Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Local Network Speed
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Local Network Speed Post 302910707 by hicksd8 on Sunday 27th of July 2014 02:24:08 PM
Old 07-27-2014
You are welcome Sir!

I feel compelled to congratulate you on the right way to ask a question on this forum.

You gave the background, the O/S, the hardware, the observations, and what you were trying to achieve.

It makes it easy for us all to give a straight answer to a straight question.

So often others fail to give sufficient information, but you did it exactly right my friend.

I'll mark this as solved.

Last edited by hicksd8; 07-28-2014 at 07:08 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Speed of network link

Sorry to keep bothering you guys like this with all these boring, related questions. But here's one that should be more readily answerable. What command or file should i use to get the speed/data rate of a network link? This is the capacity speed for instance 10Mbps or 100 Mbps in the case of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mint1981
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network speed is slow

Hello, everyone: i encounter a problem these days , pls help me ,thanks in advance. my env: machine: ES40 A ES40 B os: true64 Unix 4.0f note: src.tar 8M network card speed 100M my problem: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: q30
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

Network speed on HPUX

Hello, can anyone tell me how to change network speed or duplex speed...don't understand the concept why that is imp when the server comes back up to check up on it. Basically have to make sure that the setting from the orginial speed. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: catwomen
2 Replies

4. IP Networking

network speed not tale with the port setting

Hi all, one of my Sun Box facing the problem. The network port i had set to Auto-Negotiated and i had edited the /etc/system/ file in the Sun box as below: set hme:hme_adv_autoneg_cap=1 set hme:hme_adv_100fdx_cap=0 set hme:hme_adv_100hdx_cap=0 But when i checked the /var/adm/messages/, it... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AirWalker83
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Change speed on network card

I recently learned that Sun Solaris network cards (ce devices) have problems with ndd -get commands. I did some searching and found out about the netstat -k command to show me the link speed. What is the best way to change the link speed (both one time and permanently)? I am running Solaris 9... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: hshapiro
7 Replies

6. IP Networking

ssh server is attachable from local network not from another network

hello i have a ubuntu ssh server that i can acess from any of my comnputers but only if they are on the same wireless network as the server. i tested trhis my tehtehring my samsung blackjack to my windows partition and installing openssh to windows it works when windows is on the wireless but no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old noob
1 Replies

7. Solaris

network speed

i have first server (sun solaris 5.10) for example X(172.x.x.x) and i have second server (sun solaris 5.10) for example Y(192.x.x.x) also we have 3 clients PC (windows XP)(172.x.x.x) the X server connect to Y server and to clients PC * who to know the network speed between X and Y * who to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anwar
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

Local network?

I have two PCs, witch have Linux Ubuntu. I want to connect those computers by a local network, but I know right anything about the network. I have a modem (not router) and a router that i don't use. The desktop pc have 2 network cards. (eth0 eth1). The modem is on eth1. Anyone help me!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to see network speed of virtual linux machine?

After installing PV (Para virtual drivers) drivers I m not able to check the network speed of my Ethernet port. Please check the output of mii-tool and ethtool. # mii-tool eth0 SIOCGMIIPHY on 'eth0' failed: Operation not supported # ethtool eth0 Settings for eth0: Link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
2 Replies

10. Hardware

How to test the speed of your WIFI network?

Dear all, Would you know how to measure the max speed of a WIFI connection between a router and a laptop for instance? Many thanks for your help! Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: freddie50
3 Replies
QUIZ(6) 							 BSD Games Manual							   QUIZ(6)

NAME
quiz -- random knowledge tests SYNOPSIS
quiz [-t] [-i file] [question answer] DESCRIPTION
The quiz utility tests your knowledge of random facts. It has a database of subjects from which you can choose. With no arguments, quiz displays the list of available subjects. The options are as follows: -t Use tutorial mode, in which questions are repeated later if you didn't get them right the first time, and new questions are presented less frequently to help you learn the older ones. -i Specify an alternative index file. Subjects are divided into categories. You can pick any two categories from the same subject. quiz will ask questions from the first cate- gory and it expects answers from the second category. For example, the command ``quiz victim killer'' asks questions which are the names of victims, and expects you to answer with the cause of their untimely demise, whereas the command ``quiz killer victim'' works the other way around. If you get the answer wrong, quiz lets you try again. To see the right answer, enter a blank line. Index and Data File Syntax The index and data files have a similar syntax. Lines in them consist of several categories separated by colons. The categories are regular expressions formed using the following meta-characters: pat|pat alternative patterns {pat} optional pattern [pat] delimiters, as in pat[pat|pat]pat In an index file, each line represents a subject. The first category in each subject is the pathname of the data file for the subject. The remaining categories are regular expressions for the titles of each category in the subject. In data files, each line represents a question/answer set. Each category is the information for the question/answer for that category. The backslash character (``'') is used to quote syntactically significant characters, or at the end of a line to signify that a continuation line follows. If either a question or its answer is empty, quiz will refrain from asking it. FILES
/usr/share/games/quiz The default index and data files. BUGS
quiz is pretty cynical about certain subjects. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD