Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Ssh connection broke after patching Post 302910729 by Smiling Dragon on Sunday 27th of July 2014 06:45:15 PM
Old 07-27-2014
Which identity file do you want to use here, you've got three in play which is making it harder to diagnose. Try either removing the ones you don't need, or explicitly selecting (ssh config or -i flag) the one you want. Also try connecting to a daemon running with the -d flag on a different port so you can see the server's end of the conversation.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

SSH broke and network traffic / talking issue between hosts and server

Ok Time warner cable / voip modem feeding Cisco PIX 501 Wan port from PIX 501 LAN port to WAN port on Linksys wrt54GL wireless router. so -->Modem-->PIX 501-->WRT54GL-->Linux Server, wireless desktop, wireless laptop (2), Wireless MAC Pro, Wireless Apple TV, Wireless printer. my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tedeansiii
0 Replies

2. Solaris

ssh login issue after patching

Hi Everybody, Recently i applied patch cluster dated (2009.11.03) for solaris 10 sparc machine(Generic_138888-06) I successfully applied and rebooted the machine , no errors received. But after patching it was not allowing me to login through ssh while telnet was working fine.Logs showed me ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: laxmikant
11 Replies

3. Solaris

Slow ssh connection after patching

I have Solaris-10 server which was patched by patch cluster last weekend. After patching, it connects slow with other server. Meaning, when I do - ssh server2 OR ssh wluser2@server2 OR ssh root@server2 It waits for 9-10 seconds and then prompt for password, while it used to be instant... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

Ssh connection

hi, I have ssh connection between two servers for a functional Id for SFTP purpose. I aim is to setup this for is only work when below command is used by a .ksh script. ssh userid@servername:/directory Unfortunately users who have access to functional id are manually using above command... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maddy26615
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How keep running a program n an another computer via a connection ssh when the connection is closed?

Hi everybody, I am running a program on a supercomputer via my personal computer through a ssh connection. My program take more than a day to run, so when I left work with my PC I stop the connection with the supercomputer and the program stop. I am wondering if someone know how I can manage... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TomTomGre
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection-less using ssh

Hi! I know its a recurring problem, but I am failing to sort this out, I have two servers ( A and B), in which I am able to connect without having to put password from server B to server A, but the connect from server A to server B. takes 7 minutes to establish??? on Server A, I have the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP broke after patching

Greetings...My first post here... I am facing issue on a x86 Solaris server, running on VMWare. We have to install latest patch cluster. I took a snapshot (on VMWare side), so we have backup copy. Downloaded and installed latest patch cluster. Post patching, I am not able to login on server with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
3 Replies

8. BSD

Connection SSH to remote by ssh

Hello guys! I am setting up a script to access a unix remote server. My problem is that when I put the ssh line "my host", the script does not wait for the server response asking for the password to execute the line in which I put the password, that is, I need to put a form in which script has a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aroucasp
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ssh script to validate ssh connection to multiple serves with status

Hi, I want to validate ssh connection one after one for multiple servers..... password less keys already setup but now i want to validate if ssh is working fine or not... I have .sh script like below and i have servers.txt contains all the list of servers #/bin/bash for host in $(cat... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreeram4
3 Replies
svnserve(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       svnserve(8)

NAME
svnserve - Server for the 'svn' repository access method SYNOPSIS
svnserve [options] DESCRIPTION
svnserve allows access to Subversion repositories using the svn network protocol. It can both run as a standalone server process, or it can run out of inetd. You must choose a mode of operation when you start svnserve. The following options are recognized: -d, --daemon Causes svnserve to run in daemon mode. svnserve backgrounds itself and accepts and serves TCP/IP connections on the svn port (3690, by default). --listen-port=port Causes svnserve to listen on port when run in daemon mode. --listen-host=host Causes svnserve to listen on the interface specified by host, which may be either a hostname or an IP address. --foreground When used together with -d, this option causes svnserve to stay in the foreground. This option is mainly useful for debugging. -i, --inetd Causes svnserve to use the stdin/stdout file descriptors, as is appropriate for a daemon running out of inetd. -h, --help Displays a usage summary and exits. --version Print svnserve's version and the repository filesystem back-end(s) a particular svnserve supports. -r root, --root=root Sets the virtual root for repositories served by svnserve. The pathname in URLs provided by the client will be interpreted relative to this root, and will not be allowed to escape this root. -R --read-only Force all write operations through this svnserve instance to be forbidden, overriding all other access policy configuration. Do not use this option to set general repository access policy - that is what the conf/svnserve.conf repository configuration file is for. This option should be used only to restrict access via a certain method of invoking svnserve - for example, to allow write access via SSH, but not via a svnserve daemon, or to create a restricted SSH key which is only capable of read access. -t, --tunnel Causes svnserve to run in tunnel mode, which is just like the inetd mode of operation (serve one connection over stdin/stdout) except that the connection is considered to be pre-authenticated with the username of the current uid. This flag is selected by the client when running over a tunnel agent. --tunnel-user=username When combined with --tunnel, overrides the pre-authenticated username with the supplied username. This is useful in combination with the ssh authorized_key file's "command" directive to allow a single system account to be used by multiple committers, each having a distinct ssh identity. -T, --threads When running in daemon mode, causes svnserve to spawn a thread instead of a process for each connection. The svnserve process still backgrounds itself at startup time. --config-file=filename When specified, svnserve reads filename once at program startup and caches the svnserve configuration and any passwords and authoriza- tion configuration referenced from filename. svnserve will not read any per-repository conf/svnserve.conf files when this option is used. See the svnserve.conf(5) man page for details of the file format for this option. --pid-file=filename When specified, svnserve will write its process ID to filename. -X, --listen-once Causes svnserve to accept one connection on the svn port, serve it, and exit. This option is mainly useful for debugging. Unless the --config-file option was specified on the command line, once the client has selected a repository by transmitting its URL, svnserve reads a file named conf/svnserve.conf in the repository directory to determine repository-specific settings such as what authenti- cation database to use and what authorization policies to apply. See the svnserve.conf(5) man page for details of that file format. SEE ALSO
svnserve.conf(5) svnserve(8)