Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grabing the same timestamp from files that are ZIPPED Post 302910594 by Don Cragun on Friday 25th of July 2014 02:03:56 PM
Old 07-25-2014
How will the list of files be given to your script? Do you have a pattern that is used to select the files to be zipped, or do you have a file that contains the list of files to be zipped?

Is your script supposed to search a directory for sets of files with the same timestamp and zip each set?

Should we assume that you're using a Solaris system for this problem as in some of your earlier threads?

And what shell are you using?

Last edited by Don Cragun; 07-25-2014 at 03:07 PM.. Reason: Add request for shell information.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

uploading Zipped files get 553 error

I am trying to upload .zip files to Unix server and get the error 553 qmerev2002.zip: Permission denied, what is my problem?? I am able to load other files and folders fine. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: CoastGuard1970
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabing a file from a directory

Hi guys: I need to grab a particular file(s) from a directory. the file name is abc.xyz.2006020101200 I need to grab it based on the bold numbers. The bolded numbers are the date and such files are created everyday. My initial script was to grab the listing of that directory and then cut... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: geomonap
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grabing the username

Hi, Is there a way to grab the username who is running the shell script. I am trying to do is: $ who am i Peterd123 pts/5 Mar 20 09:30 (H0021563.xyz.com) Is there a way to display only the user name above, which is"Peterd123". Thanks Raj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkumar28
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Greping from zipped files without unzipping

I have more than 500 gzipped files in a directory. I have one lookup file in the same directory with 200 key values. I need to get the name of the gzipped file which have any of these 200 key values. Here my criteria is do not unzip the files due to space constraint. Any suggestion? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanu_kanu
3 Replies

5. Linux

grep thru zipped files

Hi All, I need to check the logs and grep it. The problem is that the previous days are zipped with *.gz. How do grep on the *.gz? Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Difference between 2 zipped text files.

Hi, I have below two zipped files - file1.gz 023384148,1,,,02077301961,R,02077301961,N,0,02077301961,N,0,0,8010,02077300518,U,N,,02077300518,U,20100501011732,20100501011732,0,20100501011815,00000430,16,16,10,N;... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy all zipped files from one folder to another

Hi everyone, when I try to copy *.gz files run cp within the correct source folder it works as follow: Source folder = C:/Documents and Settings/user/Recent papers/2771/ Destination folder = C:/Documents and Settings/user/My documents/1532/temp cp *.gz "C:/Documents and Settings/user/My... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cgkmal
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying files with a timestamp greater than a given timestamp

I need to be able to identify files with file timestamps greater than a given timestamp. I am using the following solution, although it appears to compare files at the "seconds" granularity and I need it at the milliseconds. When I tested my solution, it missed files that had timestamps... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all files inside a zipped file

Hi, To all the Unix gurus this should be a simple task, but as a newbie I'm finding it hard to crack this. Any help is highly appreciated... Scenario: Step 1 : Move zip file from FTP folder to WORK folder Step 2: Unzip the file "Sample_YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.tar.gz" which contains many file... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Work with huge Zipped files

Hello dear members, I have one general and one specific question which I will be very grateful if you could help me with them. Let's start with my general question: 1. I am working on cluster computer shared with other people and I need to manipulate a big zipped text file of 13 GB. There is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Homa
1 Replies
PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)						 Linux-PAM Manual					    PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)

NAME
pam_timestamp_check - Check to see if the default timestamp is valid SYNOPSIS
pam_timestamp_check [-k] [-d] [target_user] DESCRIPTION
With no arguments pam_timestamp_check will check to see if the default timestamp is valid, or optionally remove it. OPTIONS
-k Instead of checking the validity of a timestamp, remove it. This is analogous to sudo's -k option. -d Instead of returning validity using an exit status, loop indefinitely, polling regularly and printing the status on standard output. target_user By default pam_timestamp_check checks or removes timestamps generated by pam_timestamp when the user authenticates as herself. When the user authenticates as a different user, the name of the timestamp file changes to accommodate this. target_user allows to specify this user name. RETURN VALUES
0 The timestamp is valid. 2 The binary is not setuid root. 3 Invalid invocation. 4 User is unknown. 5 Permissions error. 6 Invalid controlling tty. 7 Timestamp is not valid. NOTES
Users can get confused when they are not always asked for passwords when running a given program. Some users reflexively begin typing information before noticing that it is not being asked for. EXAMPLES
auth sufficient pam_timestamp.so verbose auth required pam_unix.so session required pam_unix.so session optional pam_timestamp.so FILES
/var/run/sudo/... timestamp files and directories SEE ALSO
pam_timestamp_check(8), pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(8) AUTHOR
pam_tally was written by Nalin Dahyabhai. Linux-PAM Manual 09/19/2013 PAM_TIMESTAMP_CHECK(8)