Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unmounting NFS idle clients from server Post 302910483 by Don Cragun on Thursday 24th of July 2014 07:13:48 PM
Old 07-24-2014
According to the Linux man page, the default duration is 2 minutes and maximum duration is 10 minutes.

Are you sure that any of the 513 mounts you're concerned about aren't being used? (Note that if someone changed directory into a directory under the mount point, that mount point will be "in use" until that process and all of its children exit or change directory to some directory that is not under that mount point.)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 8 server and Jumpstarting 2.6 clients

Ladies and Gentlemen: I have successfully configured a Solaris 8 server with Jumpstart! I can Jumpstart Solaris 8 client systems with no problem. My configuration is as follows: Jumpstart Server: Solaris 8 patched with Recommended Patches from June 05. I have installed Solaris 8 in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rambo15
4 Replies

2. AIX

IPsec from one AIX server to many windows clients

I work for a fairly large organization who recently tasked me with securing our telnet services with IPsec. We have a large mixed environment where most of our servers are running unsecured telnet. ssh was my first suggestion but because of the cost of purchasing an enterprise license for a fips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 9 as a nfs client -- centos as a nfs server.

Hello, I have a centos as nfs server, its name is centos_A. After I finish the setup of the nfs server, the other linux can access this nfs server immediately via /net/centos_A/* But, My solaris 9 can not access /net/centos_A/* immediately. I have to leave /net/centos_A, and wait for about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bruceharbin
1 Replies

4. AIX

Unmounting a failed NFS mount

I have an NFS file system mounted on one of my AIX servers with "mount -v cifs".. The server from which the file system was mounted has crashed and now my "df -g" output is hanging. Is there any was to unmount this NFS file system? I have tried "umount -f". Doesn't work. Or is there any way in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wibhore
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Quest on NFS with 1 Server & 2 Clients

Hello; I work now with a team which has based her "applications" on the following schema: 1 NFS client C1 (linux redhat 5) writes a file fic.dat on a NFS SERVER S (RH 5) Another NFS client C2 is waiting for the same file fic.dat (on NFS server S1), and, when "fic.dat" appears, then makes... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: SolarMax
8 Replies

6. IP Networking

Some clients cannot ping UNIX server

All of sudden in this morning, some computers could not connect to our UNIX server while other still could. Some computers could ping the server while some could not. Same on the server side. It could ping some clients but not some. All Windows clients could ping each other. And more, the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jonapa
1 Replies

7. Programming

Clients - Server ( UDP )

Hello, I have a question: I want to create a n client to one server connection. This is the client-server algorithm. Enybody help to make the changes? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MaHmur
0 Replies

8. Solaris

NFS with a NAS: permanently inconsistent directory state across clients

Hi, I am having some NFS directory consistency problems with the below setup on a local (192.) network: 1. Different permissions (chmod) for the same NFS dir are reflected on different clients. 2. (more serious) an NFS dir created on client1 cannot be accessed on client2; this applies to some... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cosmojetz
10 Replies

9. AIX

AIX NFS Server and NFS Client

Hi 2 ALL, try to run NFS Server in AIX 7.1 : 1. Step by step on NFS Server node mkdir /tmp/test chgrp staff /tmp/test chmod 775 /tmp/test-- create export directory (fs) mknfsexp -d /tmp/test -t ro exportfs -va show mount -e :/# exportfs -av exports: 1831-187 re-exported /tmp/test... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: penchev
4 Replies
FTPFS(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							  FTPFS(4)

NAME
ftpfs - file transfer protocol (FTP) file system SYNOPSIS
ftpfs [ -/dq ] [ -m mountpoint ] [ -a password ] system DESCRIPTION
Ftpfs dials the TCP file transfer protocol (FTP) port, 21, on system and mounts itself (see bind(2)) on mountpoint (default /n/ftp) to pro- vide access to files on the remote machine. If required by the remote machine, ftpfs will prompt for a user name and password. The user names ftp and anonymous conventionally offer guest/read-only access to machines. Anonymous FTP may be called without user interaction by using the -a option and specifying the password. By default the file seen at the mount point is the user's remote home directory. The option -/ forces the mount point to correspond to the remote root. To avoid seeing startup messages from the server use option -q. To see all messages from the server use option -d. To terminate the connection, unmount (see bind(1)) the mount point. EXAMPLE
You want anonymous FTP access to the system export.lcs.mit.edu. The first import(4) command is only necessary if your machine does not have access to the desired system, but another, called gateway in this example, does. import gateway /net ftpfs -a yourname@yourmachine export.lcs.mit.edu SOURCE
/sys/src/cmd/ftpfs SEE ALSO
bind(2) BUGS
Symbolic links on remote Unix systems will always have mode 0777 and a length of 8. After connecting to a TOPS-20 system, the mount point will contain only one directory, usually /n/ftp/PS:<ANONYMOUS>. However, walking to any valid directory on that machine will succeed and cause that directory entry to appear under the mount point. Ftpfs caches files and directories. A directory will fall from the cache after 5 quiescent minutes or if the local user changes the direc- tory by writing or removing a file. Otherwise, remote changes to the directory that occur after the directory has been cached might not be immediately visible. There is no way to issue the appropriate commands to handle special synthetic FTP file types such as directories that automatically return a tar of their contents. FTPFS(4)