) 1ms perodic thread(RT TASK) 16ms perodic thread(RT TASK) 256ms perodic thread(RT TASK) 22 - pthread are condition based it may execute or else in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajamohan
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script runs fine, but not in a cron

Okay, I have the following script that runs fine from a command line as well as an executable .sh file. It just moves any file/folder with movie* in the name to a folder called _Movies. The issue I'm running into is when it's call from a cron. find /mnt/HD_a2/BT/complete -iname "movie.*" -exec... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sammyk
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script works fine but not with crontab

Hello All, This is driving me nuts. Wrote a very simple script (it's in csh so sorry about that). Just something very simple though. Here is the catch. Works great from command line sometimes. Other times it runs no errors or anything but I never receive an email. Never runs from crontab... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacktay
6 Replies
IPTABLES-APPLY(8)						  iptables 1.6.1						 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)

NAME
iptables-apply - a safer way to update iptables remotely SYNOPSIS
iptables-apply [-hV] [-t timeout] [-w savefile] {[rulesfile]|-c [runcmd]} DESCRIPTION
iptables-apply will try to apply a new rulesfile (as output by iptables-save, read by iptables-restore) or run a command to configure iptables and then prompt the user whether the changes are okay. If the new iptables rules cut the existing connection, the user will not be able to answer affirmatively. In this case, the script rolls back to the previous working iptables rules after the timeout expires. Successfully applied rules can also be written to savefile and later used to roll back to this state. This can be used to implement a store last good configuration mechanism when experimenting with an iptables setup script: iptables-apply -w /etc/network/iptables.up.rules -c /etc/network/iptables.up.run When called as ip6tables-apply, the script will use ip6tables-save/-restore and IPv6 default values instead. Default value for rulesfile is '/etc/network/iptables.up.rules'. OPTIONS
-t seconds, --timeout seconds Sets the timeout in seconds after which the script will roll back to the previous ruleset (default: 10). -w savefile, --write savefile Specify the savefile where successfully applied rules will be written to (default if empty string is given: /etc/network/iptables.up.rules). -c runcmd, --command runcmd Run command runcmd to configure iptables instead of applying a rulesfile (default: /etc/network/iptables.up.run). -h, --help Display usage information. -V, --version Display version information. SEE ALSO
iptables-restore(8), iptables-save(8), iptables(8). LEGALESE
Original iptables-apply - Copyright 2006 Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net>. Version 1.1 - Copyright 2010 GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. This manual page was written by Martin F. Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> and extended by GW <gw.2010@tnode.com or http://gw.tnode.com/>. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. iptables 1.6.1 IPTABLES-APPLY(8)