Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Assign line from file to variable Post 302910487 by Don Cragun on Thursday 24th of July 2014 07:26:05 PM
Old 07-24-2014
Change:
Code:
awk '/ORA|ORA/ { print }' <  test.log

to:
Code:
awk '/^ORA/ { print }' <  test.log

or:
Code:
awk '/^ORA/ { print }' test.log

or more simply:
Code:
awk '/^ORA/' test.log

or:
Code:
grep '^ORA' test.log

For this, I would recommend using grep instead of awk.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign value to a variable in a parameter file

Hi, I have a parameter file and it contains following items $ cat TransactionParams From_Date_Parm=2005-02-25 To_Date_Parm=2005-05-25 Extract_Root_Parm=/detld1/etl/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/CTI_London/IAM Extract_Type_Parm=Transaction EDW_Database_Parm=hdw_erks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gopskrish
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Read a config file and Assign to Variable

I have removeConfig file, it contains the dir paths for removing. I need to read line by line and assign to variable. any idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: redlotus72
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to assign the content of a file to a variable?

Hi all, I have a problem here. I have a file and let we take the content of the file is just '32' (only a numeric value in that file). Now I need to assign this numeric value ( value in that file) to a variable. Is that possible? If so, can you plz advice me on this? Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Line Numbers to each line of the file

Hi! I'm trying to assign line numbers to each line of the file for example consider the following.. The contents of the input file are hello how are you? I'm fine. How about you? I'm trying to get the following output.. 1 hello how are you? 2 I'm fine. 3 How about you? ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: abk07
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

EXPECT: Assign variable by reading a line of text from a file

Hi All, I have been using a program on windows called AutoKey. My environment at work is Linux and I have been experimenting with expect. Very powerful. I can move my AutoKey scripts to Linux using Expect once I am educated on how to read from a file using Expect. My application would be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quemalr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign numbers with decimals from a line to a variable

I am trying to assign a string of numbers with their decimals to a variable. The code reads a file called 'log'. I have not included the entire file since it's huge. The line is: Tagging release with the label program-2.8.114...My code: BUILDNUMFORSIT=$(egrep 'Tagging release with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sgffgs
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign a variable to number of lines in a file

Hello Gurus, Here is my requirement. I need to find the number of lines in a file and need to assign it to a variable. This is what I did and not wroking. #!/bin/ksh set -xv Src_Path=/mac/dev/Generic/SrcFiles Src_Count=wc -l ${Src_Path}/FILE_JUNE.txt Count_file = $Src_Count | awk -F... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thummi9090
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read a two files, line by line in UNIX script and how to assign shell variable to awk ..?

Input are file and file1 file contains store.bal product.bal category.bal admin.bal file1 contains flip.store.bal ::FFFF:BADC:CD28,::FFFF:558E:11C5,6,8,2,1,::FFFF:81C8:CA8B,::FFFF:BADC:CD28,1,0,0,0,::FFFF:81C8:11C5,2,1,0,0,::FFFF:81DC:3111,1,0,1,0 store.bal.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeruasu
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Do While Loop + Read From File + assign line to a variable

Hello, I am using below code for reading from a file and assigning the values to a variable , but it is loosing the value after the loop , please suggest to retain the value of the variable after the loop , while IFS=: read -r line do set $dsc=$line echo 'printing line variable ' $line... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ParthThakkar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign variable value from file to another with the same name

Hi All, I need to read two config files in a shell script. In that I need to assign a value from one config file to another. I 'm using bash. config_env.txt prefix=tab_ config_properties.txt table_name=${prefix}account So, when I read these two files in a shell script, I need... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
6 Replies
Prophet::Test(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prophet::Test(3pm)

set_editor($code)
       Sets the subroutine that Prophet should use instead of "Prophet::CLI::Command::edit_text" (as this routine invokes an interactive editor)
       to $code.

set_editor_script SCRIPT
       Sets the editor that Proc::InvokeEditor uses.

This should be a non-interactive script found in t/scripts.

import_extra($class, $args)
   in_gladiator($code)
       Run the given code using Devel::Gladiator.

repo_path_for($username)
       Returns a path on disk for where $username's replica is stored.

repo_uri_for($username)
       Returns a file:// URI for $USERNAME'S replica (with the correct replica type prefix).

replica_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test replica.

database_uuid
       Returns the UUID of the test database.

replica_last_rev
       Returns the sequence number of the last change in the test replica.

as_user($username, $coderef)
       Run this code block as $username.  This routine sets up the %ENV hash so that when we go looking for a repository, we get the user's repo.

replica_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test replica.

database_uuid_for($username)
       Returns the UUID of the given user's test database.

ok_added_revisions( { CODE }, $numbers_of_new_revisions, $msg)
       Checks that the given code block adds the given number of changes to the test replica. $msg is optional and will be printed with the test
       if given.

serialize_conflict($conflict_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::Conflict object suitable for comparison in tests.

The serialized version is a hash reference containing the following keys:
	   meta => { original_source_uuid => 'source_replica_uuid' }
	   records => { 'record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
			'another_record_uuid' =>
			  { change_type => 'type',
			    props => { propchange_name => { source_old => 'old_val',
							    source_new => 'new_val',
							    target_old => 'target_val',
							  }
				     }
			  },
		      }

serialize_changeset($changeset_obj)
       Returns a simple, serialized version of a Prophet::ChangeSet object suitable for comparison in tests (a hash).

run_command($command, @args)
       Run the given command with (optionally) the given args using a new Prophet::CLI object. Returns the standard output of that command in
       scalar form or, in array context, the STDOUT in scalar form *and* the STDERR in scalar form.

Examples:

run_command('create', '--type=Foo');

load_record($type, $uuid)
       Loads and returns a record object for the record with the given type and uuid.

as_alice CODE, as_bob CODE, as_charlie CODE, as_david CODE
       Runs CODE as alice, bob, charlie or david.

perl v5.10.1							    2009-09-02							Prophet::Test(3pm)