Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting Details from string -- Help Me!!! Post 302910380 by panyam on Thursday 24th of July 2014 03:48:26 AM
Old 07-24-2014
Code:
 echo $FilePath | cut -d"/" -f1

echo "$FilePath" | sed   's/$HOST_NAME_LAND//'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting String from a list

I have a string of Data such as Date Time Tran1 Tran2 Tran3 ...... How can I extract just all the trans excluding Date and Time. Thanks, Odogbolu98 ;) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: odogbolu98
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting from a string

How do I extract 5th to 10th characters of string as given below stored in a shell variable. "ab cd ef gh ij kl" How is cut to be used on this? Thanks for any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: preetikate
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting a string from one file and searching the same string in other files

Hi, Need to extract a string from one file and search the same in other files. Ex: I have file1 of hundred lines with no delimiters not even space. I have 3 more files. I should get 1 to 10 characters say substring from each line of file1 and search that string in rest of the files and get... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohancrr
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting a string

Hi All, I am writing a shell script for which I am stuck with an extraction part. I arrived till extraction of a path of file. Lets take an example. I now have a file which contains following one line: 2348/home/userid/mydir/any_num_dir/myfile.text Now I want to extract only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: start_shell
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting String

I am trying to extract a hyperlink from a html document using awk. I have managed to output in the format... href="index.html"> where i would like it just to output index.html. Any ideas on how i would do this? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adpe
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting Date from string

Hi Gurus I want to extract a date and version code which shall come in filename consisting of underscores. The filename can contain any / one underscores but the version number will come after date and will be separted by underscore String formats ============= ABC_20090815_2.csv... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting particular string in a file and storing matched string in output file

Hi , I have input file and i want to extract below strings <msisdn xmlns="">0492001956</ msisdn> => numaber inside brackets <resCode>3000</resCode> => 3000 needs to be extracted <resMessage>Request time getBalances_PSM.c(37): d out</resMessage></ns2:getBalancesResponse> => the word... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: sushmab82
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting numbers from a String

Hi all, I'm a new programmer to shell script... and I have no idea how to use substring. I want to extract the numbers from the following string and place it into a variable: "170 unique conformations found" The numbers can be more than three digits depending on the case. I just want to... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ah7391
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting substring within string between 2 token within the string

Hello. First best wishes for everybody. here is the input file ("$INPUT1") contents : BASH_FUNC_message_begin_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_debug%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_end_script%%=() { local -a L_ARRAY; BASH_FUNC_message_error%%=() { local... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies
echo(3XCURSES)						  X/Open Curses Library Functions					    echo(3XCURSES)

NAME
echo, noecho - enable/disable terminal echo SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -I /usr/xpg4/include -L /usr/xpg4/lib -R /usr/xpg4/lib -lcurses [ library... ] c89 [ flag... ] file... -lcurses [ library... ] #include <curses.h> int echo(void); int noecho(void); DESCRIPTION
The echo() function enables Echo mode for the current screen. The noecho() function disables Echo mode for the current screen. Initially, curses software echo mode is enabled and hardware echo mode of the tty driver is disabled. The echo() and noecho() functions control soft- ware echo only. Hardware echo must remain disabled for the duration of the application, else the behavior is undefined. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, these functions return OK. Otherwise, they return ERR. ERRORS
No errors are defined. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Unsafe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
getch(3XCURSES), getstr(3XCURSES), initscr(3XCURSES), libcurses(3XCURSES), scanw(3XCURSES), attributes(5), standards(5) SunOS 5.11 5 Jun 2002 echo(3XCURSES)