Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to copy a directory without specific files? Post 302910695 by reddyr on Sunday 27th of July 2014 11:19:22 AM
Old 07-27-2014
How to copy a directory without specific files?

Hi

I need to copy a huge directory with thousands of files onto another directory but without *.WMV files (and without *.wmv - perhaps we need to use *.[wW][mM][vV]).

Pls advise how can I do that.

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

To copy the files newer than specific date

Dear all, Can you help me in copying files newer than speciifc date Thanks in advance, Rajesh (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAJESHKANNA
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively copy only specific files from a directory tree

Hi I am a shell-script newbie and am looking to synchronize certain files in two directory structures. Both these directory-trees are in CVS and so I dont want the CVS directory to be copied over. I want only .sh and .pl files in each subdirectory under these directory trees to be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharpsharkrocks
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurence of a specific word

Hello, I have several files in a specific directory. A specific string in one file can occur in another files. If this string is in other files. Then all the files in which this string occured should be deleted and only 1 file should remain with the string. Example. file1 ShortName "Blue... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: premier_de
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specific files when you don't know the file name?

I hope this isn't as silly as it sounds from the title of the thread. I have software that outputs files where the name starts with a real number followed by underscore as a prefix to an input file name. These will list in the directory with the file with the smallest real number prefix as the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy specific files and count them - not as easy as it seems!

Hi all: Here's my dilemma: to identify files of a specific type, copy them to a new location while preserving the original file attributes (date, time, full path, etc), and at the same time capture the count of the number of files identified as a variable for later reporting. Here's where I... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yamaha Evans
9 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unable to copy files due to many files in directory

I have directory that has some billion file inside , i tried copy some files for specific date but it's always did not respond for long time and did not give any result.. i tried everything with find command and also with xargs.. even this command find . -mtime -2 -print | xargs ls -d did not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: before4
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy the files in directory and sub folders as it is to another directory.

How to copy files from one directory to another directory with the subfolders copied. If i have folder1/sub1/sub2/* it needs to copy files to folder2/sub1/sub2/*. I do not want to create sub folders in folder2. Can copy command create them automatically? I tried cp -a and cp -R but did... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosh2626
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all files if another files in the same directory has a matching occurrence of a specific word

he following are the files available in my directory RSK_123_20141113_031500.txt RSK_123_20141113_081500.txt RSK_126_20141113_041500.txt RSK_126_20141113_081800.txt RSK_128_20141113_091600.txt Here, "RSK" is file prefix and 123 is a code name and rest is just timestamp of the file when its... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kridhick
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rsync to copy specific subfolders and files to new directory

RootFolderI: RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG1.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub1/JPG2.jpg -> want this jpg RootFolderI/FolderA/Subfolder2/Subsub2/JPG3.jpg . . . RootFolderI/FolderB/Subfolder1/Subsub1/JPG4.jpg -> want this jpg ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blocnt
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy Specific Files Recursively

Is it possible to only copy selected files+its directories when you are copying recursively? find /OriginalFolder/* -type -d \{ -mtime 1 -o -mtime 2 \ } -exec cp -R {} /CopyTo/'hostname'__CopyTo/ \; -print From the above line, I want to only copy *txt and *ini files from /OriginalFolder/* ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apacheLinux
4 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. Please notice this option isn't related to the terminal length as in a "80 culums terminal". --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do right to left (RTL) layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter and A4. Default is A4. Postscript points Each postscript point equals to 1/72 of an inch. 36 points are 1/2 of an inch. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36 postscript points. --gutter-width=gw Set gutter width. Default is 40 postscript points. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)