Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Facing problem in configuring syslog server in Solaris Post 302910722 by achenle on Sunday 27th of July 2014 05:41:49 PM
Old 07-27-2014
Is there anything listening on port 514 on the target system?
Code:
netstat -an | grep 514

If not, that's your problem. See "man syslogd".

Read here, too:

The Blog of Ben Rockwood

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on configuring LDAP server on solaris

HI All I need help to understand how the ldap works in Solaris 9 & Solaris 10. Kindly provide me some helpful commands related to LDAP Regards Jagan (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaganblore
2 Replies

2. Infrastructure Monitoring

Facing problem while configuring snmp

HI, I am facing these two errors while configuring snmp can any body guide me. vi /var/log/snmpd.log Error opening specified endpoint "udp:161" Server Exiting with code 1 i also tried bash-3.00# netstat -a | grep snm *.snmpd Idle bash-3.00# lsof -i :161 bash: lsof: command not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir1785
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Facing problem while doing FTp to solaris server

Hi All, I am facing problem while doing FTp to solaris server through Windows XP machine. showing msg as follows 220 matrix FTP server ready. User (*.*.*.*:(none)): Sun 331 Password required for Sun. Password: 530 Login incorrect. Login failed. ftp> bye also while doing vi or... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunray
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Facing Issue after configuring logrotate

Hi, I have a logrotate configuration which rotates a log every night 1 min before midnight, but somehow its not working and unfortunately not showing any error message as well. Sharing the code for the cron job as well as the conf file, I am using, if some one coule help me..whats wrong with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neeryan
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

Configuring SYSLOG Server

Hello, I have successfully configured a syslog server on Centos 5.7, I have to add few clients which are CISCO switches - can someone suggest how should I configure on SYSLOG server, so the each client's log messages should go to different location on syslog server not a default location... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
9 Replies

6. Solaris

Facing problem with installing CF engine software in solaris 10

Dear experts, I am using solaris 10 OS.I am installing CF engine software in the server while doing so ,i am getting following error checking for BerkeleyDB location in default... configure: error: >> Cannot find BerkeleyDB I am installing the Berkely DB 5.3.I am strugging... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Problem in Configuring kerberos Server on HPUX

Hi, I am getting this error during kerberos server setup in HPUX 11.31 : kdb_create: unknown LDAP backend error while adding master entry to the database ps -ef|grep ldap root 3905 1 0 13:11:36 ? 0:00 /opt/ldapux/bin/ldapclientd Unable to find out the meaning of this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amit Kulkarni
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Configuring Centralized Solaris Server to Receive Syslogs

Hello, I am new to Solaris. However, I was able to configure the Syslog server on Solaris. I am using a windows client to send logs to my Solaris syslog server. this is working fine. however, I have 23 servers which are sending their logs to the syslog server and it is very difficult to read all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravmohun
2 Replies

9. SuSE

Facing issue configuring network

Please let me know how to configure network in suse Linux, I have configured the network using ifup and network manager, it is not giving any error but not working, using suse Linux 11.0 sp3 I have checked network connectivity is working. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
0 Replies
BLAZE-ADD(1)						    BlazeBlogger Documentation						      BLAZE-ADD(1)

NAME
blaze-add - adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository SYNOPSIS
blaze-add [-pqCPV] [-b directory] [-E editor] [-a author] [-d date] [-t title] [-k keywords] [-T tags] [-u url] [file...] blaze-add -h|-v DESCRIPTION
blaze-add adds a blog post or a page to the BlazeBlogger repository. If a file is supplied, it adds the content of that file, otherwise an external text editor is opened for you. Note that there are several special forms and placeholders that can be used in the text, and that will be replaced with a proper data when the blog is generated. Special Forms <!-- break --> A mark to delimit a blog post synopsis. Placeholders %root% A relative path to the root directory of the blog. %home% A relative path to the index page of the blog. %page[id]% A relative path to a page with the supplied id. %post[id]% A relative path to a blog post with the supplied id. %tag[name]% A relative path to a tag with the supplied name. OPTIONS
-b directory, --blogdir directory Allows you to specify a directory in which the BlazeBlogger repository is placed. The default option is a current working directory. -E editor, --editor editor Allows you to specify an external text editor. When supplied, this option overrides the relevant configuration option. -t title, --title title Allows you to specify the title of a blog post or page. -a author, --author author Allows you to specify the author of a blog post or page. -d date, --date date Allows you to specify the date of publishing of a blog post or page. -k keywords, --keywords keywords Allows you to specify a comma-separated list of keywords attached to a blog post or page. -T tags, --tags tags Allows you to supply a comma-separated list of tags attached to a blog post. -u url, --url url Allows you to specify the url of a blog post or page. Allowed characters are letters, numbers, hyphens, and underscores. -p, --page, --pages Tells blaze-add to add a page or pages. -P, --post, --posts Tells blaze-add to add a blog post or blog posts. This is the default option. -C, --no-processor Disables processing a blog post or page with an external application. For example, if you use Markdown to convert the lightweight markup language to the valid HTML output, this will enable you to write this particular post in plain HTML directly. -q, --quiet Disables displaying of unnecessary messages. -V, --verbose Enables displaying of all messages. This is the default option. -h, --help Displays usage information and exits. -v, --version Displays version information and exits. ENVIRONMENT
EDITOR Unless the core.editor option is set, BlazeBlogger tries to use system-wide settings to decide which editor to use. EXAMPLE USAGE
Write a new blog post in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add Add a new blog post from a file: ~]$ blaze-add new_packages.txt Successfully added the post with ID 10. Write a new page in an external text editor: ~]$ blaze-add -p Write a new page in nano: ~]$ blaze-add -p -E nano SEE ALSO
blaze-init(1), blaze-config(1), blaze-edit(1), blaze-remove(1), blaze-make(1) BUGS
To report a bug or to send a patch, please, add a new issue to the bug tracker at <http://code.google.com/p/blazeblogger/issues/>, or visit the discussion group at <http://groups.google.com/group/blazeblogger/>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2011 Jaromir Hradilek This program is free software; see the source for copying conditions. It is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Version 1.2.0 2012-03-05 BLAZE-ADD(1)