Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Assign a process to a core on start Post 302910718 by achenle on Sunday 27th of July 2014 04:48:29 PM
Old 07-27-2014
man psrset

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting core id, physical id of running process

Hi All, I need a help. I need to know: 1. the individual core id, physical id of a running process on multicore inside a program. The system file /proc/cpuinfo shows all the ids of all the processes. But I need to know runtime, what exact core id and physical id , the running process has.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: debrajde
0 Replies

3. Solaris

coreadm diasble a process from core dumping

Hello All Is it possible to disable a specific process from core dumping ? In my environment I have 2 bespoke application processes which needs to be stopped from core dumping but any other process should be allowed to core dump. If I do : coreadm -d process it will stop all per processes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: baner_n
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to force core dump of a process

We have an application that terminates with segmentation violation errors in the logs. No source code is available since this is a third party software that is way past its maintenance life cycle. Under these circumstances is there a way to force a core dump of the process for further analysis?? ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Un1xNewb1e
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script - How to automatically start another process when the previous process ends?

Hi all, I'm doing automation task for my team and I just started to learn unix scripting so please shed some light on how to do this: 1) I have 2 sets of datafiles - datafile A and B. These datafiles must be loaded subsequently and cannot be loaded concurrently. 2) So I loaded datafile A... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: luna_soleil
10 Replies

6. Programming

how to monitor the child process on which cpu core

Hi all. Sorry to express my questions wrongly in my early post,I repost my question again here. My pc has dual core, I wirte an application with two process, parents process and child process. My quetion is how to realize :if the child process is on core 0,it will tell me I'm on core 0,if it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to start background process and then kill process

What I need to learn is how to use a script that launches background processes, and then kills those processes as needed. The script successfully launches the script. But how do I check to see if the job exists before I kill it? I know my problem is mostly failure to understand parameter... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: holocene
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Process does not dump any core files when crashed even if coredumpsize is unlimited

Hello Im using redhat and try to debug my application , its crashes and in strace I also see it has problems , but I can't see any core dump I configured all the limit ( im using .cshrc ) and it looks like this : cputime unlimited filesize unlimited datasize unlimited... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the process/thread running on which core

I use top -H -p 1256 to show process 1256, and then press "f" then press "j" to display it is running on which core, is there a better mothed, I want to be automated to get this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Core Dump of a process in Red Hat Linux 5.9

Hello All, I am new joiner of this forum.I am new to Linux shell scripting. At present I have identified 1 application which stalls very frequently (PID is say xyz) and I am not having much information in its application log to identify the root cause of stalling. I need to take the core dump... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan Ganguly
19 Replies
gcore(1)                                                           User Commands                                                          gcore(1)

NAME
gcore - get core images of running processes SYNOPSIS
gcore [-pgF] [-o filename] [-c content] process-id... DESCRIPTION
The gcore utility creates a core image of each specified process. By default, the name of the core image file for the process whose process ID is process-id will be core.process-id. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -c content Produces core image files with the specified content. The content description uses the same tokens as in coreadm(1M). The -c option does not apply to cores produced due to the -p or -g flags. -F Force. Grabs the target process even if another process has control. -g Produces core image files in the global core file repository with the global content as configured by coreadm(1M). The com- mand will fail if the user does not have permissions to the global core file repository. -o filename Substitutes filename in place of core as the first part of the name of the core image files. filename can contain the same tokens to be expanded as the paths in coreadm(1M). -p Produces a core image file in the process-specific location with the process-specific content for each process as config- ured by coreadm(1M). The command will fail if the user does not have permissions to the per-process core file repository. OPERANDS
The following operand is supported: process-id process ID EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 On success. non-zero On failure, such as non-existent process ID. FILES
core.process-id core images ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWtoo | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ Command Syntax is Evolving. Output Format(s) are Unstable. SEE ALSO
kill(1), coreadm(1M), setrlimit(2), core(4), proc(4), attributes(5) NOTES
gcore is unaffected by the setrlimit(2) system call using the RLIMIT_CORE value. SunOS 5.10 11 Feb 2004 gcore(1)